Thanks to all of you as well for this past season

major

Thanks to all of you (and the mods) too! Every year I enjoy getting on TBD to read the hot takes, positives and negatives from each game, real time game takes, shared experiences, etc… I don’t post much; however, I enjoy coming here for the latest Bills news and fan perspectives. Life can be hard (as we’ve seen all too much the last year); therefore thanks for providing a fun place to visit each and every season. Have a great weekend and Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 4

27 minutes ago, major said:

Thanks to all of you (and the mods) too! Every year I enjoy getting on TBD to read the hot takes, positives and negatives from each game, real time game takes, shared experiences, etc… I don’t post much; however, I enjoy coming here for the latest Bills news and fan perspectives. Life can be hard (as we’ve seen all too much the last year); therefore thanks for providing a fun place to visit each and every season. Have a great weekend and Go Bills!!!

This is a special bunch. But, then again, the whole of western NY and all of its expats are some of the best people on earth. We enjoy many, almost an infinite number of, common bonds. This place has pulled me out of more than one “funk” in life and, for that, and for many other reasons, like the obvious ones, I’m grateful. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Some of us shoulda filled in for Dion Dawkins and Ed Oliver. 

More often than not I appreciate both sides of an argument (i.e . - I'm a wishy-washy prick).

WRT your point I have no doubt that I am not part of the 'Some of us shoulda filled in' crowd. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I’m a middle aged dude with a wife and kids living 2000 miles from my home of WNY and have done so for many years, but there is and will always be in my lifetime something really special about being a Bills fan. I know it’s a silly game played by millionaires just wearing a uniform but how it brings us together on this board, our family and friends together on Sundays and usually  transcends politics and crap is something remarkable. This Year definitely took some years off my life but what can you do

Crazy story and not sure why I’m writing it here as I am still struggling with it but when I left college and before joining the military, I did a year in a program called Jesuit Volunteer Corps (great experience). I was sent to work in Mobile Alabama in a Housing project running after school programs. There I befriended a family that I worked with a stayed in touch the best I could with them through the years, moves with military, kids, etc. The day before the Miami game, I got the horrible news that one of kids in that family was shot and killed outside of a gas station following a n argument with a 19 year old punk. In any event I had already got tixs and plane flights for BMore game and was taking my two kids. Long story short ( way too long sorry) I flew and dropped kids off with cousin in MD then had to fly to mobile Al for funeral service where the family wanted me to say some words. It was a whirlwind weekend but one of biggest things that will stick with me forever is when I went into that Baptist church to find an open casket and in the casket with the kid I knew, just a poor kid from Mobile AL, was a Buffalo Bills Jersey.  I lost it when I saw it.  

It’s is silly how serious we take it all, myself included, but this distraction called football and all the crap that goes along with, is in some strange way (possibly unhealthy too sometimes) very meaningful 

Go Bills. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Let me give you my perspective after 50 years as a Bills fan. I have learned a lot....

I am a fan, an observer. 

I don't hire coaches, I don't draft players and I don't play the game , it's out of my control. 

I used to take this team way to serious and it can ruin your life. (My father warned me about this)

I am not overly happy with victories, not in the dumps over losses. I am a happy man on Monday no matter what happens with the Bills. Some of you guys need to try this...repeat after me "I am a fan but an observer" stay cool, don't ruin your life hyperventilating over Buffalo Bills football.

I may organize my own special group of Bills fans

The Middle Roaders 

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Let me give you my perspective. 

I am a fan, an observer. 

I don't hire coaches, I don't draft players and don't play the game 

I used to take this team way to serious and it can ruin your life.

I am not overly happy with victories, not in the dumps over losses.

I may organize my own special group of Bills fans

The Middle Roaders 

Hey, everyone!  Check the 'fine print' to see what membership dues are...🤔🤨

• Haha (+1) 6

It was a good year on the field and a good year interacting with all the TBD crowd on everything Buffalo Bills. But I must admit, I have been much more productive this week, not spending hours reading everything I can about the upcoming game. And my weekend seems so free now.

Life roles on (the good and the bad). Let's hope for way more good next year/season--I wish that for each of you, and for our team.

So, on to ...???... (Who do we play in the first game next season?)

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Don't forget to check out the Sabres and Off The Wall sections. Especially if you appreciate some at times low brow humor all kinds of smile producing visuals in the comedy thread.

its fun to read the lurkers 🙂 post more!

moving forward Im going to try to laugh more,  dance more  ALAS my football team is again not in the AFC Champtionship game

what else is there to do, drink?..... Yeah more iced coffee and cold water tck 😊

GO BILLS - m

Pleasure is my business, and business is my pleasure, you are welcome, 👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.