No trade Mock Drafts

RyanC883

18 minutes ago, Yantha said:

The longer I look....  the weaker this O-line class looks.  Hoping we address the O-line heavilly in the free agency so that we don't have to rely on this draft.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a new right tackle and a new OG in free agency as INSTANT worry-free upgrades?

Like Derrick Dockery  and Langston McKinney?  Forgive me as I disagree,  and see more value at talent in the draft.  

• Like (+1) 1

27: R1 P27 OT Paris Johnson Jr. - Ohio State

59: R2 P28 C John Michael Schmitz - Minnesota

91: R3 P28 WR A.T. Perry - Wake Forest

130: R4 P28 RB Tank Bigsby - Auburn

139: R5 P3 EDGE Dylan Horton - TCU

164: R5 P28 LB Ventrell Miller - Florida

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bigvinny said:

Ya gotta love a running back named Tank Bigsby! 👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Yantha said:

The longer I look....  the weaker this O-line class looks.  Hoping we address the O-line heavilly in the free agency so that we don't have to rely on this draft.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a new right tackle and a new OG in free agency as INSTANT worry-free upgrades?

I don't know about any free agent tackles being much of an upgrade, but most certainly there's at least three guards that would make a very positive impact on this offensive line. 

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Special K said:

How much will this board melt down if Antonio Johnson S Texas A&M is the first round pick?

If the Bills don’t re-sign Poyer, there is a good chance he will be the pick, IMO.

I could see it. I do think there will be a meltdown when it is a defensive player. However, I don't think they will be willing to rely on a rookie at that spot. I like Sydney Brown just because he seems like a really good projection into our system having played in that Lovie Smith-style Tampa 2. 

But I think the linebacker and safety holes are more likely to be filled with young vets. Perhaps another underappreciated slow corner (like Hyde and Poyer were) who can make the switch. I just don't think they will be willing to stick a rookie in that spot aside from maybe Brian Branch or Brown. I love Johnson, but I'm not sure if it is the perfect fit. But that is JMO.  

15 hours ago, Yantha said:

Beane really needs to pull 2 more rabbits out of the hat like he did with daryl Williams (albeit success for only for 1 season)

4 hours ago, Bigvinny said:

I’ll be sad if AT Perry is the only WR we draft and if he’s our pick in rd 3.  I really about this guy getting any type of separation in the nfl

57 minutes ago, Special K said:

How much will this board melt down if Antonio Johnson S Texas A&M is the first round pick?

If the Bills don’t re-sign Poyer, there is a good chance he will be the pick, IMO.

Yeah I could see this.  He’s a helluva player and could be BPA.  I’d love the player while hating the pick 

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah I could see this.  He’s a helluva player and could be BPA.  I’d love the player while hating the pick 

Beane likes to draft freak athletes, and I think Johnson certainly fits that mold.

Obviously, how things shake out in Free Agency will give us a much clearer idea of what positions the Bills will be focusing on in the Draft.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Special K said:

If Beane has any self-awareness at all he will do anything other than draft a safety in the 1st round. Trade down if that's the only 1st round grade they have left. He has yet to draft a non-premium position in the 1st round, depending on how you count Edmunds. I'll be shocked if he does this.

In this scenario, the Bills land TWO interior linemen Free Agents, plus some "insurance" at runningback for relatively cheap.  We get some pretty good competition to replace Poyer, while also looking at Hyde's future with the team in the NEAR future...  He's next at over 30...

- Gone:  Poyer, Edmunds and Singletary (Cook gets the start)

ScreenShot2023-03-03at7_21_53AM.thumb.png.b3729c45cab41dbf6bb9ddc0d8f194f5.png

Edited by Yantha

On 2/28/2023 at 10:04 PM, Yantha said:

agree.  the OG and C look okay to me in the class, but the OTs are not deep, IMO.  

On 3/1/2023 at 9:22 AM, Bigvinny said:

There’s no way on God’s green earth that Paris Johnson will be available at 27, there’s no way. I am a firm believer in drafting the best WR available at 27 because I think there will be a few but Paris Johnson is a top 10 LT and a franchise LT at that.

On 1/27/2023 at 1:10 PM, RyanC883 said:

Jarrett Patterson

OG Notre Dame

(best C in draft.  Can also play G.) 

The problem with Patteron is his severe lack of athletic ability. He is a backup at best and will be drafted Day 3, if at all. 33rd's NFL-style big board has him rated at 5.80:

5.70 – 5.89 - 7th Rounder - Bottom of Roster, Practice Squad

https://www.the33rdteam.com/nfl-draft/2023/players/jarrett-patterson-35554/

• Thank you (+1) 1

Here's a crazy thought. We are all challenged to find that #27 pick. Colts are desperate to get a QB since Luck retired.  They could use the 1st we give them to help trade up and get the QB of their choice. Would it be worth it to call them, offer them our 1st for Pittman? Last year of his rookie deal, they drafted Pierce last year. I think he would be a GREAT#2 and probably better than any wr we could get at 27, then next year we have a choice of keeping Davis or Pittman. More than likely to cost around the same to extend either one of them.🤔 Just thinking out loud.

On 3/5/2023 at 12:34 AM, chongli said:

The problem with Patteron is his severe lack of athletic ability. He is a backup at best and will be drafted Day 3, if at all. 33rd's NFL-style big board has him rated at 5.80:

5.70 – 5.89 - 7th Rounder - Bottom of Roster, Practice Squad

https://www.the33rdteam.com/nfl-draft/2023/players/jarrett-patterson-35554/

I don’t know. Not allowing any sacks playing at ND is impressive.  I think walter football has him as a top 5 G/C. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.