No trade Mock Drafts

RyanC883

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

here is what I got today: 

Bijan Robinson

RB Texas

(do I want a RB in the 1st round.  No.  But this guy is a top 10 talent, and will make the offense better, assuming Daboll commits to a running game.  A day 1 weapon for Allen, and the only day 1 weapon available when I drafted).  

Darnell Wright

OT Tennessee

(OT who allowed no sacks last year)

DeMarvion Overshown

LB Texas

(big 6-4 rangy LB.  Edmunds replacement) 

Trey Palmer

WR Nebraska

(fast, big WR.  route-tree may be somewhat limited, but that should be fixable) 

Jaquelin Roy

DT LSU

(Oliver replacement.  Strong and can hold-up blockers and clog the middle) 

Nathaniel Dell

WR Houston

(small, fast WR.  Future Beasley replacement if he can develop a route tree.  For now, may be a KR or a threat to take the top off).  

How does Daboll committing to a run game with the Giants affect our offense, lol ....  

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

download.png

Not an RB first round guy, but if he's there, I think I take him. Got two linemen I like and a Tremaine replacement. Struggled to find a receiver late. I really like Riley Moss as well. 

Right now there are 10 running backs who ran for over 800 yards in 2022 scheduled to hit UFA.............plus another in Joe Mixon will join them when he's likely cut.

Probably the most loaded UFA class at one position since the advent of UFA.

Bills probably won't be shopping in the top 10-12.........but the next 10-12 producers are all worthy of splitting carries with James Cook and should be $3M cap hit types.    

If you get a Kareem Hunt or Raheem Mostert in late March after the first wave is over........are you still drafting Bijan?

• Like (+1) 3

Only on TBD do fans believe that taking a RD1 RB will work. 

Somehow it's a value-added decision that will take the ball out of your franchise QB's hands, diverts resources from the OL and WR, and means your 2nd round pick from last year has fewer touches.  

Did taking Spiller with Marshawn and Fred on the roster not happen?  That's be a straight-up Buddy Nix level duncery-type call. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Right now there are 10 running backs who ran for over 800 yards in 2022 scheduled to hit UFA.............plus another in Joe Mixon will join them when he's likely cut.

Probably the most loaded UFA class at one position since the advent of UFA.

Bills probably won't be shopping in the top 10-12.........but the next 10-12 producers are all worthy of splitting carries with James Cook and should be $3M cap hit types.    

If you get a Kareem Hunt or Raheem Mostert in late March after the first wave is over........are you still drafting Bijan?

Honestly I don’t want them to spend on an RB. I would not like drafting an RB in a round 1, but at 27, if this guy is Taylor/Barkley you get some elite production for dirt cheap. I am a no RB, RT, IOL guy in the first round unless that guy is elite. 

The way the board fell in that mock, WR were gone and I wasn’t taking a guard. Not ideal, but I could live with it if he is that special. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Honestly I don’t want them to spend on an RB. I would not like drafting an RB in a round 1, but at 27, if this guy is Taylor/Barkley you get some elite production for dirt cheap. I am a no RB, RT, IOL guy in the first round unless that guy is elite. 

The way the board fell in that mock, WR were gone and I wasn’t taking a guard. Not ideal, but I could live with it if he is that special. 

Robinson is a top 5 talent in this draft.  He's the only back I'd consider taking this entire draft.  If he's there at 27 I think we have to take him.   At 27, what true first round talent is still going to be there?  Very few, if any WRs are true first rounders in this draft IMO.  I think we can still get a good WR in the second and good OL help in the 3rd and 4th.  I don't personally think Robinson is going to be there for us to take at 27 anyway, but there's still a possibility even if small.

If there's not true first round talent when we're up, I've open to the idea of even trading out of the first and trying to get into the early second. I think we can still get our WR and our OL needs filled and get another pick in the process.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

download.png

Not an RB first round guy, but if he's there, I think I take him. Got two linemen I like and a Tremaine replacement. Struggled to find a receiver late. I really like Riley Moss as well. 

I've pounded the table for years to not pick RBs in the first and don't pay RBs. But after watching the playoffs/superbowl and what Hall did for the jets. A weapon like Robinson changes my stance. I don't care about past picks, Robinson might be the closest to a saquon prospect we've seen. And he's better than Breece Hall. I'd take Robinson and draft upside WRs and Oline with every pick after.

Edited by Norcalbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

As I do these, the receivers always seem to get snatched up. I keep winding up with a DE, LT, DB or Bijan.

If you can get Jerry Jeudy for that 27th pick..........knowing you have one cheap year and a 5th year option left on him........do you make that deal?    

My guess is with there being less sure-thing WR's they might be able to get a higher 1st rounder........but I also don't know how the league views Jeudy or his attitude/coachability etc..

26 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If you can get Jerry Jeudy for that 27th pick..........knowing you have one cheap year and a 5th year option left on him........do you make that deal?    

My guess is with there being less sure-thing WR's they might be able to get a higher 1st rounder........but I also don't know how the league views Jeudy or his attitude/coachability etc..

Yeah I would do that deal. A cost controlled player like that across from Diggs is a great fit. The Broncos dont have a pick u til the third round, so maybe there is a deal to be had there somewhere. I think Juedy is ready to break out. 

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Man i would be tempted to pull the trigger on that one, Jeudy was my favorite of the recent crop of Bama receivers.

But yes i would like to know what's held him back, attitude or systems quarterback. If it's the later he is a supreme talent i believe.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Honest question because I don’t know: is Jeudy actually any good?

34 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Honest question because I don’t know: is Jeudy actually any good?

Its tough to tell. A lot of flashes. He’s had multiple OCs and some really awful qb play, including a terrible Wilson this year. He’s an excellent route runner, has deep speed, makes contested catches. He was pretty much their number 1 this year. I think there is more in there ready to bust open, but he needs to be unleashed. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Only on TBD do fans believe that taking a RD1 RB will work. 

Somehow it's a value-added decision that will take the ball out of your franchise QB's hands, diverts resources from the OL and WR, and means your 2nd round pick from last year has fewer touches.  

Did taking Spiller with Marshawn and Fred on the roster not happen?  That's be a straight-up Buddy Nix level duncery-type call. 

yeah, D. Henry is a dud.  So is Barkley.   

It's providing another weapon for Allen so he doesn't have to do it all himself.  Also, in a no-trade mock, Robinson is often by far the BPA.  It's better than target positions of "need" regardless of skill, and end up with AJ, Boogie, and Groot.  

Edited by RyanC883

19 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Not quite sure he's worth a first rounder.  Jeudy and the second of their two 3rd rounders is more of what I'd be looking for there.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.