Bengals @ Chiefs AFC Championship (Please do not bring Bills commentary in here)

HOUSE

4 minutes ago, Heels20X6 said:

The Bengals game is a lot different with Von and Daquan in.

That being said, Frazier's milquetoast game plan set the team up for failure.

Interesting...watching NFL Primetime with Berman, Booger and Keyshawn.  Key just said that the difference in the pass rush on Burrows from last week to this week was the footing.  With the snow Bills pass rushers couldn't get to Burrows.  I was surprised at that take by Key.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Simon said:

You cannot jack a guy in the back when both of you are sprinting OB; it's a dangerous play and a clear penalty every time.

My left brain agrees. It’s a clear penalty. 
My right brain still hates to see a playoff game effectively end on a penalty that did not impact the play of the field. I’d say the same about a running into the punter, taunting, et. So yes, I think there should be a somewhat different standard in the playoffs. I’ll admit it’s hard to know where to draw the playoff line, but this one just seemed unnecessary. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MPT said:

Maybe you would be outraged. I cringed at some of the personal fouls Josh drew this year. It's smart on his part but it's ridiculous that QBs get away with flopping out of bounds constantly.

Dude, give it up - it was clearly a penalty and stupid one at that.  Game was probably going to overtime before that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Bottom line is we need more difference makers. If beane doesn’t go offense in the first round this board is going to melt down. And I don’t necessarily mean wr either. A stud guard could be a difference maker for US

If we let Poyer and Edmunds walk and draft their replacements, that will free up cap to sign FA for offense. There is a way to draft defense and still get Allen more help.

Just now, birdo67 said:

It's gotta be hard to tell where the sideline is when you're moving that fast - but still, "Hey, the QB is slowing down, and my entire coaching staff and team seems really close to me!"

I agree game speed.  But NFL players are keenly aware of where the sidelines are.  He knows the angle mahomes is taking is to go out of bounds many yards before he lays hands.  Should have pulled up.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MPT said:

Maybe you would be outraged. I cringed at some of the personal fouls Josh drew this year. It's smart on his part but it's ridiculous that QBs get away with flopping out of bounds constantly.

There are ticky-tack roughing or personal fouls called at times but this wasn’t one of them.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am still shaking my head over the one play where they let the entire thing run for a Cin stop, let the punt teams come out, and then the refs called a do-over for KC. On said do-over, they call a defensive hold for a first down for KC.

I mean, can you write a better script? 

The hold was on Eli Apple so I'll allow it.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, davefan66 said:

I agree game speed.  But NFL players are keenly aware of where the sidelines are.  He knows the angle mahomes is taking is to go out of bounds many yards before he lays hands.  Should have pulled up.

Didn’t even have to pull up but he reached out and shoved him, well after both of them crossed the sideline.

Clear and stupid foul

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Dude said:

Allen was drafted in 2018, his new contract began in 2022. 

Burrow was drafted in 2020. 

Wouldn’t the same time frame apply to their franchise QB?

Asking bc I really don’t know. 

It will depend on whether they think the price will go up the longer they wait.  Additionally...locking up the QB defines how much cap room you have moving forward.  Don't know if the Bengals think that way.  You make a valid point though.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HomeTeam said:

Even with Von, we need some more blue chips. 

I know that's easier said than done but hopefully we can find one in the draft. 

I do agree that - old as it is - the recipe for success is still the same 3 years later. You CONTINUE to make DLine a priority. Recognize that Epenesa and Basham were wasted picks, but that you have something in Miller and Rousseau, and you keep striving to build an elite pass rush because that WILL make a huge difference when the games matter most. 

it’s tricky because OL is also a huge priority now but as much as people wanna scream about getting a WR2, I think priority 1a and 1b is OL and DL (pass rusher) still. 

Unfortunately you can’t control injury luck (unless you’re KC maybe) , but as far as approach, once you have the franchise QB in place, emphasis on OL&DL and the surrounding skill positions will benefit. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Better than hearing who dey for another 2 weeks and how Burrow is the man.  Cincy has been about the most cocky team in recent memory since last week. Glad they got forcibly humbled tonight.

i think we are sore from a few trash talkers after the game but at the end of the day i think cincy and their fans showed class for the damar situation and am pretty suprised how hated they are now by this fanbase. they are a small market team that have been the bottom of the barrel for as long as us and came out of the blue to be really good. 

they are a afc rival so i hope we stomp mudholes in their skulls when we play em. today showed they arent that good and we need to adjust whatever it was that was the garbage we played in our game. but i dont have this extreme hatred i see. 

tired of the cincy kc hype so ill be flocking or swooping..whatever phillies fan base does for the sb for a game lol. 

but cincy got hosed by the refs imo. kc aint that good either. good news for us.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Interesting...watching NFL Primetime with Berman, Booger and Keyshawn.  Key just said that the difference in the pass rush on Burrows from last week to this week was the footing.  With the snow Bills pass rushers couldn't get to Burrows.  I was surprised at that take by Key.

I think footing was an issue but mainly the lack of gameplanni g the bills did. For it.  As far as pass rush that makes sense but the flip side is cinci did get pressure the difference is burrow was getting rid of it quick to open guys.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Crazy thing is on the Bengals final possession with the game in the balance and a defining moment for coach and QB,  they threw deep on 3rd and 3. Not the smartest play or decision and seems awfully familiar. 

I also wondered why every OC has seemed to catch this awful disease.  They try to plan 4 steps ahead and just outsmart themselves.

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

My left brain agrees. It’s a clear penalty. 
My right brain still hates to see a playoff game effectively end on a penalty that did not impact the play of the field. I’d say the same about a running into the punter, taunting, et. So yes, I think there should be a somewhat different standard in the playoffs. I’ll admit it’s hard to know where to draw the playoff line, but this one just seemed unnecessary. 

But it did impact the play on the field.  Taking a shot at Mahomes (who is already injured) can have the outcome of taking him out of the game.  It was a stupid penalty and one that will be called EVERY time because the league is intent on protecting quarterbacks.

1 minute ago, DJB said:

Yeah NFL isn’t doing KC any favours 

Yeah I saw both of the blocks in the back in real time. And the NFL looooves calling those regardless of whether it's legit or not. There's only one reason not to call multiple obvious penalties on the final return of the game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.