49ers @ Eagles, NFC Championship (not a thread for Bills debate, please)

HOUSE

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

The defense was on the field most of the game due to their lack of a QB. Hurts had garbage numbers because he’s pure trash 

Oh, ok, I get it now. Hurts had garbage numbers cause he's pure trash. Great argument. Very insightful.

P.S. I guess 16-1 is a garbage number? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Ffs, getting hurt is part of the damn game. It’s not like it was a dirty play. Eagles pressured and got to him. 

would Josh go out? ***** no. He would be chucking a potential 70 yard bomb in the buck to Davis that he woulda drop. 

Did you just say get off my lawn?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Fallser said:

Fireworks in the neighborhood, eagles fans will be drooling for two weeks. (I Live in Philadelphia burbs)

I used to live in West Philadelphia (Parkside), then moved on up to Horsham.

WIP should be in rare form too 🤣

Where are you?

Edited by RocCityRoller

5 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

rookie QBS were 0-4 all time in Conference Championship games prior to today

Mr Irrelevant has never been 8-0 with a 107.3 quarterback rating going into that game either.  History doesn't mean anything.  

Edited by CoudyBills
Added never
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Ray Stonada said:

Oh, ok, I get it now. Hurts had garbage numbers cause he's pure trash. Great argument. Very insightful.

P.S. I guess 16-1 is a garbage number? 

He’s trash. You simply don’t understand football. Now run along and order your Hurts bobbleheads and cardboard cut outs. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

rookie QBS were 0-4 all time in Conference Championship games prior to today

Does that include the rookie starting QB getting hurt early on?  Not able to throw the ball?

Niners had a real chance to win this. If not for the 3 and 4 and outs, the Eagles wouldn’t have scored as much as they did.  Much different game if Niners play their style of game and defense isn’t behind the 8-ball.

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I used to live in West Philadelphia (Parkside), then moved on up to Horsham.

WIP should be in rare form too 🤣

Where are you?

Angelo Cataldi will be unbearable for his last two weeks! 
Not far from Ardmore. Been in Philadelphia for 20 years.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I think they would have won fairly handily as a completely neutralized Hurts was exposed . 

The Niners have a great defense. No secret there.  Hurts didn't have to play lights out.  He didn't turn the ball over and they ran for 150 yards and 4 TDs.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

He’s trash. You simply don’t understand football. Now run along and order your Hurts bobbleheads and cardboard cut outs. 

I'm a lifelong Bills fan, not a Philly fan or Hurts fan. But Philly crushed them. Hurts did what was needed against an awesome defense. End of story. 

Boatdrinks, I fear you have a Brock Purdy bobblehead bouncing around in your head.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Fallser said:

Angelo Cataldi will be unbearable for his last two weeks! 
Not far from Ardmore. Been in Philadelphia for 20 years.

I was there 2000-2010 - the Reid/ McNabb years.

WIP was still on 610 AM.

Started with Cataldi/ Al Morganti and Rhea, peak Howard Eskin in the afternoon, and Big Daddy Graham (RIP) at night.

All sorts of personalities then. Since I wasn't a fan or a hater (except the Flyers) of Philadelphia's teams it was fascinating.

Was there for almost all of the McNabb/ Reid era, the Phillies rise and parade, Allen Iverson running out of gas on the Blue Route and his finals and the end of the Lindros saga.

Good times.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I mean , I can’t stand Brady but Hurts isn’t in the same universe. 

I’m not saying he is. I’m just making the point not to use this game to say Hurts is overrated. I think he might be, but I don’t think using this game is fair. Playoff wins often take every side of the ball, and plenty of great QB’s pick up playoff wins with help. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.