Darnell Washington

whorlnut

2 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

He is good, but I would not put him on Barry Sanders’ level.

The Bills currently don’t have the OL to take advantage of Robinson’s talent.

Exactly,  we have to rebuild the OL before we worry about RB's.  OL, WR's and maybe 1 TE should be the early round priorities. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

He would help the oline year one.

Maybe, but if that’s what they’re looking for they’d be better served with a Lee Smith/Marcedes Lewis type who specializes at blocking and is nfl proven. 🤷‍♂️. These guys cost less than $3MM a year, and you can trust them to be more effective against a Von Miller or Myles Garrett than a rookie. It’s all about cost benefit and time. Want to win this year, add a vet. Lord knows McD isn’t gonna play a rookie anyways. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Junction said:

Maybe, but if that’s what they’re looking for they’d be better served with a Lee Smith/Marcedes Lewis type who specializes at blocking and is nfl proven. 🤷‍♂️. These guys cost less than $3MM a year, and you can trust them to be more effective against a Von Miller or Myles Garrett than a rookie. It’s all about cost benefit and time. Want to win this year, add a vet. Lord knows McD isn’t gonna play a rookie anyways. 

You're probably right. I live near Athens. I not totally objective . . . 

4 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

The last two have - Kyle Pitts and TJ Hokenson. The 3rd is playing in the AFC championship as Cincinnati's TE #1. Noah Fant is the 4th and while not a star to date has been a reliable option. From 2017 OJ Howard was a bust, Evan Engram just finished a career year and will be a major FA target most likely, and David Njoku finished 9th in yards for TEs despite being hampered by injury.

You have pretty high odds of getting a quality TE in round 1

Pettigrew and Keller suffered serious injuries that ended their careers early.

Olson was a star before them. vernon Davis and Marcedes Lewis (still in the league) before him. Heath Miller was a stud.

Kellen Winslow flamed out in 04 not for a lack of ability and Dallas Clark was a HOF Caliber TE in 03.

So in the last 20 years - you had 2 busts, 2 couple players whose career was cut short by injury, a couple solid players and a handful of superstars.

There might not be a safer position to draft in the first round based on that.

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/te

Tony Hunter says hi.

That said I like getting a TE but feel.beyter in the Round 4-5 range.

Payne Durham to me is a kid that give us what we like behind Knox. 

While I'd not be looking at a RB with my first pick, I think it would be hard to pass on Robinson who is pretty much a guaranteed franchise player. You have to take him. He could still be on the board in the mid to late first round. He is possibly the # 1 player in this years draft overall. If he's gone before 27 you might then have to consider J. Gibbs who very well could still be available. 

8 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Watch this video and imagine 2 TE sets with Knox. This dude can block like crazy and is an enormous target. Kills 2 birds with one stone. Another target for Allenand help on the line. Would allow knox toeat more in the passing game. Late first target?

We should definitely have this talk...

As much as I want a WR, I have to admit to watching a couple GA games and dreaming about him in Buffalo...No more need for Bobby Hart at TE that's for sure...B-)

8 hours ago, Pete said:

I think the Bills draft a TE in first 3 rounds almost certain.  It’s not a great year for WR or OL, but it’s loaded at TE.  The Bills would be smart to get Josh a stud TE.  A stud TE and stud RB would help out our offense tremendously imo.  And devote the rest of resources to offense and NT types

I think this RB class is really good value-wise...And I'm fine the the WR group in the first few rounds...It just depends how quick those top 3 go...I've yet to dive into the TE's much beyond what I saw this past year in College. I did see Washington a lot...

Washington is a unicorn. I really doubt he gets to #27 just because he's so unique...He's the type of player that would change a ton of what the Bills do now just because you can...I also think he's a great fit for Buffalo because no one is going to want to tackle him in the cold...No one...

Outside of the top-top guys there are 2 players in this Draft right now that I most want to see in Buffalo...Jalin Hyatt and Darnell Washington. B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

17 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Watch this video and imagine 2 TE sets with Knox. This dude can block like crazy and is an enormous target. Kills 2 birds with one stone. Another target for Allenand help on the line. Would allow knox toeat more in the passing game. Late first target?

Not a first rd Pk not even a two he looks slow won’t threaten the seems to much . I’ll take him starting in 4th rd. 

On 1/28/2023 at 12:09 PM, CEN-CAL17 said:

I’m a huge Georgia fan…. But I will be the first to admit I don’t think Darnell Washington will make a good pro.

Hes a huge mismatch problem for mid tier college programs. But I don’t see him being anything special in the NFL. Size isn’t an issue in the league like it is college. He is not quick, slow feet, very methodical. I see him running roughly a 4.8 forty. He’s not going to be a receiving threat in the league. Red Zone? Sure maybe. He’s a Solid blocker and is that 6th OL. 

Personally I think this kid is more a potential top 60 talk vs round 1 talk. All my opinion watching him over the years.

As a huge Georgia fan, I disagree with pretty much all of this. 

He wasn't a focal point in Monken's offense, and that's because there's a generational TE talent on the roster. If he can't hack it as a TE in the NFL, he's an elite athlete that could easily pivot into a LT, but that's not ideal in a 1st rounder. If he gets to a team that understands his strengths he'll be a monster. 

On 1/28/2023 at 1:09 PM, CEN-CAL17 said:

I’m a huge Georgia fan…. But I will be the first to admit I don’t think Darnell Washington will make a good pro.

Hes a huge mismatch problem for mid tier college programs. But I don’t see him being anything special in the NFL. Size isn’t an issue in the league like it is college. He is not quick, slow feet, very methodical. I see him running roughly a 4.8 forty. He’s not going to be a receiving threat in the league. Red Zone? Sure maybe. He’s a Solid blocker and is that 6th OL. 

Personally I think this kid is more a potential top 60 talk vs round 1 talk. All my opinion watching him over the years.

I actually agree here. Everyone touts him as some star. He’s not overly athletic, his hands are hot and cold and I think he benefits from all the athletes around him. 

I know I sound like a psycho but I’d take him bulk him up and make him a HOF LT. I’m not joking either. As a 1st round TE not a shot. 

Edited by gonzo1105

On 1/28/2023 at 8:28 PM, KOKBILLS said:

I think this RB class is really good value-wise...And I'm fine the the WR group in the first few rounds...It just depends how quick those top 3 go...I've yet to dive into the TE's much beyond what I saw this past year in College. I did see Washington a lot...

Washington is a unicorn. I really doubt he gets to #27 just because he's so unique...He's the type of player that would change a ton of what the Bills do now just because you can...I also think he's a great fit for Buffalo because no one is going to want to tackle him in the cold...No one...

Outside of the top-top guys there are 2 players in this Draft right now that I most want to see in Buffalo...Jalin Hyatt and Darnell Washington. B-)

You follow the draft much closer that I have or ever will.  That said, if Washington is a unicorn, what the heck is Bowers NFL potential going to be?

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/28/2023 at 11:53 AM, whorlnut said:

This makes sense, but it's a coaching issue, in as much as McD is better than the clown car of coaches who preceded him.  You could Tecmo Bowl this team, as comprised, and they would still lose the big games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.