Dolphins hire Fangio as DC

Big Blitz

59 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Id trade all of that for 1 Super Bowl.

Dont care about the regular season victories.

Sure, championships are now the bottom line, but there are ALWAYS metrics by which we can evaluate performances among a pool of everyone else who didn't win. 

It's not like every team who doesn't win the SB each season is somehow rendered equally inept once the season ends. Despite the post-hoc narrative, the SB does not crown 1 celebrated, championship-caliber team while also by default designating 31 equally undeserving also-rans. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Einstein said:

Id trade all of that for 1 Super Bowl.

Dont care about the regular season victories.

I would too. Who wouldn’t? But it obviously doesn’t work that way. Regular season victories + success usually comes before SB victories.

What Bills coach established that type of expectations for the fan base?

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Of course we all would. But switching out coaches is far from a guarantee of that.

True.

10 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Sure, championships are now the bottom line, but there are ALWAYS metrics by which we can evaluate performances among a pool of everyone else who didn't win. 

It's not like every team who doesn't win the SB each season is somehow rendered equally inept once the season ends. Despite the post-hoc narrative, the SB does not crown 1 celebrated, championship-caliber team while also by default designating 31 equally undeserving also-rans. 

You're right.

And if this was year 3, I'd agree with you. In fact, I DID agree with you after year 3.

But we are now entering year 6. And we really need to start seeing some growth as far as blunders go in the playoffs.

Even a deep playoff loss where we simply lost because the other team got lucky, or some other issue that doesn't involve coaching making several blunders like 13 Seconds and the issues we saw against Cinci (twice). My biggest problem is that the same issues keep happening year after year after year. And to watch KC, with a worse defense, but a HOF coach, absolutely shut down Cinci's attack, is disheartening. 

• Like (+1) 3

16 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

weird how high he’s ranked for in game win probability for being so “pathetic” at it…

Do me a favor - if this team does make the playoffs next year, request a meeting with him and show him this chart. He obviously forgot he ranked up there in the two games he where got outcoached recently.

On 1/29/2023 at 1:56 PM, Chas56 said:

Brady and Rodgers are like milk that is past its use by date. Yeah, you can drink it, but any day it’s gonna go sour.

Rodgers is probably more like almond milk, or something. Milk would throw off his chakras.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.