Buffalo Bills 2023 “The Fix”

r henderson

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

my mom loved that movie when I was a kid.  I think she just loved Redford and Newman.

Robert Shaw was a great actor.  He died far too young.  Between Black Sunday, The Deep, and Force 10 from Navarone, they were some of my favs as a kid.  Thanks for the reference Ridge.

You left out Jaws, To Russia With Love, and A Man for All Seasons. He was indeed an underrated and very good actor.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I highly doubt they would ever move Dawkins to guard.  He’s still good at LT and is part of the core right now. 

They should move Bates to LG, as that was the position he played really well in before we got Saffold.  

Then I wouldn’t mind at all going RG & RT on Day 2.  If they want to go C round 4, fine by me.  This OL needs serious investment this off-season.  I don’t rule out Brown making a jump, but he needs competition. 

WR is where I’d go RD1 unless a slam dunk OL is there.   That all being said… we know Beane doesn’t like going into the draft with glaring holes.  We did last year at CB, but I have a suspicion that Beane signs a legit WR2 to make sure if we strike out in the Draft, Josh isn’t hung out to dry. 

I agree, but this year’s WR FA class is really not good at all. The draft is not particularly strong at WR either. It’s a really bad to be needing one and Beane will have to overpay or overdraft. 

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

my mom loved that movie when I was a kid.  I think she just loved Redford and Newman.

Robert Shaw was a great actor.  He died far too young.  Between Black Sunday, The Deep, and Force 10 from Navarone, they were some of my favs as a kid.  Thanks for the reference Ridge.

"The Sting" is awesome. It still holds up.  

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

This team is Soft and it starts with the QB. They will never win it all with this guy. Be prepared for 1 & done every year.

Tbh, Allen is far from soft.  Now the coaching is quite abundantly soft and turtles up when it's time to play big boy playoff football where you have to take what's yours!!

17 hours ago, r henderson said:

Now that the season is officially over, I’m putting together my solutions for fixing our team in the off season. Beane has structure all the top contracts to create salary cap if needed. This will allow us to add a couple of players and retain one. Sign OBJ to a one year prove it deal. Sign free agent guard Dalton Risner. Sign rb Kareem Hunt to be our in between the tackles back. Resign Tremaine Edmunds to a deal that would make both sides happy. Here’s my curve ball. Move Dion Dawkins to guard. Coming out of college he was ranked as the 2nd best guard in the draft. Move Christian Benford to safety to replace Poyer. Now for the draft.

Paris Johnson LT Ohio St

Jarrett Patterson C Notre Dame

Demarco Hellmans SS Alabama

Matthew Bergeron RT Syracuse

Arquon Bush CB Cincinnati

Trevor Downing G/C Iowa

As you can see these are not complete overhaul changes. I feel like we are still a top 5 team. With Von Miller returning and Tre having time to return to Pro Bowl form. Also another year under Dorsey (There not giving up just yet). I Billieve!!!

4 drafted lineman plus a free agent is a lot of bodies to squeeze into the 53 

probably overshooting a bit  

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

My mom loved it too. Wonder why lol

I dont see them drafting FOUR OLinemen with other positions needing help. Especially after you sign Risner.

OBJ will be even healthier and there will be competition to sign him so I think he will be too expensive for Buffalo. I would add a big,physical,fast WR,maybe a younger guy with upside. 

Hunt replacing Singletary might make FOOTBALL sense but I think it would be more prudent to DRAFT a back.

Bills could need several safeties.

And if Edmunds leaves?

It's too complex to devise ONE repair plan with so unknowns re: Bills' free agents,health and age.

Here are areas that I believe need improvement whether via the draft,   trades,free agency, coaching or player development. More or less in order.

*INTERIOR OLINE (or Left Tackle if Dawkins moves inside. I Would try to add 2 ,quality OLinemen)

*WR big,fast,physical

*S at least 2

*RB if Singetary leaves,add a big back.

*LB if Edmunds leaves

* OLB/Edge dept

*TE depth 

Edited by Herb Nightly
Add my suggestions

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

You left out Jaws, To Russia With Love, and A Man for All Seasons. He was indeed an underrated and very good actor.

Like so many, he was an Irish alcoholic.  That’s is not disparaging him.  I just wish he would’ve seemed out help.

