Darnell Washington

whorlnut

On 1/28/2023 at 8:57 AM, Pete said:

I think the Bills draft a TE in first 3 rounds almost certain.  It’s not a great year for WR or OL, but it’s loaded at TE.  The Bills would be smart to get Josh a stud TE.  A stud TE and stud RB would help out our offense tremendously imo.  And devote the rest of resources to offense and NT types

We need OL upgrades everywhere.  I don't care if it's in the draft, free agency or someone at Walmart.  If Andy can completely overhaul his OL in 1 year, so can we. 

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

You follow the draft much closer that I have or ever will.  That said, if Washington is a unicorn, what the heck is Bowers NFL potential going to be?

Washington is a unicorn mainly due to size. He's just a massive human who happens to play a position where they throw him the ball every now and again. And for his size he's really impressive athletically... Seeing him running in a secondary, I've caught myself laughing...I do have to say a lot of my final opinion on Washington will come after testing. He's clearly an amazing athlete for a guy 6-7-265...But is he an NFL amazing athlete? I'm not sure...How fast is he? What does he jump?...etc...Regardless, Washington can be an interesting weapon, who could easily develop into a dominate blocking TE as well...He's going to be a match-up problem in the Red Zone...I think his skill set would force Coaches to figure out how to get him on the field.

Right now, and I say right now because Bowers has to play another year and you never know, Bowers is the better prospect for sure. He's certainly faster...He's prototype NFL 2023...It's hard to compare the two, and they played on the same team...But really different TE's...B-)

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/28/2023 at 10:53 AM, whorlnut said:

Watch this video and imagine 2 TE sets with Knox. This dude can block like crazy and is an enormous target. Kills 2 birds with one stone. Another target for Allenand help on the line. Would allow knox toeat more in the passing game. Late first target?

Wouldn't hurt my feelings & i bet Knox wouldn't mind either add him to the roster with Q and as long as they use them it would be a great room .

But why do they always use music that has the N word & cussing in the highlight reals i hate that !!! 

I'd be fine if he is the BPA in the 1st.  Then get C/G Patterson in the second.  You've instantly upgraded receiving and blocking.  I'd rather grab a WR in FA given that the class here is not deep, but lots in FA.  

On 1/28/2023 at 7:05 PM, billsfan89 said:

TE is not an issue, Knox is currently a top 10 TE in my opinion and Morris is a decent backup I doubt they spend anything more than a late round pick at the position 

you're correct that TE is not an issue, but the issue is creating the best chance for the offense to succeed. If we get another TE who can block and catch, we add a receiving/scoring threat and a lineman.  Would I rather go OT or WR in the 1st, absolutely, but the top OT and WRs may be gone by then.   I don't want Bean reaching like he did with DEs.  

On 1/28/2023 at 12:12 PM, Pete said:

What QB couldn’t use Kelce?  
TEs tortured our D.

How are you going to watch a 5 min highlight video and say this kid even has a chance at being one of the greatest tight ends to ever play the game. Kelce is practically a WR, we need plenty of those. This kid would be lucky to turn into charles clay 

On 1/28/2023 at 11:53 AM, whorlnut said:

Watch this video and imagine 2 TE sets with Knox. This dude can block like crazy and is an enormous target. Kills 2 birds with one stone. Another target for Allenand help on the line. Would allow knox toeat more in the passing game. Late first target?

Looks like a great pickup, but would Beane/Sean risk a 1st rounder on a TE as opposed to addressing a conventional O- line guard/center need or another safety/corner need. TEs rarely go 1st rd. unless their guaranteed game changers.

I like the Tight End idea. Either the top WR or TE on the board at #27 is where I am leaning. This team needs another elite pass catcher. 

Mike Mayer is an intriguing player, his projections are as high as Top 10, as low as mid-20's.   

But the offensive line was atrocious all year, and game after game Spencer Brown was noticeable as a liability.

OT is a definite possibility. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.