Top 51 Free Agents for 2023

Buffalo03

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-51-free-agents-of-2023-who-are-the-best-players-available

Who would you sign out of these top 51 free agents. I think for OL we could look at Mike McGlinchey. I also wouldn't mind Chauncey Gardner Johnson from the Eagles as safety. He plays the same position in the same type of defense we do so he would be a perfect replacement for poyer. He's also only 25. Who would you all be interested in?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Yeah I could see them pursuing Jessie Bates or Gardner Johnson as a Poyer replacement. Probably a too expensive. I also like Drue Tranquill as an Edmunds replacement. I also think Byron Murphy could be a playmaking safety if he moves off CB (similar to when we signed Micah Hyde.) No reel big fish, except maybe Bates. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Jakobi Myers 

Big fan but he is gonna go after the biggest dollar and as a former UDFA I can't blame him. 

9 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah I could see them pursuing Jessie Bates or Gardner Johnson as a Poyer replacement. Probably a too expensive. I also like Drue Tranquill as an Edmunds replacement. I also think Byron Murphy could be a playmaking safety if he moves off CB (similar to when we signed Micah Hyde.) No reel big fish, except maybe Bates. 

I have had the same thought about Byron Murphy as a Hyde type conversion to a full time safety.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

I hate we missed the Bradberry opportunity last year. I couldn't believe McDermott didn't see the guys worth. I saw it. 

Also would like Jakobi Myers if cheap. Dudes 6'2 and we can put him into the slot position or as a skinny tight end.

It would also be a move that irritates the Patsies, as he's one of their few good WRs.

Cheap he won't be, but he might come at an affordable rate, as he isn't top tier.

Many of the guys on this list will never be free agents because they will either sign new contracts with their current team or be tagged.  Given the Bills' cap situation, the high end guys will be out of reach.  As in previous years, there will be some surprising cap casualties that no one expected to be available.  Any time Beane can improve a roster spot on the cheap, the team gets better.

9 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Am I crazy for thinking swap Payne for Oliver?

It scares me when a player blows up in a contract year…  I said like Darius but he got lazy after he got paid. So I don’t no… and Payne will be looking to cash in on those 11 sacks. 

Edited by 97bills

Meyers or OBJ and any of the OL mentioned. 

If they re-sign Edmunds, I don’t want to see any mid-high tier investment on that side of the ball in FA.  Absurd if they go out pay for a Safety.   Transition Benford and let’s get on with our lives. 

1 minute ago, 97bills said:

It scares me when a player blows up in a contract year… like Darius. 

I can't disagree but we didn't have to worry about that with Oliver, he never blew up.  We were better with Darious than without him.  We still had Kyle.  After the two of them got done we've never had a presence in the middle like we did with them.  Payne has way more size than Oliver and has, at the very least, shown an abliity to get to the QB.  If the dollars were the same in the end I might think Payne has more upside.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.