Now that the dust on the season has settled (a bit) can we please consider the Elephant in the room?

transplantbillsfan

4 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

It's not so much about putting the Bengals on a pedestal as much as realizing the Bills are not up on the pedestal like everybody had them going into this season  IMO

And that's bc while we were busy focusing on the defense side of the ball all through Allen's rookie contract,Bengals did the opposite and surrounded Burrow with the best trio of wrs in football.....we were so focused on chasing kc that Bengals snuck up behind us and stole our lunch

18 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This is something we all know and acknowledge anyway about the 2022-2023 Buffalo Bills:

They went through some *****!!!

Tops shooting

Kim Pegula getting sick

Knox's brother dying

120 degree heat game in Miami

Davis lingering ankle injury (multiple reporters, including Dan Fetes, said he just didn't look right in practice for most of the season)

Dane Jackson having to get taken off the field in an Ambulance

Micah Hyde being lost for the season

Josh Allen elbow injury and minimal practice/throwing for a couple weeks and lingering through the season

7 foot blizzard that didn't allow for a week of real practice and then relocated a home game to Detroit

A 2nd home game in Detroit 4 days later

4 away games in 11 days

Getting stuck in Chicago overnight on Christmas Eve because of a blizzard that killed dozens of people in Buffalo

Missing what many would argue are the 2 biggest Holidays of the year with their families

Damar

And I'm sure I'm missing some of these things.

EDIT: Somehow I forgot losing Von Miller... insane list 

These guys are human beings and I challenge anyone to find another team in NFL history that went through as much crap as Buffalo did this year and still managed to go 13-3 in the regular season and win a playoff game with one of the harder SoSs in that year.

I had issues with the offensive and defensive gameplan by Dorsey and Frazier.  Obviously a problem--big problem as far as Frazier goes when you're playing zone with guys 10 yards off the line against a QB with one of the quickest releases in the NFL.

But let's all take a breath.  This clearly wasn't our year.  But maybe it's more Acts of God than the team just not being good.

I agree with all this, but I still  have to wonder.....If we would have beat Cincy and went to play K.C. at a neutral site, what would the narrative have been? Charity for the Bills?

I still don't really understand the NFL's position. 5 years ago, the game would have went on....not saying it should have, just don't understand how they reasoned things going forward from that.

Just now, Billever76 said:

And that's bc while we were busy focusing on the defense side of the ball all through Allen's rookie contract,Bengals did the opposite and surrounded Burrow with the best trio of wrs in football.....we were so focused on chasing kc that Bengals snuck up behind us and stole our lunch

I like Beane but poor drafting has caught up to us.  Not only lack of weapons on offense but ignoring the Offensive Line as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Lost said:

They battled through adversity knocking out win after win and just when they turned the corner...things were looking better, Damar was back in the building...they were 2 games away from their dream...just at that moment they decided they didn't have anything left in them.   Sorry I don't buy it.  I feel for all the players went through this season but Cincy game was a complete coaching mismatch.  

Totally agree....but was that really Damar? ....askin for a friend

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

certainly they demonstrated more emotional stamina...

Are you implying the Bengals dealt with the same amount of crap as the Bills? Or are you implying the emotional distress the Bengals and Bills had to deal with from Damar's near death was equal?

It would be ridiculous to imply either.

• Like (+1) 1

I really just don't know what to expect this coming up year. The afc east is closing the gap and buffalo (coaches) is stuck with their egos. No adjusting same game plan although everyone else sees that it's out dated or not well suited against too QBs. Josh will always be fun to watch. Other than that I have no expectations. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Are you implying the Bengals dealt with the same amount of crap as the Bills? Or are you implying the emotional distress the Bengals and Bills had to deal with from Damar's near death was equal?

It would be ridiculous to imply either.

neither

43 minutes ago, balln said:

They’re literally soft and not good enough in the trenches - especially the OL. It’s their kryptonite. I blame beane and the coaches for accepting it / not improving it. And fine if your stuck w the softies / finesse OL personnel wise - then I blame Dorsey and McD for not gameplanning around it. Remember lee smith ?! Need extra blockers / need chipping the ends. Need quick passing game. No other excuses !

Loved Lee Smith. Was like a third tackle.

helped running game and pass protection.

17 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

I have faith that Dorsey and Josh will work out the kinks in the playbook 

I have faith that a defence with Hyde, Von and healthy Tre will be much better. 
I have faith that Josh will work hard to improve again. 
Im worried about having a DC like Frazier who cannot get the max from this team. 
This team is still very good and will be better next year. 

....and never will. An average fan could have coached a better Defensive game plan....ok Offensive too. How this staff cannot see these things really worries me.

If I was one of those 3, I would have hauled ass out of town till the Senior Bowl or something. It would be like if I made a boneheaded mistake on a job that cost thousands to redo. Hell, as a Bills fan I'm extremely embarrassed.

Having Heath jump on the grenade last year and immediately whacking the safeties coach this year just pisses me off even more. I give Dorsey another year to quit living vicariously through Josh, but Frazier's gotta go. My respect level is falling by the day.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

An interesting take, but I don’t believe the Bills are going to be touted (except by Bills fans) no matter how they start next season. The bloom is most definitely off the rose. 

I don't even think Bills fans are going to be touting them as Super Bowl favorites next season, that is done for now.

There were way more than two but I still say give me any two of our starters back on defense and run it again and the score would be a lot different.  People have been talking ever since the loss like the team that played the Bengals is the same team from the first couple of weeks of the season.

1 hour ago, Toledo Bill said:

It would be nice if one of our gutless reporters really called them out in a scathing article. Out-coached and out motivated. I admire how they came through all the adversity but that last game was a joke.

You mean, like Jerry Sullivan? 😂😂 … I’m guessing any article he would have written after the bengals debacle might have had some truth to it 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.