Outside of Josh Allen, who do YOU believe the Bills have DRAFTED that's all Pro caliber?

Pine Barrens Mafia

20 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Milano?

Tre White?

Who you got? The reasoning for this will be revealed, I think, over the course of this thread.

Edmunds is probably the only other one… the next closest might be Gabe Davis honestly.   Its a huge problem 

19 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Kind of the point of the thread. Beane is radically overrated by many, and used to be by me.

Allen was a great pick by him. But he's pretty much the only one.

His other greatest move is trading for Diggs. Beane sort of started the trend of teams trading high assets for proven WR's. And it's really been a home run for all the teams that have done it recently, Miami with Hill and Philly with AJ Brown. 

So, for Beane one draft pick, one trade and still pending the results on Free Agents I think? Although I would maybe lump Beasley in as success, but short lived. He desperately needs the Von Miller signing to hit.

If we look at the total of a GM's responsibilities, draft, trades and free agents he has say 2.5 hits (Beasley being the half). 

Rousseau was great this season but he had 0 help after von went down.  Cook averaged 5+ ypc which makes singletary expendable. Knox would be good if he didn’t have to block so much to account for a horrible offensive line.  Elam had some great games down the stretch.   I think the bitter end is clouding people’s judgement…not that I blame anyone 😂

I think people are still not really accounting for us being good and our first pick being in the late first every year rather than early/mid first 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

20 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Only Milano. But he wasn’t Beane’s draft pick.

He did say "who do you believe the Bills have drafted"?

Milano

Tre White

Josh Allen

Tremaine Edmunds - if he repeats this year and improves a bit, like Milano, people will start to notice

Wyatt Teller 😈

Dawson Knox - I think on a team that used him properly, he will get there

2020 and on - May be too soon to tell, but I'm leaning towards "no one"

Question:

What is the answer if you ask this question of the Eagles, 49ers, Chiefs, and Bengals?

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Looking back at Whaley's drafts and McD's mentality, how do we know those were not McD's picks? 

Because Sean McDermott didn't have a team of scouts analyzing players for the Buffalo Bills while he was the defensive coordinator of the Bills. he was hired 3 months before the draft. The board was probably 95% done by then.

Also, the draft had Whaley's DNA all over it.

Edited by BullBuchanan

6 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I would say Rodger Saffold. But he wasn’t drafted. 

That's your answer to this question?

"Outside of Josh Allen, who do YOU believe the Bills have DRAFTED that's all Pro caliber?"

You're joking, right? 😂

PLEASE tell me you're joking.

Edited by Billz4ever

50 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Looking back at Whaley's drafts and McD's mentality, how do we know those were not McD's picks? 

McDermott has always liked NFL family stuff (i.e., Edmunds), and Zay Jones has an NFL dad and played in the Panthers' backyard in college. Word at the time was that the Panthers liked him. And we moved just ahead of the Panthers to draft Dion Dawkins, and word was that the Panthers were enthusiastic about him. Beane knew he was leaving for Buffalo, and I've always wondered if he fed McDermott info. Obviously they used Bills scouting info - they had no other choice - but I have always thought that draft was McDermott's. Recall that interview with Whaley about Mahomes and Terry P's enthusiasm. Trading back for a good zone CB instead of grabbing Mahomes strongly suggests McDermott influence to me.

Edited by dave mcbride

31 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

That's your answer to this question?

"Outside of Josh Allen, who do YOU believe the Bills have DRAFTED that's all Pro caliber?"

You're joking, right? 😂

PLEASE tell me you're joking.

Just havin a little fun with the idea of NEWLY ANNOUNCED PRO BOWLER RODGER SAFFOLD!  (See the thread on that … it’s pretty funny)

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.