Dolphins hire Fangio as DC

Big Blitz

36 minutes ago, McBean said:

A bright offensive minded head coach to maximize a once in a generation talent that happens to be on our team…Josh Allen.

Philly fired a Super Bowl winning HC 2 years after and now in the Super Bowl with an offensive minded guy.

Get somebody in here that values our QB, understands the importance of building around our star, and develops here yearly.

Give me a name. 

6 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Give me a name. 

Kellen Moore, Shane Steichen, Brian Callahan, Bill O’Brien, Jim Harbaugh, Ben Johnson.

College wildcards: Lincoln Riley (unlikely but could call), Josh Heupel, Todd Monken.

I truly don’t think fans realize the talent OUR QB has. He’s being asked to drive a Toyota Camry in the Indy 500 due to the main guy over this organization (Sean McDermott’s) inability to coach, lack of value he places on offense, and his horrible in game management.

Cincy- Zac Taylor

KC- Andy Reid

Philly- Sirianni

San Fran- Shannahan 

Rams last year- McVay

Tampa 2020- Arians

Get it yet? Offensive head coaches. We need an innovative OFFENSIVE coach.

Bottom line, it was tragic we let Brian Daboll leave the dang building. Sad!

• Agree 4

48 minutes ago, McBean said:

Kellen Moore, Shane Steichen, Brian Callahan, Bill O’Brien, Jim Harbaugh, Ben Johnson.

College wildcards: Lincoln Riley (unlikely but could call), Josh Heupel, Todd Monken.

I truly don’t think fans realize the talent OUR QB has. He’s being asked to drive a Toyota Camry in the Indy 500 due to the main guy over this organization (Sean McDermott’s) inability to coach, lack of value he places on offense, and his horrible in game management.

Cincy- Zac Taylor

KC- Andy Reid

Philly- Sirianni

San Fran- Shannahan 

Rams last year- McVay

Tampa 2020- Arians

S*** p*** a** out

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, McBean said:

Cincy- Zac Taylor

KC- Andy Reid

Philly- Sirianni

San Fran- Shannahan 

Rams last year- McVay

Tampa 2020- Arians

What a sad list except for maybe Ben Johnson.

Kellen Moore LOL

Jim Harbaugh…what a young and bright offensive mind. 
Todd Monken? What year is it?

So basically, your issue seems to mostly be about Dorsey considering guys like Reid have been criticized for the longest time for their clock management and in game decisions.

It all comes down to talent. You can have the brightest offensive mind around but your talent isn’t all that great then there’s only so much you can do. We have Allen, Diggs and that’s really it for elite players on offense. Kellen Moore isn’t going to fix anything.

9 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

What a sad list except for maybe Ben Johnson.

Kellen Moore LOL

Jim Harbaugh…what a young and bright offensive mind. 
Todd Monken? What year is it?

So basically, your issue seems to mostly be about Dorsey considering guys like Reid have been criticized for the longest time for their clock management and in game decisions.

It all comes down to talent. You can have the brightest offensive mind around but your talent isn’t all that great then there’s only so much you can do. We have Allen, Diggs and that’s really it for elite players on offense. Kellen Moore isn’t going to fix anything.

Agreed our talent sucks on offense.

Can’t argue there.

It stems from our HC who is too stubborn to draft that side of ball.

Yes, I believe McDermott has more power than Beane.

• Agree 1

We are still several games better than everyone in our division. People are jumping the gun to crown the Dolphins when they don't have a QB ,Tua is Push away from retiring due to the numerous concussions. We still had the 2nd Best Defense in the league even with ALL the injuries ..Give Frazier his respect.

2 hours ago, McBean said:

Cincy- Zac Taylor

KC- Andy Reid

Philly- Sirianni

San Fran- Shannahan 

Rams last year- McVay

Tampa 2020- Arians

McVay is a bum.  Flash in the pan.  Goff got better without him.  3 wins with Stafford this year.  

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Fangio has a good defense in Denver in 2020… look up what happened when Buffalo played in Denver.

Don’t get me wrong this is a good hire by Miami.  I just don’t think it’s as bleak as some of you make it out to be

1 hour ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I'm kind of meh about this.  Yes he's a good coach but I think the defense overperformed last year.Does anybody know if they have to switch their defensive front?  Fangio does a 3-4 primarily correct?

We know all too well that when you switch DC’s, the change doesn’t always happen overnight

18 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Dolphins with Brady would win the division. They might even do it with Tua if he stays healthy 

I’m in the camp of hoping

rhe dolphins take brady

jets take Rodgers 

they are on the backside of their careers and just don’t see them much of a difference maker 

• Like (+1) 1

Watch what Miami does at the QB position.  The latest was that they are NOT going to pursue Brady.

But what about Lamar?  Miami may be a real problem for us next year.

Our division is going to get really tough soon; I'm waiting for Rodgers to go to the Jets.

14 hours ago, Cuboirs said:

We are still several games better than everyone in our division. 

I'm not sure how we can think that.

Dolphins beat us once in the regular season, and took us down to the wire in the playoffs with a 3rd string QB.

And now they just improved their defensive coaching considerably.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.