Darnell Washington

whorlnut

I want Darnell Jefferson at running back as well, dude at a case of the fumbles early on... But by now he's got some experience.

... actually come to think of it I think he's coaching the Steelers now.

Edited by boyst
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

There is a few wrs that would be an immediate upgrade if they are still around at our pick though..

If Bijan Robinson is there in the bottom of the 1st at our pick I would hope we run to the podium...dude is going to be a beast and is an everydown back...you can even line him up in the slot..his jump cut is Barry sander esque

And I know,I know we shouldn't take a RB in the first round esp with our oline needing attention..But if Bijan is there then he definitely has to be BPA at that spot 

6 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

There is a few wrs that would be an immediate upgrade if they are still around at our pick though..

If Bijan Robinson is there in the bottom of the 1st at our pick I would hope we run to the podium...dude is going to be a beast and is an everydown back...you can even line him up in the slot..his jump cut is Barry sander esque

He is good, but I would not put him on Barry Sanders’ level.

The Bills currently don’t have the OL to take advantage of Robinson’s talent.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I didn't say he was sanders...just his jump cut reminds me of barry..and he isn't knocked down from first hits..his balance is off the charts

5 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Restructure of Allen's contract and drafting an ol in the 2nd and maybe even 3rd with a FA signing ol may make it good enough though

28 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

I didn't say he was sanders...just his jump cut reminds me of barry..and he isn't knocked down from first hits..his balance is off the charts

Restructure of Allen's contract and drafting an ol in the 2nd and maybe even 3rd with a FA signing ol may make it good enough though

Isn’t Allen’s contract brand new?  Probably not a lot of room to do too much.

1 hour ago, Billever76 said:

Bijan will be our pick imo if he there at 27.

imo there will be a WR run before our selection.  If Zay Flowers is off board, I’m waiting on WR

Oh, the TE. Got to be kidding me. He’d be blessed to have Butch Rolle’s career. We’re really drafting Butch Rolle in the 1st round hahaha. He’s big and slow. So slow. LBs will have no problem tracking him. 

Kittle. That’s a complete TE skill set, worthy of a high draft pick. Anyone that thinks this guy is George Kittle is dreaming. 

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Bijan will be our pick imo if he there at 27.

imo there will be a WR run before our selection.  If Zay Flowers is off board, I’m waiting on WR

Nope, not allowed to talk RB in the 1st. Even though the Bills haven’t been able to draft an RB, at all, anywhere in the draft in ten plus years. 

• Agree 1

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

I think Stetson Bennett will be a middling backup, but I have been wrong about a lot of QBs.

I’m interested. Seeing some Russell Wilson and Brees in him. I know that goes along with his size, but he seems to take command of his teams. That can’t be easy with all the talent Georgia has. He’s more than just an AJ McCarron type of role player. To me

4 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Oh, the TE. Got to be kidding me. He’d be blessed to have Butch Rolle’s career. We’re really drafting Butch Rolle in the 1st round hahaha. He’s big and slow. So slow. LBs will have no problem tracking him. 

Kittle. That’s a complete TE skill set, worthy of a high draft pick. Anyone that thinks this guy is George Kittle is dreaming. 

Nope, not allowed to talk RB in the 1st. Even though the Bills haven’t been able to draft an RB, at all, anywhere in the draft in ten plus years. 

I don’t understand your last comment above.  Singletary has been good, Cook looked very good so far.  Do you mean they haven’t found a dominant 20 carry/game back?  There are very few of those guys in today’s NFL.

49 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Isn’t Allen’s contract brand new?  Probably not a lot of room to do too much.

I read Allen restructuring his contract will add 21 m to the cap this year..TV contracts are supposed to be renewed this year further raising the cap....guess we need bean to free up some cap...he has been good at doing that he has just spent it in the defense when it should have been in the offense 

1 minute ago, Thrivefourfive said:

I’m interested. Seeing some Russell Wilson and Brees in him. I know that goes along with his size, but he seems to take command of his teams. That can’t be easy with all the talent Georgia has. He’s more than just an AJ McCarron type of role player. To me

That will be the question for sure.  I don’t know that he has the high-end arm talent to be a top pro.  He is also much older than most college QBs (25), so you would expect top understanding and leadership at the college level.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

I read Allen restructuring his contract will add 21 m to the cap this year..TV contracts are supposed to be renewed this year further raising the cap....guess we need bean to free up some cap...he has been good at doing that he has just spent it in the defense when it should have been in the offense 

While I agree that the offense needs help, the last 3 years, Bills really haven’t picked early in rounds.  Picking late, you have to balance best player among who’s left by your turn vs positions you might really want to pick.  I had no problem with Rousseau pick and I didn’t mind Epenesa and Basham picks.  Late 2nd and they are contributing, not stars, but OK.  It can be argued that maybe Epenesa or Basham should have been passed for someone on O, but who?

