49ers @ Eagles, NFC Championship (not a thread for Bills debate, please)

HOUSE

So I had hoped that the 49ers were going to win this game, because I despise Philadelphia & their fans, LOL, but once Purdy went down, their chances dropped to about 10%. Even with a healthy Purdy, Eagles probably still would have won. Couple things though:

1) The refs seemed to be on the Eagles side all day, even on that roughing the kicker call in the 3rd qtr, you could make the argument that the Niner was pushed into the kicker. The missed call on the 4th down drop by the Eagles receiver was huge early on too. SF had no real time to challenge it either; the "upstairs NFL crew" should have stopped the game and got it right. Can't blow calls like that in championship games (with today's technology).

2) They really need to outlaw the pushing from behind by other players in order to advance a runner. Yes, I know we did it too for Josh, but I'm sick of it...is this rugby? 😂

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

You can't punch at the ball?

The play was probably considered dead

Expect a big crackdown on that maneuver next year, imo

Guys are getting too over the top with it

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.