No trade Mock Drafts

RyanC883

I know everyone's clamoring for a wr, but I still think OBJ is in play. This is my mock draft.

1) O'Cyrus Torrence G Florida: Solidify the interior line for years.

2) Daiyan Henley LB Washington State: Tough defender with speed and cover skills. Equally good against the run and the pass.

3) Kendre Miller RB TCU: The strong north/south runner Beane is looking for. Excellent receiver out the backfield and stout in pass protection.

4) Luke Schoonmaker TE Michigan: Playing behind a very good TE in Erick All. Would be starting for any other team in the country. Untapped potential.

5) Demarco Hellman S Alabama: A sleeper pick that can turn out to be a good value pick. 

6) Ricky Stromberg G/C Arkansas: A 4-year starter with versatility to play guard and center.

The top will contribute day one. Schoonmaker should see snaps with the Bills playing more double TE. Best way to neutralize Miami Dolphins two conerbacks.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, r henderson said:

I know everyone's clamoring for a wr, but I still think OBJ is in play. This is my mock draft.

2) Daiyan Henley LB Washington State: Tough defender with speed and cover skills. Equally good against the run and the pass.

3) Kendre Miller RB TCU: The strong north/south runner Beane is looking for. Excellent receiver out the backfield and stout in pass protection.

4) Luke Schoonmaker TE Michigan: Playing behind a very good TE in Erick All. Would be starting for any other team in the country. Untapped potential.

5) Demarco Hellman S Alabama: A sleeper pick that can turn out to be a good value pick. 

6) Ricky Stromberg G/C Arkansas: A 4-year starter with versatility to play guard and center.

The top will contribute day one. Schoonmaker should see snaps with the Bills playing more double TE. Best way to neutralize Miami Dolphins two conerbacks.

Pretty good.  I like Henley as well but not sure if he's a MIDDLE linebacker.

4 hours ago, Yantha said:

This mock takes into consideration of signing OG McGovern, and "interest in" RT Brandon Shell.....

TE Kuntz is a young Donald Parham, and stood out at the combine.

Missed on MLB, so I hope we sign Wagner in this case...

ScreenShot2023-03-18at7_58_51PM.thumb.png.fc6bb47624622cc5c2f21cd170d9096f.png

No matter, what if bijan is available at the 27th pick I’m taking him 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

27. Bijon Robinson RB

59. Joe Tippmann OC

91. Tyler Scott WR

130. Ronnie Hickman S

137. Israel Abinakanda RB

204. Antonio Mafi G

As I've just noticed I drafted 2 RBs, that simulator doesn't list your picks for quick checks. So when you go in and out of the simulation to read and watch film, you can forget where your at. It's PFFs simulator. Not a complaint, just saying.

This one I decided to finally address the o-line, while adding the linebacker which fits our defense for the most part. A big running back to run behind the new o-line beef, and a situational pass rusher who can learn from the best while adding a little muscle in an NFL weight room.

27. O'Cyrus Torrence

OG Florida

59. Jack Campbell

LB Iowa

91. Matthew Bergeron

OT Syracuse

130. Ricky Stromberg

OC Arkansas

137. Roschon Johnson

RB Texas

205. Robert Beal

EDGE Georgia

On 1/27/2023 at 5:38 PM, Billz4ever said:

You really think Patterson would fall to the 4th round?  I've seen some boards having him gone early second.  That would be amazing though.  Knowing this team, we'd pass and take a DE instead.

And curious why we'd take an edge rusher in the first round when we have Groot and Von.

We dont have Von next year.
and if edge is a strong BPA ? It might also be a  need pick
just being devils advocate here  🙃

• Disagree 1

10 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

We dont have Von next year.
and if edge is a strong BPA ? It might also be a  need pick
just being devils advocate here  🙃

The bolded reads like a statement of fact, when in fact it is not. It's not even the prevailing opinion based on the limited information available.

One could even argue that Miller might be back early in the season (if we agree that his surgery was something short of a FULL tear & repair...whatever the bleep that means lol; but wasn't that the subtext in some of Von's post-surgery comments? There was a degree of intentional ambiguity coming from both the team and the player, so it's difficult to discern without more access). 

