Bengals @ Chiefs AFC Championship (Please do not bring Bills commentary in here)

Bogie_Klinkhammer

2 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

Bills need more impact players. Players like Chris Jones really show up in key moments. 

I'm curious as to what Beane and McDermott got from this game. They are always preaching growth mindset. They can learn a lot from the Chiefs and the Bengals. 

we had a Chris jones. But he got hurt. Chiefs key players never do. 

4 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I actually liked the intentional grounding call. It was closer to 10 yards in front of the RB. I thought the refs missed a couple of blatant grounding calls on both teams during the game. 

The personal foul to end the game was a 100% have to call it penalty. Mahomes was a full yard out of bounds before the guy shoved him. Not a whole lot of force but holy moly was it late. 

Refs probably favored the Chiefs overall, but the Chiefs did have a TD called back on a ticky tack holding penalty. 

Just re-watched the intentional grounding. It was 5 yards in front of the receiver but never made it back to the line of scrimmage so it was actually a good call.

The personal foul was still terrible though. In real time he was out of bounds for about a tenth of a second and the defender barely touched him. You just can't call ticky tack stuff when it decides the entire game.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Simon said:

I was jumping off the couch yelling "I cant believe he did it; you f'ing moron" before the flag even came in :blush:

(my wife was going what? what happened?! what did he do?!-)

I watched Ossai push Mahomes and said “He just cost Cincy the game.” before I even saw the flag. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

8 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

That’s true but this will be what the media focuses on.   Manning could not beat Brady til he did an it was a thing.  I see I struck a nerve  with the response.  

What the media focuses on is generally not the correct thing. All that matters is the actual truth, not what the media thinks. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MPT said:

Just re-watched the intentional grounding. It was 5 yards in front of the receiver but never made it back to the line of scrimmage so it was actually a good call.

The personal foul was still terrible though. In real time he was out of bounds for about a tenth of a second and the defender barely touched him. You just can't call ticky tack stuff when it decides the entire game.

Then tell the defender to not even touch the QB on the sidelines like he did.  It was a clear penalty.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, MPT said:

LOL if that was Josh Allen we’d be outraged.

Football players learn to play the sidelines from flag and from peewee

Don’t shove the player after he’s clear out of bounds

This one wasn’t even close

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6

13 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I was more like “no, they are NOT going to throw the flag on that one…holy crap they just threw the flag!

Any game can be manipulated by the refs, going EITHER way, by simply calling offensive holding, or defensive holding for an automatic first down.

All depends on if the refs want the team with the ball to succeed or fail.

That call on the push out of bounds literally decided the game.

I wish I had more of a feel for what that would look like from the perspective of the guy committing the foul; I think it's quite possible he/you/me/anyone wouldn't be even CLOSE to being aware of where the sideline is on that play, especially as he is running as fast as he can and is focused on Mahomes, not the ground.

Then again, maybe NFLers would say "No, you can tell where you are on the field, that's guy's just an idiot."

• Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

NFL wants mahomes to be the new micheal jordan "flu game" so bad. I'd be livid if I was a bengals fan, mahomes got so many breaks and calls their way all game. That last dive Hubbard got drug to the ground by his jersey, no call.

KC never ever gets called for holding its ridiculous 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Then tell the defender to not even touch the QB on the sidelines like he did.  It was a clear penalty.

It's gotta be hard to tell where the sideline is when you're moving that fast - but still, "Hey, the QB is slowing down, and my entire coaching staff and team seems really close to me!"

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Beck Water said:

LOL if that was Josh Allen we’d be outraged.

Football players learn to play the sidelines from flag and from peewee

Maybe you would be outraged. I cringed at some of the personal fouls Josh drew this year. It's smart on his part but it's ridiculous that QBs get away with flopping out of bounds constantly.

4 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

probably 2- They will pick up his 5th year option and then year 6 his insane contract will kick in.

Allen was drafted in 2018, his new contract began in 2022. 

Burrow was drafted in 2020. 

Wouldn’t the same time frame apply to their franchise QB?

Asking bc I really don’t know. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.