No trade Mock Drafts

RyanC883

6 minutes ago, Yantha said:

I'm getting more comfortable drafting Campbell at 27 even without a trade down.

ScreenShot2023-03-23at12_56_54PM.thumb.png.d0cf0ae19c68f25d2c60e3cf9ffd076d.png

Well…..There are clearly two distinct camps now. In another thread someone is opining that the Bills drafted Bernard to be the new MLB. If that’s true there’s ZERO chance that our #1 pick will be a linebacker. 

• Like (+1) 1

Look this is just how it fell, just like if Torrence and Jones feel over we'd get 5 yards.

27: R1 P27 G O'Cyrus Torrence - Florida

59: R2 P28 OT Dawand Jones - Ohio State

91: R3 P28 S JL Skinner - Boise State

130: R4 P28 C John Michael Schmitz - Minnesota

137: R5 P2 LB DeMarvion Overshown - Texas

205: R6 P28 DL Byron Young - Alabama

• Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

Look this is just how it fell, just like if Torrence and Jones feel over we'd get 5 yards.

27: R1 P27 G O'Cyrus Torrence - Florida

59: R2 P28 OT Dawand Jones - Ohio State

91: R3 P28 S JL Skinner - Boise State

130: R4 P28 C John Michael Schmitz - Minnesota

137: R5 P2 LB DeMarvion Overshown - Texas

205: R6 P28 DL Byron Young - Alabama

I tried that mock draft simulator the other day. It's very different from the PFF model. I think it gives you much better players later.

My guess is it's not realistic.

3 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I tried that mock draft simulator the other day. It's very different from the PFF model. I think it gives you much better players later.

My guess is it's not realistic.

It's more about who's big board you select on fanspeak, the one I used for that was the latest from CBS, I tend to use Steve Shoups big board mostly.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

It's more about who's big board you select on fanspeak, the one I used for that was the latest from CBS, I tend to use Steve Shoups big board mostly.

Ahh, I'm not all that clever about that sort of thing. I'll give it a shot if I can figure it out. Thanks. Fwiw, Gunner Bill and MrEpsYtown are two of the evaluators on this board I trust. Both of them if I recollect correctly think Torrence does not match the blocking scheme we typically employ. I don't think Dawand Jones lasts till 59. If he or Matthew Bergeron were available in the second, I'd be elated. I want Dalton Kincaid in the first. I think he's going to be a dangerous offensive weapon.

Edited by Dr. Who

On 3/18/2023 at 8:22 PM, r henderson said:

I know everyone's clamoring for a wr, but I still think OBJ is in play. This is my mock draft.

1) O'Cyrus Torrence G Florida: Solidify the interior line for years.

2) Daiyan Henley LB Washington State: Tough defender with speed and cover skills. Equally good against the run and the pass.

3) Kendre Miller RB TCU: The strong north/south runner Beane is looking for. Excellent receiver out the backfield and stout in pass protection.

4) Luke Schoonmaker TE Michigan: Playing behind a very good TE in Erick All. Would be starting for any other team in the country. Untapped potential.

5) Demarco Hellman S Alabama: A sleeper pick that can turn out to be a good value pick. 

6) Ricky Stromberg G/C Arkansas: A 4-year starter with versatility to play guard and center.

The top will contribute day one. Schoonmaker should see snaps with the Bills playing more double TE. Best way to neutralize Miami Dolphins two conerbacks.

Just now, r henderson said:

Making one change to my draft. I’m selecting Darnell Wright OT from Tennessee with the 1st round pick. I’ve rewatched the games from last season and Spencer Brown was bad last season and the season before. 

2 minutes ago, r henderson said:

Making one change to my draft. I’m selecting Darnell Wright OT from Tennessee with the 1st round pick. I’ve rewatched the games from last season and Spencer Brown was bad last season and the season before. 

I know everyone's clamoring for a wr, but I still think OBJ is in play. This is my mock draft.

1) Darnell Wright OT Tennessee: I’m sorry, but Spencer Brown is going to get Josh killed. 4 year starter on the right side in SEC. Best RT in the draft.

2) Daiyan Henley LB Washington State: Tough defender with speed and coverskills. Equally good against the run and the pass.

3) Kendre Miller RB TCU: The strong north/south runner Beane is looking for. Excellent receiver out the backfield and stout in pass protection.

4) Luke Schoonmaker TE Michigan:Playing behind a very good TE in Erick All. Would be starting for any other team in the country. Untapped potential.

5) Demarco Hellman S Alabama: A sleeperpick that can turn out to be a good value pick. 

6) Ricky Stromberg G/C Arkansas: A 4-year starter with versatility to play guard and center.

The top 3 will contribute day one. Schoonmaker should see snaps with the Bills playing more double TE. Best way to neutralize Miami Dolphins two conerbacks.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Ahh, I'm not all that clever about that sort of thing. I'll give it a shot if I can figure it out. Thanks. Fwiw, Gunner Bill and MrEpsYtown are two of the evaluators on this board I trust. Both of them if I recollect correctly think Torrence does not match the blocking scheme we typically employ. I don't think Dawand Jones lasts till 59. If he or Matthew Bergeron were available in the second, I'd be elated. I want Dalton Kincaid in the first. I think he's going to be a dangerous offensive weapon.

