Dolphins hire Fangio as DC

Big Blitz

21 hours ago, Chas56 said:

Brady and Rodgers are like milk that is past its use by date. Yeah, you can drink it, but any day it’s gonna go sour.

That's like McDermott

21 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

I wanted Fangio and now we have to crap the bed to be rid of Frazier. This is one of my knocks on Sean and Beane. They have a blind spot for coordinators that aren’t getting it done. How many years do we have to watch Frazier be out coached in the playoffs.? How long do we have to endure poor O-line play? The safety coach was fired but why was he hired?

McDermott is the problem. The defensive coordinator is an extension of him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

That's like McDermott

McDermott is the problem. The defensive coordinator is an extension of him. 

How can we move off him if he’s tied to the GM and ownership at the hip. His supporters will say he wins divisions and keeps the fan base engaged. With a new stadium on the horizon and the value of the franchise growing diametrically , do you think the Pegula’s are demanding SBs? I doubt it.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

I can only hypothesize that this FO and coaching staff look at the Miami game against Skylar Thompson and the drubbing at the hands of the Bengals as flukes if they are content with running it back with the same coaches outside of firing the friggin' Safeties coach.

Which does go counter to what Beane said in his presser, where he said the Bengals have passed us up.  OK, so what are you going to do about it then?  Does he think it's simply a matter of not having the right players?

That’s exactly what this regime believes it’s the players fault not there schemes or philosophies the players. 

To be clear, I have always liked Nick Fangio

One of the things that you have to consider when making a change to your coordinator is, do you have the horses to run their defense

This is especially true on defense we cannot afford to lose Josh Allen years while we retool our defense we need to keep getting good players in the draft that match what we’re doing

I would like to see a Defense that incorporates press man coverage against certain teams

On 1/29/2023 at 11:40 AM, Billz4ever said:

I can only hypothesize that this FO and coaching staff look at the Miami game against Skylar Thompson and the drubbing at the hands of the Bengals as flukes if they are content with running it back with the same coaches outside of firing the friggin' Safeties coach.

Which does go counter to what Beane said in his presser, where he said the Bengals have passed us up.  OK, so what are you going to do about it then?  Does he think it's simply a matter of not having the right players?

I found that presser to be a bit confusing.

I agree that knee-jerk reactions rarely produce good outcomes, but our team keeps stalling in the playoffs.

It is either coaching or players. If it is not the coaching then is Beane saying he has not brought in the right players?

I have to allow that it is likely performance gaps with both players and coaches.

Perhaps it is just too early to unpack, but the time to evaluate coaches and consider upgrades would be now when there is a lot of FO turnover and guys are looking for their next gig.

I never thought hope was a good strategy, but feels like we are heading for a rinse and repeat where OBD hopes something falls better our way.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I found that presser to be a bit confusing.

I agree that knee-jerk reactions rarely produce good outcomes, but our team keeps stalling in the playoffs.

It is either coaching or players. If it is not the coaching then is Beane saying he has not brought in the right players?

Perhaps it is just too early to unpack, but the time to evaluate coaches and consider upgrades would be now when there is a lot of FO turnover and guys are looking for their next gig.

I never thought hope was a good strategy, but feels like we are heading for a rinse and repeat where OBD hopes something falls better our way.

Yep, if all the same coaches are returning sans the Safeties Coach, then logic says they think it's all the players.  But as he also said, they've got problems with the cap, so getting the right players is going to have to come from the draft.  He's going to have to have one phenomenal draft is all I've got to say. Going to have to have more success than he's had on a lot of picks that haven't produced many impact players on this team outside of Allen (jury is still out on last year's draft class).

• Agree 1

Whoa...maybe not so fast...

Fangio saying "nothing has been decided on my end" and reports are that he is eyeing a job with the 49ers since he has a good relationship with Shanahan, his long time GF works there and there is a good chance of a job opening with Ryans supposedly the top candidate for the Texans job...

https://sports.yahoo.com/vic-fangio-might-not-joining-140039677.html

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.