Outside of Josh Allen, who do YOU believe the Bills have DRAFTED that's all Pro caliber?

Pine Barrens Mafia

11 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

List it out. List out these really good players, I'm interested.

Allen

Edmunds

Oliver

Harrison Phillips 

Wyat Teller

Knox

Gabe Davis

Bass

Taron Johnson

off the top of my head. You could maybe add Singletary Hes above average. How many all-pro draft picks do you think a GM lands that turn all-pro? Maybe 1-2 every 5 years. Maybe. 

Your expectations are abnormal. Thats a you problem, not a Beane problem. This team is loaded with Beane draft picks across the starting lineup. A starting lineup that has consistently excelled over the past few seasons. 

• Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Imo it's close. I think we underperform for the talent we draft.

We have a team of solid NFL players and a superstar QB. I agree that we are a little light on top end talent but that should still be enough.

But the biggest games is where that top end talent really matters. It is those moments where you need those guys to make plays. I know finding them when you are always at the backend of round 1 is hard. 

Gay, Bolton, Humphrey out of rounds where we have ended up with Basham and Epenesa is where the difference is at the moment. 2018 and 2019 I think we outdrafted KC. In 2020 and 2021 they outdrafted us. 2022 too early to say. 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Allen

Edmunds

Oliver

Harrison Phillips 

Wyat Teller

Knox

Gabe Davis

Bass

Taron Johnson

off the top of my head. You could maybe add Singletary Hes above average. How many all-pro draft picks do you think a GM lands that turn all-pro? Maybe 1-2 every 5 years. Maybe. 

Your expectations are abnormal. Thats a you problem, not a Beane problem. This team is loaded with Beane draft picks across the starting lineup. A starting lineup that has consistently excelled over the past few seasons. 

Philips and teller aren't here. One is a kicker.

All I see is Milano, with an asterisk next to White's name.

White pre-injury would be on there too.  

White as he is RIGHT NOW is not on the list, not close.

It remains to be seen if he gets back on the list again.

One of the interesting stories of next year will be to follow White and see if he is FINISHED...or if he gets back to where he was.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Just Milano and White. Sorry no one else. Edmunds too inconsistent and the jury is still out on Oliver, Groot & Elam.

Elam doesn't even factor. Too soon, drafted to a system that does not fit his skills. I'm very confident Oliver will never be an all pro.

The Frenchman has a shot if he can improve 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Just Milano and White. Sorry no one else. Edmunds too inconsistent and the jury is still out on Oliver, Groot & Elam.

I've seen all I need to see out of Ed.  He's had 4 seasons in the league now and hasn't shown me that he's any better than what's considered an average DT in the NFL.

When you go back and look at players who were selected after Ed at #9 overall, it makes him look even worse.  Beyond that, when you look at what we're paying him, it looks even worse than that.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

Only Milano. But he wasn’t Beane’s draft pick.

Neither was Tre. 

Poyer and Hyde are in the honorable mention group. Also not drafted or signed by Beane. 

21 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

All I see is Milano, with an asterisk next to White's name.

White pre-injury would be on there too.  

White as he is RIGHT NOW is not on the list, not close.

It remains to be seen if he gets back on the list again.

One of the interesting stories of next year will be to follow White and see if he is FINISHED...or if he gets back to where he was.

A lot of explanation for a couple of guys that Beane didn’t draft or sign is FA. 

• Agree 1

I think it's very telling that other from Allen Bean has failed to draft 1 single game changer other than flashes from Edmunds...Bean has not done well at all in the drafting of players and McDermott has done just as bad at developing players....seems McDermott expect very little from his rookies for a year or two...that thinking is a problem..a 1st round pick should be expected to be a starter yr 1 in today's nfl

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

Milano, TreDavious, Bass and maybe Elam, but there is a chance though that TreDavious will never be the same, only time will tell.

EDIT: Maybe Rousseau too.

Second EDIT: Wyatt Teller too!

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🤣🤣🤣🔥🔥🔥🔥

Wyatt Teller, Isiah Hogkins might have a future shot. Tre White will never be better than Mahomes 🤷🏻‍♂️ & he looked like he shouldn’t have been on the field this season. Oliver has the potential but I wish he had the same energy as Lawson. Milano is & has been the best player on that defense for years. Edmunds instincts are horrible or he could be a monster. I also agree Rousseau under the tutelage of Von Miller has shown me he has a lot of potential. 

1 minute ago, Billever76 said:

I think it's very telling that other from Allen Bean has failed to draft 1 single game changer other than flashes from Edmunds...Bean has not done well at all in the drafting of players and McDermott has done just as bad at developing players....seems McDermott expect very little from his rookies for a year or two...that thinking is a problem..a 1st round pick should be expected to be a starter yr 1 in today's nfl

Seems they don’t even trust in themselves because they’ve let 2 of their best prospects leave without even getting a shot. Been saying they all gotta go. Thanks for JA & the recognition 

• Like (+1) 1

Posts on this forum should all be tagged with one of:

1. talking about what it takes to be the champion
  2. what it takes to make the playoffs
  3. what it takes to be better than the buddy nix/doug whaley teams. 

These are three very different standards, and people seem to respond from their own perspective rather than try to under the perspective of the person they are responding too. 

54 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Lightning strike draft hits by Bengals sure making things tougher around the AFC.

They did a kind of a never seen in the rear view mirror and now eat my dust thing.

They took advantage of what they were given with no fear. That’s the SB model. QB on a rookie contract it’s been proven over & over. Once the QB is off rookie contract only the elite stay. Our coaching has proven over and over they aren’t elite. Simple mistakes out of fear, complacency, and or just can’t cut it. they haven’t learned from their mistakes they don’t jam anyone at the line. Place soft coverage with the lead or in crucial moments thinking their red zone defense will be better. Stupid timeouts, constant letting off the gas, continuous deep routes on downs you should be trying to manage the yardage, sloppy play, sloppy fundamentals & tackling. It all starts with coaching. He has a lot of good qualities but at his heart he is a soft man. He has no hunger, no killer instinct inside of him. And his team is a reflection of such and has been his entire tenure. Can never finish always let’s the opponent hang around. He let another team do snow angels on our field during the playoffs. Lol he needs to take his ass to church let someone else get in the film room. 

Edited by Rebel101

4 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

They took advantage of what they were given with no fear. That’s the SB model. QB on a rookie contract it’s been proven over & over. Once the QB is off rookie contract only the elite stay. Our coaching has proven over and over they aren’t elite. Simple mistakes out of fear, complacency, and or just can’t cut it. I been they haven’t learned from their mistakes they don’t jam anyone at the line. Place soft coverage with the lead or in crucial moments thinking their red zone defense will be better. Stupid timeouts, constant letting off the gas, continuous deep routes on downs you should be trying to manage the yardage, sloppy play, sloppy fundamentals & tackling. It all starts with coaching. He has a lot of good qualities but at his heart he is a soft man. He has no hunger no killer instinct inside of him. And his team is a reflection of such and has been his entire tenure. Can never finish allows let the opponent hang around. He let another team do snow angles on our field during the playoffs. Lol he needs to take his ass to church let someone else get in the film room. 

So that’s another no vote for McD.

Gotcha!👉

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.