For one day, you are the Boss: what you do ?

Italian Bills

- Beane stays but we put a huge investment in finding scouts who actually know what makes a stud O lineman and D lineman. Beane is a magician with the cap and is a natural with the poker aspect of being a GM no way I let him go but he needs help in the trenches.

- I absolutely love McDermott as a human being and leader of men but the game management and unimaginative vanilla defensive and offensive playcalling the last few years has to fall on someone. I’d keep him with the condition that this is a make or break year and that he goes down with the ship if we don’t make the SB next year. I also tell him it’s time for him to let someone else take over the D and he sticks to head coaching. Advice is fine but leave the schemes to the new D coordinator.

- convince Fraizer it’s time to hang them up and hope he retires if he’s not ready then we let him go and hire Brian Flores as the new D coordinator. You know he’d be salivating at the chance to stick it to the dolphins and he’d get the most out of the players we have on the roster without us having to do much with the d in the offseason 

- My gut says fire Dorsey but if I bring him in and he convinces me that because this was his first year as an OC he didn’t want to get too crazy with playcallong and shows me he has big creative plans for the future to get playmakers like Hines, Cook, shakir in space I may give him one more shot. If my gut after the meeting feels like nothing is really going to change from this year I can him and bring up Joe Brady (because if you don’t he’s walking too). I feel like if we fire Dorsey and don’t hire writhin we almost have to fire McDermott too and just blow up the whole coaching staff and get a guy like Sean Payton to bring his own way of doing things. 

next season we look like:

GM - Beane

HC - McDermott 

DC - Flores

OC - Dorsey or Brady

You DON'T make wholesale changes to a 13-3 team that was three wins from winning it all.  Keep everyone and bring back a healthier Tre White, Micah Hyde and Von Miller, an undervalued Beasley and add in the draft.  Oh and fix the interior of the offensive line.  Bates at Center and a new Guard or two.

5 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

After a week where i stopped reading and watching about football because our brutal elimination game, i wish to know what would you do with McD, Dorsey and Frazier and Beane if you were the Boss and it was the day to decide their future: 

- McD: keep him or fire him ? In case of firing him, who’ll be your first name ?

- Dorsey: keep him or fire him ? In case of firing him, who’ll be your first name ?

- Frazier: keep him or fire him ? In case of firing him, who’ll be your first name ?

- Beane: keep him or fire him ? In case of firing him, who’ll be your first name ?

Maybe i could be wrong, maybe it would be a very bad mistake, but if i was the boss, i would fire McD because this players need a new guide to follow, new motivations from the HC, someone they see like the one that can lead them farther, i feel that they (maybe not everyone) think it is something McD can’t do. 

I’ll keep Dorsey giving him a second chance.

I’ll fire Frazier

Not sure about Beane. 

I don’t name HC and DC names because i don’t really know who’s very good and available out there, considering college football also. 

I make @SDS an offer he can't refuse, then I slowly use TBD to brainwash Bills fans into thinking having a decade of playoff losses is better than a single Superbowl win.

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, poblano said:

But Washington is who can't or wasn't able  to develop the talent FO has bring to the spot he trains.

I'm on the bring  S. Wilks but as assistant, put some pressure on Frazier  as his probable replacement.

I don’t know I think Oliver and Groot are developing just fine 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, poblano said:

But only the highest draftees 🤔  

Maybe more on players talent

Basham is carving a nice little role. Epenesa never needs to be in coverage and was a lot this year. What other players are not developing?  You know all that is on that DL are high draftees. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’d keep everyone. I don’t think firing Frazier would do anything since he’s mostly a puppet to McD anyways. It’s mcd’s defense.

Dorsey should get another chance to grow and learn. He’s a first year play caller. Josh loves him. Let’s see what another year and hopefully better players can do for him. 

Beane and McD should get this off-season to make it right with the offensive neglect. They are on notice now and just about everyone in the media and the fans know that the offense needs to be upgraded. Let’s see how they respond. If they don’t use resources (and I mean prime ones) on the o and it sputters again, they should be fired next offseason. 

5 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

After a week where i stopped reading and watching about football because our brutal elimination game, i wish to know what would you do with McD, Dorsey and Frazier and Beane if you were the Boss and it was the day to decide their future: 

- McD: keep him or fire him ? In case of firing him, who’ll be your first name ?

- Dorsey: keep him or fire him ? In case of firing him, who’ll be your first name ?

- Frazier: keep him or fire him ? In case of firing him, who’ll be your first name ?

- Beane: keep him or fire him ? In case of firing him, who’ll be your first name ?

Maybe i could be wrong, maybe it would be a very bad mistake, but if i was the boss, i would fire McD because this players need a new guide to follow, new motivations from the HC, someone they see like the one that can lead them farther, i feel that they (maybe not everyone) think it is something McD can’t do. 

I’ll keep Dorsey giving him a second chance.

I’ll fire Frazier

Not sure about Beane. 

I don’t name HC and DC names because i don’t really know who’s very good and available out there, considering college football also. 

I think McDermott and Beane are a package deal. I don’t think you can get rid of one and not the other. That’s Good from the perspective that it limits political finger pointing. They’re in it together so criticisms tend to get limited to the constructive type.

I don’t think an owner should dictate the specifics of what his HC does to his staff. My conversation with McDermott would be about the recent playoffs failures and what he will do to to fix the issues going forward. He would not have to fire Dorsey, but I’d want to know that he has some real help next season. Defensive playoff failures and the relative contributions of him and Frazier would be addressed similarly

I would have roster and resource allocation discussions with Beane and McD. I see a big imbalance between those spent on D vs O in such an O driven league. I’d want a plan to rectify that. While understanding that it was a very difficult season for a lot of reasons I’d emphasize the importance of fielding a true championship caliber team. On that note I’d stress how important of a component championship caliber coaching in the playoffs is and encourage them to make sure everyone and everything was in place to ensure that. Lastly I’d renew my commitment to helping them in any way I could to win a championship. 

I would DEFINITELY move on from Dorsey, and maybe Frazier too.

Dorsey is orders of magnitude below the best/smartest coordinators in the league.

Frazier is too conservative and literally does the same thing all game every game.

Fire the entire coaching staff. 

Keep Beane and let him choose a new staff and rebuild the roster. I don't think he is a genius but he deserves a chance to hire his own HC. 

McDermott has all the power now and he is holding the team back. You know it was him that decided to draft a smurf LB from a team in a conference that doesn't even play defense. Roster is messed up with special team losers at the expense of the line of scrimmage.  Yes every team has a special teams ace. We had four(Jones, Matakevich, Neal, and Kumerow) at the start of the season. Elam sat far too long. Terrible. Benford should have moved to safety the moment Hyde went down. They should have known from practice Johnson was awful. 

I'd hire Jim Harbaugh and let him bring toughness and accountability to this team. 

Last year I would have hired Lincoln Riley but I doubt he would leave USC now. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.