What Are Your Expectations For The 2023 Season?

H2o

I am not expecting much from the Buffalo Bills in 2023 in the hunt maybe sneak into a wildcard playoff berth if things go well. I think the Bills will lose heavily in free agency and the London trip is another problem wearing down the Bills players the extra travel. If things do well 10-7 if things go bad 9-8 or 8-9 for the Bills 2023 record so far. Things could change depending on how badly the Bills are hit with the free agent losses. The Bills are in trouble in a improving AFC East division. I see the Bills third behind New England and Miami right now. Coaching is also a big part of that. I have zero belief in Sean McDermott after the two years of a Super Bowl team he wasted. The Bills need to try and get back to these last two years talent wise by 2026 when the new Bills stadium opens in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2

I really hope I'm wrong...

But I don't see Beane making dramatic improvements.  Other than Josh, Beane mostly finds role players in the draft, not diference-makers.   He's done better with free agency but doesn't have the resources to do much this year.  

Sadly, at this point in the offseason, I think the Bills make the playoffs in 2023 but fail yet again to make it to the Super Bowl.  

• Like (+1) 1

If I was Allen I would get into a weight room all off-season and come into training camp in the best shape of my life.

That vacation photo and he’s got a pooch gut? Not acceptable. 

Get into the weight room, and come back with 10+ pounds of muscle. 

On Kyle Brandts podcast he talks about always joking with Jordan Palmer when Burrow is “all ball”.

Not saying he’s not serious, but one thing he can control is his fitness and I think by the photos he could be an even more dynamic athlete. 

• Like (+1) 1

Meh, it’s hard to have any expectations for next year. Like I don’t expect us to win the division or be SB favorites. 

I hope to see better offensive decision making from both the OC and QB that makes moving the football look a lot less difficult. That includes play call, reading defenses, and being more decisive with the football. Especially since I expect there to be some rookies learning live next season. I also hope to see better protection for the QB. 

I am afraid the wheels fall off this thing and this staff and FO lose the roster and that forces the Pegulas to reset, which is terrifying. I think the staff knows this is a possibility and they may risk long term resources in order to save a single season/their jobs. Also a scary prospect. 

• Like (+1) 1

Zero expectations. Worse of all, if they dominant out of the gate and beat the Chiefs and/or Bengals in the first six weeks of the season it will mean NOTHING! Just like it meant nothing in 2021 and 2022.

The entire Bills 2023 season is irrelevant until January. Finish as the 1 seed or the 7 seed, won’t make a difference to me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

Meh, it’s hard to have any expectations for next year. Like I don’t expect us to win the division or be SB favorites. 

I hope to see better offensive decision making from both the OC and QB that makes moving the football look a lot less difficult. That includes play call, reading defenses, and being more decisive with the football. Especially since I expect there to be some rookies learning live next season. I also hope to see better protection for the QB. 

I am afraid the wheels fall off this thing and this staff and FO lose the roster and that forces the Pegulas to reset, which is terrifying. I think the staff knows this is a possibility and they may risk long term resources in order to save a single season/their jobs. Also a scary prospect. 

What's terrifying is this current coaching staff wasting the first decade of Josh's career. Settling for nice regular seasons only to quickly get bounced in the playoffs. At one point I thought we'd win 2 SB's with Josh. Now I think we'll be lucky to win 1.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Talley56 said:

Maybe not exactly what is being asked for with this thread but, with the Niners loss, we will officially be playing on the road against whoever the SB champions end up being.  Any possibility we get the opener for a 2nd straight year?

Zero percent I am thinking. They could have put Dallas as the opener this season against the Rams and did not because I think they didn’t want to schedule the same team in back to back years.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

What's terrifying is this current coaching staff wasting the first decade of Josh's career. Settling for nice regular seasons only to quickly get bounced in the playoffs. At one point I thought we'd win 2 SB's with Josh. Now I think we'll be lucky to win 1.

I don’t totally disagree with you. But none of that is really close to an answer for the question of “what’s your expectation for next season”.

13 hours ago, Rico said:

Super Bowl Champs! :worthy:

Not a one of the 4 teams left are GREAT, they are very good though. IF the Bills make some necessary changes & tweaks (OL, WR, physicality, tackling, ATTITUDE), I see no reason why they finally can’t make it happen.

The Bills are not equal or better than the Eagles team at any position, including players, coaches and team ownership.  Sorry but that game today was proof.  They destroyed the 49er's....It  would have not mattered who was QB1 for the 49er's.  Also Josh Allen can not be the entire team known as the Buffalo Bills.  That model has show to be a losing philosophy.  Since 2017 and counting the Bills are 4 and 5 in their post season games, that is all that matters, they are not championship caliber and never will be, with out a major coaching overhaul and personal change on the O line and D Line.

Edited by Toyo321

16 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

The Bills are not equal or better than the Eagles team at any position, including players, coaches and team ownership.  Sorry but that game today was proof.  They destroyed the 49er's....It  would have not mattered who was QB1 for the 49er's.  Also Josh Allen can not be the entire team known as the Buffalo Bills.  That model has show to be a losing philosophy.  Since 2017 and counting the Bills are 4 and 5 in their post season games, that is all that matters, they are not championship caliber and never will be, with out a major coaching overhaul and personal change on the O line and D Line.

Most important position goes to us and it’s not even that close imo…eagles are without a doubt the more complete team though so I agree with the general point of your post still 😁

it is straight up mindboggling what josh was able to do with virtually no offensive line this season.  Saffold was absolutely dreadful

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

It’s going to look different roster wise but we’ll be right there with KC and Cincinnati because of Josh Allen.

I really feel like we’re the Colts of the previous era. Chiefs are the Patriots, Bengals are the Steelers. We’re the soft team, but we will eventually get where we want to be. 

The Bills have to better protect Allen and they have to add another top level defensive lineman/Pass rusher. Yes adding Von Miller and a healthy Jordan Phillips would be very helpful but we need to either upgrade Oliver or make another splash DL addition, most likely through trade.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.