It’s obvious what ails the Bills, they’re softer than custard.

Tipster19

It stings but it’s true. Good guys, good, go home and play with the kids! Beane, quit playing Santa Claus and handing out Pegula’s money. McDermott, stand up and take accountability, admit that it all begins with you. Force Josh to take care of the ball better! He put it on the carpet 16 times! Thank God we only lost it 6 times out of it. Furthermore make him take the underneath throws more instead of launching it 40+ yards when it’s 3rd and 7! Hey Josh, quit with the advertisements and get your head back into playing QB and pay attention to the above suggestions.

The only physical player outside of Josh, who I might add is an offensive player, is Milano. I loved it when he hammered Miami’s QB Thompson as he was just about about out of bounds, especially that he did it right in front of their bench and didn’t give 2 hoots about it. He sent a message to them alright but better yet he showed the 2 idiots that were chasing out of bounds. 

Beane, get some players in here that are physical, quit making Feliciano look like a genius. When it comes to football this is the kind of mentality that the Bills sorely need. Coffee is for closers!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 3
  • Agree 9
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

I guess we were just lucky winning 14 games.

We feasted on the poor. The Bills won most of their games by the skinniest of margins against teams we should have smoked. Come post season the Bills get eliminated by the better teams, it’s starting to becoming a trend. This last one was just an old fashion whupping.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4

I agree they feasted on weaker opponents and only by thin margins on many. Josh, Diggs and Milano are surrounded by pretty average players. That's true of many teams though. We need to be stronger up front both offensively and defensively. Agree need more "take what their giving you" offensively.

3 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

A finesse team with no speed! lol. 

we added speed with cooks drafting and the trade for Hines yet barely utilized as offensive weapons.   The play caller is a moron who made the offense have one play basically everyone goo long and see if Josh can hit ya for the big play

• Agree 1

They're the Dungy-era Colts.  They win a bunch of games in the regular season against teams that can't hang talent-wise, and they struggle with playoff teams.  

Of course, those Colts teams did win a super bowl and certainly had their moments, but I don't think anybody would seriously object to the observation that they were under-achievers.

• Agree 1

I have a personal moratorium on critizing Allen.  Sure, he fumbles, he throws unnecessary INTs, but he also shoulders the load for this entire team, coaching, the entire offense, leadership.  For every bad play there are 4 or 5 spectacular ones.  If he's not on the team we win may one division game and 4-6 games total, making that "last 20 years" look like a championship run.  That's how poorly Beane has done.  

As to "good guys," you hit on something.  McD is a players coach, just like Levy was.  If we had Parcells, Johnson, or Gibbs back then, with our collection of talent, which Polian said was special, we'd have won one or more SBs.  

As long as we have a players coach, and not a tactician and a coach that knows how to do his part to win on Sundays besides simply standing there clapping and handing out "attaboys," we're in the same boat.  ... except that this team can't even find its way to a Super Bowl.  

Here's my thing, the owners, coaches, and players all treat it like a business.  At the end of the day they even tell us, it's business first.  So why is it that for fans we're supposed to "have understanding" as if we've all been given free tix and merchandise and should merely be grateful for being able to attend or watch.  

Beane's and McD's complete lack of action following this season, and I would even have argued after last season, is a slap in the face to the business side of the fan experience.  Many HCs would have fired their DC who seems to go on a mental vacation as soon as the regular season ends, and stated as much (i.e. 'we need someone that can get us to that next level' or whatever drivel they want), but here in Buffalo they fire the position guy that had his two starters out, one all season, the other for much of it and injured the rest of the time and playing more inspired football than most of the other players on the team.  Yeah, that makes sense and isn't an insult to fans.  It'll sure send a message to the rest of the coaching staff to get us to that next level.  SMH  

"Good guys" is right.  Since we want to run a boys club fraternity instead of a football team, OK, but we're never going to be competitive, particularly now going forward with the huge contracts, the swing-and-a-miss of Miller's I won't even go into now. 

I also won't mention Beane who should be on his knees every night before a statue of Allen on his mantlepiece thanking God that at least Allen worked out.  LMAO, can you imagine our offense without Allen?  I have an impossible time not thinking it wouldn't rank DFL. 

So good guys, ... yup!   So I guess it's a business, .... until it's no longer a business.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 3

Bringing back Shaq and Jordan Phillips was a solid move that brought some 'edge' to the defense, but they are role players, and more of a 'feel good story'. 

I want to see our oline stepping on necks, And our safeties back to laying the wood next year

Edited by Captain_Quint

18 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Bringing back Shaq and Jordan Phillips was a solid move that brought some 'edge' to the defense, but they are role players, and more of a 'feel good story'. 

I want to see our oline stepping on necks, And our safeties back to laying the wood next year

At some point you have to draft well.  

Otherwise, we need a C, OT, G (at least), a RB that's capable of handling a full time load, a WR that doesn't rank among the top-100 in dropped passes to compliment Diggs.  (Davis ranks 7th among WRs, McKenzie 8th in Drop %)   FWIW, Singletary ranks 5th in the league and 3rd among RBs in Drop %.  Those WRs ranking worse than Davis/McK are Romeo Doubs, Jauan Jennings, Zay Jones, Rondale Moore, and Darius Slayton.  Not exacly an all-star list.  Those two rank in the top-20 for Drop % and with Knox we have three in the top-40.  To Knox's and Singletary's credit, along with Diggs and Beasley, their Catch% is high, good!  Cook was supposed to excel as a receiving RB but he's average there.  

Edited by PBF81

Someone who agrees McDermott is soft I’ve said this for 3 years now. Buffalo will never win with McDermott as a coach he has no killer instinct. He’s to nice of a fellow. And it’s rubbing off on the team 

5 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

They are a finesse team…

They are a reflection of McDermott. Soft as baby *****. 

Edited by Rebel101
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Let me guess, real men don’t feel emotion. 

This team went 13-3 despite EVERYTHING that they had to endure. They’re anything but soft.

This is a very fair point.  Also I find it weird that people think Lawson brings the nasty, but Hyde, Poyer and Miller make the soft list. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.