It’s obvious what ails the Bills, they’re softer than custard.

Tipster19

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

They're not soft. They are tactically naive due to managerial arrogance/lack of ability which manifests as unpreparedness in high leverage situations.

No our guys are soft they get pampered by the Mafia too much.  I bet they  would play better in the snow if they shovelled out their own driveways.   You only learn to deal with the elements when you actually deal with them yourself.  

• Haha (+1) 1

I think McDermott is ultra competitive and smart. That could work. But he’d have to allow nasty to be done underneath him. Staff in between him and the captains, then leaders in the rooms need nasty. 

The GM is a prep. Whatever. Maybe physically stay away from what the men are doing on the field and in the rooms. Go be smart and sign and trade in your office. I doubt that when he’s walking the sidelines the players look over and say “I want to go crush my opponent for that guy..” No, they’re thinking, Pay me please for me being a nice guy and a decent player.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

It stings but it’s true. Good guys, good, go home and play with the kids! Beane, quit playing Santa Claus and handing out Pegula’s money. McDermott, stand up and take accountability, admit that it all begins with you. Force Josh to take care of the ball better! He put it on the carpet 16 times! Thank God we only lost it 6 times out of it. Furthermore make him take the underneath throws more instead of launching it 40+ yards when it’s 3rd and 7! Hey Josh, quit with the advertisements and get your head back into playing QB and pay attention to the above suggestions.

The only physical player outside of Josh, who I might add is an offensive player, is Milano. I loved it when he hammered Miami’s QB Thompson as he was just about about out of bounds, especially that he did it right in front of their bench and didn’t give 2 hoots about it. He sent a message to them alright but better yet he showed the 2 idiots that were chasing out of bounds. 

Beane, get some players in here that are physical, quit making Feliciano look like a genius. When it comes to football this is the kind of mentality that the Bills sorely need. Coffee is for closers!

I think the Pegula’s have lit Sean up.  To a point wherein his process and strategy is making him a trading target for them to go down the rabbit hole of Vicodin and Molly addiction Sean Payton.  I’d much rather have Sean even for his softness then not knowing I’d our Coach is going to end up in a morgue tomorrow. 

10 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

It stings but it’s true. Good guys, good, go home and play with the kids! Beane, quit playing Santa Claus and handing out Pegula’s money. McDermott, stand up and take accountability, admit that it all begins with you. Force Josh to take care of the ball better! He put it on the carpet 16 times! Thank God we only lost it 6 times out of it. Furthermore make him take the underneath throws more instead of launching it 40+ yards when it’s 3rd and 7! Hey Josh, quit with the advertisements and get your head back into playing QB and pay attention to the above suggestions.

The only physical player outside of Josh, who I might add is an offensive player, is Milano. I loved it when he hammered Miami’s QB Thompson as he was just about about out of bounds, especially that he did it right in front of their bench and didn’t give 2 hoots about it. He sent a message to them alright but better yet he showed the 2 idiots that were chasing out of bounds. 

Beane, get some players in here that are physical, quit making Feliciano look like a genius. When it comes to football this is the kind of mentality that the Bills sorely need. Coffee is for closers!

I don't think this would fly with HR these days 😅 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Success said:

We DO have guys who are more physical.  I'd probably add Phillips, Dane Jackson, Edmunds & Knox.

It's a "team thing", though - overall, we don't play a physical, hard-hitting style of football.  You could see it against Cincinnati, who does play that way.  I don't know what makes for the distinction, but I'm sure coaching plays a part of that.  I don't think Cincy has more physical players - but they play a more physical style.

I suppose a bruiser sort of RB would help, at least on O.

I think part of the difference is Cinci is built to win their division against Steelers, Ravens and Browns, all of which play a very physical style. The AFC east… not so physical.

Bean has built our team to beat KC who aren’t physical either. He has drafted several undersized quick players on defense who can get pushed around - Oliver, Harrison Phillips, Milano, Bernard, etc. He finally fixed some of that this year by bringing Shaq and Jordan Phillips back. Edmunds should be the tone setter. I saw some of that from him this year but he needs to be better at it. Poyer is also a big hitter but was obviously playing injured this year.

They need to get more tough on the Oline that’s always held the offense back. Defensively the DT group in 2020 to 2021 was a big issue constantly getting run on. In 2022 they brought in D. jones, Settle and J Phillips to overhaul the position group and in the regular season it worked to make the team better against the run.

In the playoffs D Jones not being there and a flat performance from the Dline just led to those issues being there again.

I hope they replace Settle with another big run stuffer and beef up the Oline with two new starters and better depth. 

26 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Yes, of course.  You seem to be under the impression that "tough" means silent and stoic.  That's not the case, and you should rid yourself of these sorts of stereotypes about what masculinity looks like.

I think you misread or misunderstood my post, I was defending the teams toughness. I don’t think this team is mentally or physically soft. 

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy

6 hours ago, peterpan said:

People are talking about toughness and all that.  I think toughness is the wrong word- it’s intensity that we lack.  

watch Christian mccaffrey run.  The guy runs with a such intensity and fury .  It’s easily noticeable that something if different with him.  You’ll never see motor or moss or cook run like that.

but you can block like that too(incognito did) Tackle like that too(the best LBs do).  Rush the passer like that too(Bosa, JJWatt, Donald…).

Milano blitzes like that most times, but no one else on our team plays at that level.   They don’t have to be as talented but they can play with that intensity.  I do blame that on coaching.

I think this is probably correct.  Every player in the NFL, even the punters...mostly, are tough guys.  They wouldn't be in the NFL if they weren't tough.  Intensity is probably right.  You have to find those guys that have a bit of a screw loose, the ones who are breaking a bottle in a bar fight and just throwing caution to the wind.  

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I have suspected all season, that the Bills have a team wide Strength, and Conditioning issue. Diggs, and Josh, are an exception, but it was painfully apparent to me, the way this team was pushed around by Cincy, that my suspicions might be correct.

I think the Bills ownership let McDermott know that he’s not as safe as he’d appeared to be.  His sentiments and pressers are now held with much more apprehension and a hint of fear.  Eyes darting off to the side a little bit of trembling and hesitation at questions.  Unlike thirteen seconds I think he knows they’ve let him know after the Super Bowl they could be headed in different directions and have to make a decision on a Coaching staff being more offensively focused.  

4 hours ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

I think the Pegula’s have lit Sean up.  To a point wherein his process and strategy is making him a trading target for them to go down the rabbit hole of Vicodin and Molly addiction Sean Payton.  I’d much rather have Sean even for his softness then not knowing I’d our Coach is going to end up in a morgue tomorrow. 

[Billy Madison everyone in this room is dumber gif]

15 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Ugh... it's not an issue when the Bills beat up on teams, but suddenly is when they lose.

Truth is that the posters who say "the Bills are soft" are simply soft themselves. You're projecting your self-reflected inadequacy onto the team. Glad you could give yourself this little pep talk.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.