I'm beginning to agree on Torrence not fitting what we do, and after watching Bergeron I'm not a fan of his pass sets. He backs up way too far, before initiating contact, almost at the QB spot. He needs to learn to make contact after his first kick slide. Jones isn't perfect but for a man his size moves quite well, and his punch is incredible.

1 hour ago, ScorpionZero said:

I'm beginning to agree on Torrence not fitting what we do, and after watching Bergeron I'm not a fan of his pass sets. He backs up way too far, before initiating contact, almost at the QB spot. He needs to learn to make contact after his first kick slide. Jones isn't perfect but for a man his size moves quite well, and his punch is incredible.

If you go over to page 12 in the thread on David Edwards maybe about half way down the page,  MrEpsYtown gives a very nice analysis of the olinemen he thinks fit with what Kromer is trying to do and also those who don't. It might help your evaluation of what we are likely looking for.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 2

This one is from fanspeak using Steve Shoups board, you'll see the difference. Went with a blend of value/need.

27: R1 P27 LB Trenton Simpson - Clemson

59: R2 P28 C John Michael Schmitz - Minnesota

91: R3 P28 TE Luke Schoonmaker - Michigan

130: R4 P28 S Jordan Battle - Alabama

137: R5 P2 RB Roschon Johnson - Texas

205: R6 P28 OT Nick Saldiveri - Old Dominion

• Like (+1) 1

Screenshot_20230324-122702.thumb.png.c4ec3413da1b8bf9161a7e28cbb0588b.png

This is the setup I used for PFF.

27. Bijon Robinson RB. Of course I took him and everyone would do the same.

59. Drew Sanders LB brings a different dynamic to the defense. Oh and if people are concerned about the defense falling off, KC's defense ranked 16th and won the big game.

91. Cody Mauch T   he should be moved to guard, nasty demeanor. Says he looks like a hockey player on turf. What buffalonian wouldn't like that.

130. Tyler Steen T.  After switching to o-line spent 2 years at RT for Vandy, before transferring to Alabama, playing 22 at LT. should have no problem moving back to the right side while backing up the left.

137. Olusegun Oluwatimi C.  Well coached at Michigan, could develop.

204. DeMarcco Hellams S. Developmental prospect, now's the time to start the learning.

On 3/23/2023 at 1:01 PM, Yantha said:

I'm getting more comfortable drafting Campbell at 27 even without a trade down.

ScreenShot2023-03-23at12_56_54PM.thumb.png.d0cf0ae19c68f25d2c60e3cf9ffd076d.png

I think Drew Sanders is more likely to be selected by the bills than Campbell, if they take a linebacker at 27

Pick 27 I feel is Drew Sanders or Jack Campbell…. Arkansas Pro Day is 29 March. My pick may change…. But neither Sanders or Campbell are making it past first 40 picks.

Benton is a large, athletic pass rushing DT, who was a state level High School wrestler…. 

TE is a need and Kuntz may be a reach here but he’s got a lot to work with.

Others are depth and STs. Would like to see us draft a QB that has big running capabilities with room to grow.

E4FACDFF-3D9D-4A83-B92C-12405D6347FB.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I think Drew Sanders is more likely to be selected by the bills than Campbell, if they take a linebacker at 27

I disagree.  I think that Sanders is the better of the two with respect to shedding blocks, and getting into the backfield.  Much more disruptive in that sense.  BUT, he's less well rounded and I don't think that he has the same football IQ, quick thinking, and ability to cover.  In a pass happy league, I'm leaning towards Campbell for his ability to cover AND tackle.  I'm not sure if Sanders goes in the first.  I'd actually prefer to trade down for Campbell if possible but would be okay with sticking and pickiing.

23 minutes ago, Yantha said:

I disagree.  I think that Sanders is the better of the two with respect to shedding blocks, and getting into the backfield.  Much more disruptive in that sense.  BUT, he's less well rounded and I don't think that he has the same football IQ, quick thinking, and ability to cover.  In a pass happy league, I'm leaning towards Campbell for his ability to cover AND tackle.  I'm not sure if Sanders goes in the first.  I'd actually prefer to trade down for Campbell if possible but would be okay with sticking and pickiing.

They are both studs… but yes ability to cover is important. Though Campbell ran a 4.65 40 yd dash, but also more impressive a 6.7 3 cone which is faster than a lot of CBs and WRs.  

Sanders shows a ton of athleticism. Didn’t do any times at Combine. But out of pure athleticism Sanders has more ability. 

Not to often was Tre Edmunds asked to man up and cover. A majority of Edmunds responsibly in coverage was his ability to drop back and get back quickly. Plus his length made it hard for team to go over the top.

It’s hard to say who’s better in coverage cause I haven’t seen enough video. But Sanders has the edge I feel in speed and definitely pass rushing and coming off the edge like Edmunds did at times.

Im just curious of where Sanders would be if he played MLB for 3 years like Campbell vs 2 years at DE for Bama and only 1 year of tape at Arkansas. But no doubt both are studs. But I’d ones upside potentially higher than the other?

Also, Campbell has been working out with Luke Kuechly the past couple months…. One of these guys has to be the pick. Arkansas pro day 29 March.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.