If You Had To Pick One Player

Irv

OK. Before you ask.  Yes I’m bored and need to get a life.  Hypothetically, if you had to field a full 53 man roster of clones of a single current NFL, player, which one would you clone?  For example - a roster of 53 Tom Brady’s.  Hmmmm.  

Assuming we already had the QB, I’d go Parsons. Guy is a freak of nature.

EDIT: Just re-read. My mistake. Still would go Parsons if he could throw the ball a little. If not, then Allen.

Edited by JayBaller10

33 minutes ago, Irv said:

OK. Before you ask.  Yes I’m bored and need to get a life.  Hypothetically, if you had to field a full 53 man roster of clones of a single current NFL, player, which one would you clone?  For example - a roster of 53 Tom Brady’s.  Hmmmm.  

The clone concept wouldn't really work, would it? 

You need all different types of guys at different positions with different sizes and skills.

All Tom Bradys would lose badly.

It's kind of a dumb idea to be honest!  No offense.

I'd go with a clone of some top, big, fast, running back.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

Not sure about a clone but the one player I’d add hypothetically to the roster would be Justin Jefferson.!

Yes, for all that Diggs has done for the Bills, I believe that Minnesota won that trade.  Jefferson is already one of the best, if not the best, wide receivers in the game.  Minnesota still has him on his rookie contract, while Diggs’ contract takes up a fair chunk of the Bills’ team salary.   Diggs is 29, while Jefferson is 23 with many prime years to come.

All that being said, we don’t know how much of a difference it would have made for Josh to have had a rookie WR instead of Diggs, and for Jefferson to have been expected to immediately be a WR1 with a young QB versus starting with a veteran QB in Cousins along with a veteran WR in Thielen.

Edited by BobbyC81

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.