29 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

My mom loved it too. Wonder why lol

Pine, my man, you know who our moms had crushes on.  Between Redford, Newman, and the other is McQueen that warmed a lot of hearts for the generation above us.

that’s fine.  My dad is too much of a class act, but I’m sure he like Raquel, and all the others of that generation.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, MJS said:

Move Bates back to LG. That seems to be his best position. Dawkins could stay at LT. Then you do whatever you can to significantly upgrade RG and RT. Spencer Brown can be the swing tackle and hopefully develop more.

Gabe Davis needs to go back to being the 3rd/4th WR. Draft a WR really high, or bring in a free agent to fill that #2 role. Heck, even trade for one if you need to.

I like the idea of Bates back at LG. I would try to upgrade at RG because I hope Brown develops. Boettger and Doyle should be back?

4 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Pine, my man, you know who our moms had crushes on.  Between Redford, Newman, and the other is McQueen that warmed a lot of hearts for the generation above us.

that’s fine.  My dad is too much of a class act, but I’m sure he like Raquel, and all the others of that generation.

You know it. Just weird to think about parents that way haha 

17 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Id be more inclined to go WR in round 1 and guard in round 2…if you wanted to think outside the box if an elite TE who would be like an extra tackle was there I would think about it. 2TE sets could really help some of the oline issues the Bills have with an extra blocker in to protect. 

Perhaps,but if you add a right tackle he would be out there EVERY play. A second TE would not see as many reps. For me,the priority is OLine,before TE,not that I wouldn't add a TE later in the draft.

1 hour ago, Herb Nightly said:

I like the idea of Bates back at LG. I would try to upgrade at RG because I hope Brown develops. Boettger and Doyle should be back?

I think you can hope Spencer Brown develops, but that shouldn't be the plan. They need to bring in a starter at RT. If Brown wins the job, fine. So far, he has been one of the worst starters on the team.

Edited by MJS

19 hours ago, r henderson said:

Now that the season is officially over, I’m putting together my solutions for fixing our team in the off season. Beane has structure all the top contracts to create salary cap if needed. This will allow us to add a couple of players and retain one. Sign OBJ to a one year prove it deal. Sign free agent guard Dalton Risner. Sign rb Kareem Hunt to be our in between the tackles back. Resign Tremaine Edmunds to a deal that would make both sides happy. Here’s my curve ball. Move Dion Dawkins to guard. Coming out of college he was ranked as the 2nd best guard in the draft. Move Christian Benford to safety to replace Poyer. Now for the draft.

Paris Johnson LT Ohio St

Jarrett Patterson C Notre Dame

Demarco Hellmans SS Alabama

Matthew Bergeron RT Syracuse

Arquon Bush CB Cincinnati

Trevor Downing G/C Iowa

As you can see these are not complete overhaul changes. I feel like we are still a top 5 team. With Von Miller returning and Tre having time to return to Pro Bowl form. Also another year under Dorsey (There not giving up just yet). I Billieve!!!

Would much rather draft a top prospect WR in the first round who we would have under a rookie contract for a few years rather than paying millions on a 1-year contract in the hopes OBJ can return to form.  

We gave Saffold $6M to come here hoping he'd be at least somewhere close his former Pro Bowl self and that was a huge mistake.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Dawkins was fine down the stretch and the Bengals game was an outlier for him.  As it seemed to be for basically most of the Bills roster.  I have full confidence next year if they go with Dawkins (LT), Bates (LG-move him there), and Morse (C).  The Bills need to address the right side aggressively though and hopefully Pegula makes it clear McBeane's job(s) depends on it.

This.  

And get another WR

It’s really starting to tick me off that Bates may not have been moved back to LG because Saffold couldn’t play RG

That guy can’t get lost quick enough 

Beane’s work on the Oline has been Morse - and then nothing else.   

Which we need a great plan B for and for Spencer Brown to.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

It's actually funny how the one coach that everyone pretty unanimously wants gone is one of the higher up coaches that isn't getting an interview.

They’re all played out. And Dorsey is to erratic and new to his job. So he can learn elsewhere. 

3 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

Would much rather draft a top prospect WR in the first round who we would have under a rookie contract for a few years rather than paying millions on a 1-year contract in the hopes OBJ can return to form.  

We gave Saffold $6M to come here hoping he'd be at least somewhere close his former Pro Bowl self and that was a huge mistake.

Or go OL or defense. I say trade Tre white 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.