Bengals @ Chiefs AFC Championship (Please do not bring Bills commentary in here)

Bogie_Klinkhammer

1 minute ago, Best Williams Available said:

I don’t know but I think the Bungles get figured out next year and struggle. Despite going to the SB most thought it was a fluke year and they went overlooked this year until the last 1/3. Most thought Bills, KC and Ravens were best. Cincy on the map now and have a target on their backs.

It’s also going to get crazy when they have to pay their guys. I know every team with expensive QB’s have this issue, but Bengals ownership is notoriously cheap. Burrow will continue to be great, but I’m not sure about this team over time. 

3 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

You don’t seem to know what forward progress means

i know exactly what forward progress means. If a player runs 10 yards, jukes and reverses field and is tackled a yard back of where he juked and went backwards, guess where the ball is marked?

Just like it should have been marked back to where the player pulled the ball back on his own. Again, this isn’t breaking the plane of the goal line.

Glad I could educate you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Gotta be honest, everytime I see Andy Reid I wonder how he sleeps at night.  For all the things he has achieved in his career, everything would have to seem small given his personal issues.

Also you gotta think he has sleep apnea

11 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Josh would have got that call too. And we would have wanted it. 

maybe. but its pretty well known you dont throw a game changing/winning flag in a situation like that unless its agregious. that wasnt at all. a ton of flags on cincy in critical situations that just so happen to keep kc alive at the end. if it was 3rd down then expect the refs to get involved. it was suspect as hell.

i could care less who won and want them both to lose in the sb but i thought the refs were dragging kc over the finish line all forth quarter. 

im a eagles fan for a game i guess.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, MPT said:

The intentional grounding penalty was awful. It landed about 4 yards in front of a receiver. The personal foul was also egregious. Ossai got one hand on Mahomes and didn't even push him. 

The Chiefs got the royal treatment from the NFL today, as usual. I'm sure the sports books are happy though. 

My big one was the late hit on Burrow that wasn’t called. Not sure it had any impact on the result in the end, but it was pretty obvious. Certainly as obvious as that last second out of bound late hit on Cincy

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The push was light and one step out of bounds…they just tumbled for awhile.  There was also an absolutely egregious hold on the chiefs on that play too…should’ve been offsetting at worst(for the bengals). Would’ve been an easy out for the refs handlin it that way 

So you think the tumble Mahomes took was fake? 

What about both of his feet clearly OOB when he was pushed?

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

There’s 10 other guys on offense lol and Allen has beat mahomes twice and did all he needed to to win last year.  They’re all great with different strengths/weaknesses 

That’s true but this will be what the media focuses on.   Manning could not beat Brady til he did an it was a thing.  I see I struck a nerve  with the response.  

5 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

We can not like it but burrow has beaten Allen and mahomes.  Mahomes has beaten burrow and Allen.  Allen has beaten neither. regular season does not matter.  

Hard truths. That's why they need to focus on getting Josh protection and weapons in this draft and whatever they can swing in FA.

Edited by Billz4ever

1 minute ago, MPT said:

The intentional grounding penalty was awful. It landed about 4 yards in front of a receiver. The personal foul was also egregious. Ossai got one hand on Mahomes and didn't even push him. 

The Chiefs got the royal treatment from the NFL today, as usual. I'm sure the sports books are happy though. 

I actually liked the intentional grounding call. It was closer to 10 yards in front of the RB. I thought the refs missed a couple of blatant grounding calls on both teams during the game. 

The personal foul to end the game was a 100% have to call it penalty. Mahomes was a full yard out of bounds before the guy shoved him. Not a whole lot of force but holy moly was it late. 

Refs probably favored the Chiefs overall, but the Chiefs did have a TD called back on a ticky tack holding penalty. 

• Agree 1

Both these teams are so much better coached both offensively and defensively than the Bills despite our defensive head coach too.

We are in serious trouble.

McDermott brings absolutely nothing to the table in terms of scheme or gameplanning. We have gone backwards. Need a coaching change before we need to scrap everything and start over, ownership going to waste the prime of Josh Allen. 

Beane bring tied in tight with McDermott is a serious issue because there's now zero accountability between the two. 

This team is dead in the water as long as McD is here. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffarukus said:

maybe. but its pretty well known you dont throw a game changing/winning flag in a situation like that unless its agregious. that wasnt at all. 

im a eagles fan for a game i guess.

You cannot jack a guy in the back when both of you are sprinting OB; it's a dangerous play and a clear penalty every time.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

well mates. One last Game day thread for this season. It's been a fun Ride. One more game left Boooooooooo

I love football season. It ending makes me sad.

Until The Super Bowl Bills Fans. Live long and Prosper 🙂

m

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Matt_In_NH said:

That’s true but this will be what the media focuses on.   Manning could not beat Brady til he did an it was a thing.  I see I struck a nerve  with the response.  

Haha I couldn’t care less about media narrative.. the opinion of any analyst that doesn’t know enough to understand the importance of pass blocking to a qb means absolutely nothing 

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

i know exactly what forward progress means. If a player runs 10 yards, jukes and reverses field and is tackled a yard back of where he juked and went backwards, guess where the ball is marked?

Just like it should have been marked back to where the player pulled the ball back on his own. Again, this isn’t breaking the plane of the goal line.

Glad I could educate you.

I agree. If he kept the ball out there as players often do then he should be awarded the yardage 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.