Goldeneye N64 Xbox and Switch finally available!

davefan66

Goldeneye N64 is now available on Xbox Gamepass and Switch online.  

Looks a little better and plays much better on Xbox.  Controllers are immensely better on Xbox.  Switch is cheaper at $50/year versus Xbox Gamepass at $14.99/month.

They finally got through the rights issues and have brought the game back. One of my absolute favorites!

Enjoy!

Edited by davefan66
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• davefan66 changed the title to Goldeneye N64 Xbox and Switch finally available!
15 minutes ago, haroldwaide said:

I never got into it too much back in the day except at my local Walmart that had it running on the display for a while.  Having said that, my son and I are enjoying it immensely now...

I may give it a chance with my kids now on the Switch. I never could play it back in the day— would always make me dizzy, and I was more of a Madden guy.  

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

oooooh nice… I’ll have to check it out!  I have Gamepass for another year through some conversaion trick I saw on SlickDeals a couple months back.

Much easier play on Xbox. Current controller layout for shooter games. Switch axis is weird and left button shooting which impedes zooming sniper rifle.

Tons of fun!

14 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Goldeneye N64 is now available on Xbox Gamepass and Switch online.  

Looks a little better and plays much better on Xbox.  Controllers are immensely better on Xbox.  Switch is cheaper at $50/year versus Xbox Gamepass at $14.99/month.

They finally got through the rights issues and have brought the game back. One of my absolute favorites!

Enjoy!

Hey, just FYI there is a trick to get Game Pass Ultimate for $5 a month for up to 3 years at a time (it’s not really a trick. Microsoft even advertises it. I’ve done it twice already! just recently did it again last month).

You have to let your game pass totally expire. Then add Xbox live Gold to your account. I buy the 1 year for $59.99. You can stack up to 3 years of Gold if you want.

Then go and buy a month of game pass ultimate. It will convert all of your remaining Xbox live gold subscription to game pass ultimate at a 1:1 rate. So you can get game pass ultimate for $60/yr. I currently have 3 years of GPU that I paid $180 total for.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 2

It seems like there are a bunch of hard core compute gamers here.

Does anyone know the best way (what hardware and software) to play aerial dogfighting simulation games?

With a lot of historically accurate planes/views/controls, and where your view playing is out of the front windshield, like flying the real plane?

Do you have to go to PC types games for this?

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Hey, just FYI there is a trick to get Game Pass Ultimate for $5 a month for up to 3 years at a time (it’s not really a trick. Microsoft even advertises it. I’ve done it twice already! just recently did it again last month).

You have to let your game pass totally expire. Then add Xbox live Gold to your account. I buy the 1 year for $59.99. You can stack up to 3 years of Gold if you want.

Then go and buy a month of game pass ultimate. It will convert all of your remaining Xbox live gold subscription to game pass ultimate at a 1:1 rate. So you can get game pass ultimate for $60/yr. I currently have 3 years of GPU that I paid $180 total for.

yep this is pretty much what I did!  Although, there was some really good deal for 1 year of regular Live Gold through XBox Brazil or something.  Had to use a VPN to purchase successfully.  Not sure if the deal is still active or not.

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/28/2023 at 10:58 AM, BillsFan4 said:

This is amazing news I will have to get on this, thanks!

• Like (+1) 1

this game took up a lot of time in college for me.  other than sports games, it was the first time we could play with multiple people at once.  i have game pass for xbox, but it's not online.  i have zero desire to play the single player mode, so i may have to hook it up on the switch.  anyone down to play?

On 1/28/2023 at 12:03 PM, Nextmanup said:

It seems like there are a bunch of hard core compute gamers here.

Does anyone know the best way (what hardware and software) to play aerial dogfighting simulation games?

With a lot of historically accurate planes/views/controls, and where your view playing is out of the front windshield, like flying the real plane?

Do you have to go to PC types games for this?

the xbox has mircosoft flight simulator that they're regularly adding new airports onto.  as far as i know there's not a dogfighting component to it, but i could be wrong.  if you were to have the xbox game pass, you can get it for free.

52 minutes ago, teef said:

this game took up a lot of time in college for me.  other than sports games, it was the first time we could play with multiple people at once.  i have game pass for xbox, but it's not online.  i have zero desire to play the single player mode, so i may have to hook it up on the switch.  anyone down to play?

the xbox has mircosoft flight simulator that they're regularly adding new airports onto.  as far as i know there's not a dogfighting component to it, but i could be wrong.  if you were to have the xbox game pass, you can get it for free.

So you can do online play for switch but not xbox?

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t know much about gaming, but I used to love to play Goldeneye in college.  We absolutely wore that game out.  My son has a PS4 and we also have a Wii.  Anyway I can play on either of those?

No. It’s exclusive to switch and Xbox. Xbox bought the game studio that made GoldenEye. I doubt they ever release it to PlayStation. 

The only thing you could do is buy a copy of the goldeneye remake for wii that came out back in 2011. I saw used copies of it on EBay for $9-11.

Or if your son has a jailbroke ps4 he could play it. I don’t know how to jailbreak a console though, so no idea how hard it is to do.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2023 at 11:58 AM, BillsFan4 said:

OK, so I just tried this trick.  It worked.  However, I could only do 3 month subscription for Xbox Live Gold through the Microsoft Store.  ($25).  When I converted, it charged me for 1 month at $15.  So, I got 4 months for 40 instead of 60.  Not bad.

Next time, I'm going to buy some Xbox Gold 12-subscription cards (sell for $60 each it looks like).  Goal is to do 3 years worth of those, convert them to Game Pass Ultimate and get 3 years + 1 Months of Ultimate for 60/year + one additional month = $195.  That would be instead of $555 for 15/month subscription fee.  I like where this is going.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark80 said:

OK, so I just tried this trick.  It worked.  However, I could only do 3 month subscription for Xbox Live Gold through the Microsoft Store.  ($25).  When I converted, it charged me for 1 month at $15.  So, I got 4 months for 40 instead of 60.  Not bad.

Next time, I'm going to buy some Xbox Gold 12-subscription cards (sell for $60 each it looks like).  Goal is to do 3 years worth of those, convert them to Game Pass Ultimate and get 3 years + 1 Months of Ultimate for 60/year + one additional month = $195.  That would be instead of $555 for 15/month subscription fee.  I like where this is going.

Just make sure your current game pass ultimate subscription is expired first, otherwise it won’t do the 1/1 conversion.

But that’s what I do. I stack 3 years of gold either by buying the $60 12 month cards from retailers like Walmart or wherever has them for $60.

This last time I did it I actually got 3 years for $14 total by using the Microsoft rewards points. During the pandemic I started doing the daily Microsoft reward point searches and tasks just out of boredom and I’ve kind of made it a part of my morning routine now (it takes less than 5 mins a day). So I was able to buy 3 years worth of gold via Microsoft reward points. Then added them all to my account and paid the $14 to convert it to ultimate. I should be able to do the same thing again in 3 years (if the conversion still works by then).

if any one’s interested there is a subreddit dedicated to Microsoft reward points. Some people are super dedicated to doing all the daily reward point stuff on Xbox, PC and mobile and are even able to buy their Xbox’s and laptops with points.

ghats way too much work for me! lol

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.