Outside of Josh Allen, who do YOU believe the Bills have DRAFTED that's all Pro caliber?

Pine Barrens Mafia

13 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Where would this team be if Bean hadn't drafted Allen?  It's cause of that pick we even have the luxury of this conversation.  Cause otherwise it would be the old we are stuck in another 8-8 season!  We need to tank! 

How many seasons does that buy 

6 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

How many seasons does that buy 

You didn't answer the question.  Where would this team be without him?  Hard to tell ha?  His team did better than 28 of the 32 teams.  Time to fire him?  There is a narrative that if you dont win the SB you need to go.  So how does the number of All pros even play into that?  Would you be happy if he drafter more all pros but he didnt make the playoffs? 

4 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Kind of the point of the thread. Beane is radically overrated by many, and used to be by me.

Allen was a great pick by him. But he's pretty much the only one.

Always thought this guy was one of our best scouts: https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/former-bills-chief-scout-norm-pollom-93-dies-in-california/article_9499fbac-8a08-59fc-a463-f8c78fa7ef74.html

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Kind of the point of the thread. Beane is radically overrated by many, and used to be by me.

Allen was a great pick by him. But he's pretty much the only one.

Beane helped transform the Bills from a team that didn't go to the playoffs to one that does.  Overrated?  I don't know.  That's a real accomplishment.

But he has not built a Super Bowl caliber roster thus far.   And with our lack of offseason resources, I doubt his ability to build one in 2023.

Beane's been good.  But we need him to be better.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

But the biggest games is where that top end talent really matters. It is those moments where you need those guys to make plays. I know finding them when you are always at the backend of round 1 is hard. 

Gay, Bolton, Humphrey out of rounds where we have ended up with Basham and Epenesa is where the difference is at the moment. 2018 and 2019 I think we outdrafted KC. In 2020 and 2021 they outdrafted us. 2022 too early to say. 

The Chiefs traded away one of their top end difference makers and still made it back to the Super Bowl. They even did it while playing their last game and a half with Mahomes hobbled. They have multiple 6th and 7th round players playing key roles on their team. To me that is a sign of a major coaching discrepancy between us and them. Across the board I don't believe they are really more talented than us. But they keep getting it done when it counts.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Just Milano and White. Sorry no one else. Edmunds too inconsistent and the jury is still out on Oliver, Groot & Elam.

I think the jury has reached a decision on Oliver.  Guilty of being overdrafted and not worth a big contract 

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

The Chiefs traded away one of their top end difference makers and still made it back to the Super Bowl. They even did it while playing their last game and a half with Mahomes hobbled. They have multiple 6th and 7th round players playing key roles on their team. To me that is a sign of a major coaching discrepancy between us and them. Across the board I don't believe they are really more talented than us. But they keep getting it done when it counts.

I do think they have a coaching advantage. They do. But they also have a top end talent advantage. They traded away Hill, agreed, but they still have Mahomes, Kelce, Jones, Thuney and Humphrey. It is that top end talent that makes the difference in big moments for them. The Bills don't have enough elite guys, I will keep saying it.

That wasn't an excuse for the Bills performance last Sunday though, it wasn't elite talent to make 2 or 3 game changing plays that they were missing as I think it has been in other playoff losses. They missed far more than that vs the Bengals, they were terrible, from top to bottom. Offense, defense, special teams, coaching it was all bad. They played their worst game of the season by far in the divisional playoff round.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, bobobonators said:

I mean drafting Allen, a generational talent, when none of you experts wanted him (Rosen was better right) counts for 5 All pros. 

The grief this regime is receiving is obnoxious. There are a handful of players drafted that are REALLY good, in addition to Allen. 

Whoopsidoo - he hit on Allen 

you make an argument for us “obnoxious” in your own comment!!!!

Clearly, alot of people here who really want to be NFL GM's.  Let's evaluate why you have not been able to obtain this position in your lifetime, and then examine why you believe you are better than the people who actually have.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.