Bengals @ Chiefs AFC Championship (Please do not bring Bills commentary in here)

HOUSE

11 hours ago, Simon said:

Penalty yards were 71-55

The Chiefs got the better of it but often times that's the result of being a better team with better players being smarter when they're in better position

I'm not so sure the Chiefs were the better team. Mahomes was clearly limited and they were down to WRs skeletons.

Felt like the Bengals should have won. A missed opportunity for sure. 

You have to give the KC organization a lot of credit for pulling out a win under these circumstances. Home field was also pretty big here. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Agree 3

Just now, TDO'Kearney said:

It's true the grounding and roughing were blatant, but penalties WERE 5-1 Cin in the fourth quarter.  Was KC really not doing ANYTHING wrong that whole time?  I don't want it to be like hockey where they HAVE to even it up but still, it felt like Cincy was up against KC and the refs a bit.

The intentional grounding penalty was awful. It landed about 4 yards in front of a receiver. The personal foul was also egregious. Ossai got one hand on Mahomes and didn't even push him. 

The Chiefs got the royal treatment from the NFL today, as usual. I'm sure the sports books are happy though. 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

I don’t know but I think the Bungles get figured out next year and struggle. Despite going to the SB most thought it was a fluke year and they went overlooked this year until the last 1/3. Most thought Bills, KC and Ravens were best. Cincy on the map now and have a target on their backs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TDO'Kearney said:

I thought that was a lame call live too but on the replay - he was way out there.

The push was light and one step out of bounds…they just tumbled for awhile.  There was also an absolutely egregious hold on the chiefs on that play too…should’ve been offsetting at worst(for the bengals). Would’ve been an easy out for the refs handlin it that way 

Just now, Matt_In_NH said:

We can not like it but burrow has beaten Allen and mahomes.  Mahomes has beaten burrow and Allen.  Allen has beaten neither. regular season does not matter.  

Patience grasshopper. The sun will shine again tomorriw. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

It's really hard to like that guy. Not only do you have the best QB. Not only do you have the talent. But more times than not you have the refs.

Show a little class and take the higher road.

That being said, EF Cincy!

Nah, the Cincinnati mayor did a total douchey thing yesterday.  Very dumb and gave KC more bulletin board material on top

of the Burrowhead nonsense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, MPT said:

The intentional grounding penalty was awful. It landed about 4 yards in front of a receiver. The personal foul was also egregious. Ossai got one hand on Mahomes and didn't even push him. 

The Chiefs got the royal treatment from the NFL today, as usual. I'm sure the sports books are happy though. 

That call was awful and absolutely wouldn’t have been thrown on KC. Just a play you see all the time and not a foul  Edit: I was referring to the grounding penalty only. The hit OB was a good call just a dumb play by the defender 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

We can not like it but burrow has beaten Allen and mahomes.  Mahomes has beaten burrow and Allen.  Allen has beaten neither. regular season does not matter.  

There’s 10 other guys on offense lol and Allen has beat mahomes twice and did all he needed to to win last year.  They’re all great with different strengths/weaknesses.  

you give that kc oline to burrow or Allen and they’d go absolutely wild 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.