P.s. aside from PFF -- who has been shoving Nathaniel Dell in my face the first two days of the draft, every draft -- which draft simulators are folks using? 

Edited by Richard Noggin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

The bolded reads like a statement of fact, when in fact it is not. It's not even the prevailing opinion based on the limited information available.

One could even argue that Miller might be back early in the season (if we agree that his surgery was something short of a FULL tear & repair...whatever the bleep that means; but wasn't that the subtext in some of Von's post-surgery comments? There was a degree of intentional ambiguity coming from both the team and the player, so it's difficult to discern without more access). 

A full tear and repair is whenever they completely unattached the ligament and replace it

This was the injury that my son took right before he was about to go to San Diego State, so I sat through the process of this

7 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

One could even argue that Miller might be back early in the season (if we agree that his surgery was something short of a FULL tear & repair...whatever the bleep that means lol; but wasn't that the subtext in some of Von's post-surgery comments? There was a degree of intentional ambiguity coming from both the team and the player, so it's difficult to discern without more access). 

P.s. aside from PFF -- who has been shoving Nathaniel Dell in my face the first two days of the draft, every draft -- which draft simulators are folks using? 

Thank you!

I keep seeing people saying we don't have him next season and comparing him to Tre. 

But it's two separate things. One was a complete tear and complete reconstruction. One was a partial tear and repair.

Beane himself has said he expects to have Von for most of the season. Something he never said about Tre.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/18/2023 at 7:04 PM, ScorpionZero said:

Your Draft is Complete!

Buffalo Bills

27 Zay Flowers

WR | Boston College

59 Antonio Johnson

S | Texas A&M

91 Henry To'oto'o

LB | Alabama

130 Roschon Johnson

RB | Texas

137 Jarrett Patterson

IOL | Notre Dame

205R obert Beal Jr.

EDGE | Georgia

Interesting draft.  I think with Shakir and recently signed Hardy that they are ok for slot WR and I worry that Flowers’ size might preclude hike from playing out wide, but I do think Flowers is good.

On 3/18/2023 at 8:22 PM, r henderson said:

Schoonmaker was the starter this year at Michigan for a majority of the year. All didn't play much at all.  But yes, Schoonmaker is very good and reliable.  Won't ever be Gronk or Kelce, but he can be a very solid TE who is a good blocker and receiver.

18 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

That was the prognosis at the end of last season. Maybe back for the playoffs>

and we how long it may take to return to form if ever. So I am not betting on having Miller.

Seems a safe bet, and gravy if we get him :)

18 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Thank you!

I keep seeing people saying we don't have him next season and comparing him to Tre. 

But it's two separate things. One was a complete tear and complete reconstruction. One was a partial tear and repair.

Beane himself has said he expects to have Von for most of the season. Something he never said about Tre.

I am sorry, I never read that from Beane. My error !

And glad to be wrong !

8 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Interesting draft.  I think with Shakir and recently signed Hardy that they are ok for slot WR and I worry that Flowers’ size might preclude hike from playing out wide, but I do think Flowers is good.

And now we have the slot guy from Miami :)

7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I am sorry, I never read that from Beane. My error !

And glad to be wrong !

From Beane's end of the season presser:

"Yeah, I think Von's in a good spot. I think he's doing well. I expect him ... I'm going to say the same thing. I expect him for a good portion of 2023; I'm not ruling out all of 2023, but I don't want to say that either. I think it's too early. I was asking Nate Breske (Bills trainer), he's seven weeks, it's crazy how time flies, but that was seven weeks ago when he had that surgery."

• Thank you (+1) 1

No more need to draft RB or WR. With the people they've added. It feels like there gonna run some 5WR sets and with adding Schoonmaker in my draft drop down to 2TE set and do some smash.

27: R1 P27 G O'Cyrus Torrence - Florida

59: R2 P28 LB Jack Campbell - Iowa

91: R3 P28 TE Luke Schoonmaker - Michigan

130: R4 P28 S Jordan Battle - Alabama

137: R5 P2 C Ricky Stromberg - Arkansas

205: R6 P28 G T.J. Bass - Oregon

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.