2 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I don’t understand your last comment above.  Singletary has been good, Cook looked very good so far.  Do you mean they haven’t found a dominant 20 carry/game back?  There are very few of those guys in today’s NFL.

Yes, that’s what I mean. An RB that can do that. I like Singletary and Cook, but they’re really just role guys who won’t ever win games outright, or carry an offense for a month. I just see such talented backs all over the NFL that are drafted after the 1st (some super blue chippers in the 1st) and it’s frustrating to me that the Bills are not only no where near drafting those guys, but they overdraft RBs that just don’t do anything close to assert their pretense in the offense for stretches.

Kenneth Walker 

AJ Dillion

Aaron Jones

Jamal Williams

Pacheco

Dameon Pierce

Ekler

Henry

Stevenson

Harris

Pollard

Montgomery

Allgeier

Rashard White

Kareem Hunt

Elijah Mitchell

There’s more. I think all these guys are better than our RBs. Elliott and Gordon and Taylor, Etienne, all top ten draft picks. But the Bills couldn’t pick anybody better than Singletary and Cook and Moss ver the past 6 years. I think it’s embarrassing. 

So I like the Texan Rb in the 1st. Something’s got to change. 

Edited by Thrivefourfive

What I love about this kid is his blocking as much as his pass catching!

1. On a number of those blocks, he absolutely DESTROYS the guy he's blocking and they end up flat on the ground.  He then stands over them and looks down just to rub it in.  He plays with a lot of attitude and edge--that's clear--and I LOVE THAT.
  2. And how about that 1 hand grab?  He reached out with one hand, caught the ball in one hand, pulled it in with one hand, and NEVER put his other hand on the ball---just kept running.

I'm afraid we'll skip him and take a defensive tackle instead.

😭

• Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

That will be the question for sure.  I don’t know that he has the high-end arm talent to be a top pro.  He is also much older than most college QBs (25), so you would expect top understanding and leadership at the college level.

Yes! I always forget about his age. That’s a major check mark in the negative. You are right. Well, I guess best case scenario for him would be drafted by the Jets, if they don’t trade for Rogers or a bonafide starter, and he destroys White in camp right away. I could see him throwing on time to those weapons, with that run game. Nothing too fancy. 

20 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

So say Motor leaves.  Whats your plan at RB?  Josh needs someone to take the pressure off him.  Bills can't run when it counts.  Yeah it's the line too.  I love Motor.  But we could use a RB is fast and that can catch.  A RB that other D has to account for.  A strong running game helps Josh.  Hall on the Jets was going to be offensive rookie of the year before he got hurt.   Cooks and Hines and who else?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Upgrading TE2 would be excellent. However, I’m not sure drafting a TE is the best route if the goal is winning now. TE’s more often than not take 2-3 years to develop, and tend to be lackluster blockers until the second half of their careers. The guys who are ready day one tend to be top-20 picks, and even then they can take a while to develop blocking skills. If this upcoming season is the concern then trying to get a guy like Robert Tonyan in FA on an affordable contract would probably be a better option. 

He would help the oline year one.

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

So say Motor leaves.  Whats your plan at RB?  Josh needs someone to take the pressure off him.  Bills can't run when it counts.  Yeah it's the line too.  I love Motor.  But we could use a RB is fast and that can catch.  A RB that other D has to account for.  A strong running game helps Josh.  Hall on the Jets was going to be offensive rookie of the year before he got hurt.   Cooks and Hines and who else?

The Texas kid. I think drafting him would improve the offense as much as drafting an OL or WR, who aren’t guarantees either. But my whole premise for drafting a RB in the first is because they haven’t been able to hit on anyone, anywhere. Cook is not good enough. 

Sanders, Gainwell, Scott, Hurts

McCaffrey, Mitchell, Deebo

Pacheco, McKinnin

Mixon, Perine (who’s a friggin load and a waaaaay better runner and catcher than who we have and had in 6 years)

Etienne

Hall

Taylor

Dobbins

Cook (the brother.. the good one)

Seriously, our RBs are not good enough at all.

I keep listing names, but that’s my point. There are so many better RB/RB rooms in the NFL than at OBD. And none of these guys are a reason why their teams may not be winning now. They are huge pieces to winning teams, and/either or the reason their teams don’t suck more.

I just can’t understand not addressing the RB position in a championship manner. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

He would help the oline year one.

Help the OLine to throw to Gabe Davis and and run slow Motor and small Cook. It’s not good enough.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.