No trade Mock Drafts

RyanC883

I want the Bills to draft O-line, but I couldn’t pass up the players that were available to me in this mock!

1st:  

Michael Mayer TE Notre Dame

2nd: 

Jalin Hiatt WR Tennessee 

3rd:

Israel Abanikanda RB Pitt

Talk about adding weapons for Josh Allen!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

It's Friday.  Let's do some mock drafts.  This one is from pro football network's program: 

Anton Harrison

OT Oklahoma

(appears to be very athletic, and solid in run and pass blocking) 

Cedric Tillman

WR Tennessee

(injured last year, year before put up monster numbers.  Big WR.  Next D. Adams or that guy from Seattle whose name escapes me).  

Joe Tippmann

OC Wisconsin

(don't know a ton about him, but gave up 0 sacks his senior year.  Appears capable...my guy Patterson was gone by this point).  

Ronnie Hickman

S Ohio State

(know nothing about him.  @YoloinOhio might?) 

Kendre Miller

RB TCU

(physical RB according to what I've read)  

Deshawn Pace

LB Cincinnati

(not a physical back, but good in zone coverage and reading a QB.  Seems like an Edmunds replacement.)  

Analysis not all mine.  Too a lot from https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/

• Like (+1) 1

Screenshot 2023-02-03 12.09.37.png

Help for Josh opposite Diggs is a must. I'd like to see a lot of Rice or Boutte opposite Diggs and Shakir in the slot next season.

If all the top prospect WRs are gone when we get to #27, I'd rather trade out of the first round and get another pick or two and maybe get one of the higher ranked OT's or perhaps a linebacker with one of these picks assuming Edmunds walks.

Torrence is potentially Poyer's replacement and with Damar's future up in the air, we need help at Safety.

Wooden is to replace Oliver, who I'd rather seen traded for whatever we can get for him.  His salary vs production is ridiculous.

Turner is simply some more help for our Corners since we have questions with Tre and Dane is not the star Romo thinks he is.

Would love to see us sign Mostert and have him and Cook in the backfield.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billz4ever said:

Screenshot 2023-02-03 12.09.37.png

Help for Josh opposite Diggs is a must. I'd like to see a lot of Boutte opposite Diggs and Shakir in the slot next season.

If all the top prospect WRs are gone when we get to #27, I'd rather trade out of the first round and get another pick or two and maybe get one of the higher ranked OT's or perhaps a linebacker with one of these picks assuming Edmunds walks.

Torrence is potentially Poyer's replacement and with Damar's future up in the air, we need help at Safety.

Wooden is to replace Oliver, who I'd rather seen traded for whatever we can get for him.  His salary vs production is ridiculous.

Turner is simply some more help for our Corners since we have questions with Tre and Dane is not the star Romo thinks he is.

Would love to see us sign Mostert and have him and Cook in the backfield.

I don’t think Boutte is going to be a consideration for any team in round 1, but who knows?  He is reportedly highly talented, but he wasn’t really dominant in college.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I don’t think Boutte is going to be a consideration for any team in round 1, but who knows?  He is reportedly highly talented, but he wasn’t really dominant in college.

Seeing him first round in many draft projections.  Him or Rice are my preference there. Outside of those two, all the other top prospects are really slot guys and I highly doubt any of them would drop all the way down to us in the second.

Edited by Billz4ever

31 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Seeing him first round in many draft projections.  Him or Rice are my preference there. Outside of those two, all the other top prospects are really slot guys and I highly doubt any of them would drop all the way down to us in the second.

I think because the WR class is not as good as years past, some are projecting guys like Boutte and Rice into the first.  I just don’t want to see them reach for wr just to get one if there are better players available at other positions, like OT, G, C.

Rice and Boutte seem on different paths. Rice seems to have helped his stock with a good year where Boutte was hyped highly going in, but failed to really show he was a first rounder.  Maybe both will go early, if I had to choose one I’d take Rice, but I would lean OL there because I don’t think either Rice or Boutte are real game changers.  Long way to go before the draft and I could change me opinion when I see some game tape of each.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think because the WR class is not as good as years past, some are projecting guys like Boutte and Rice into the first.  I just don’t want to see them reach for wr just to get one if there are better players available at other positions, like OT, G, C.

Rice and Boutte seem on different paths. Rice seems to have helped his stock with a good year where Boutte was hyped highly going in, but failed to really show he was a first rounder.  Maybe both will go early, if I had to choose one I’d take Rice, but I would lean OL there because I don’t think either Rice or Boutte are real game changers.  Long way to go before the draft and I could change me opinion when I see some game tape of each.

I see plenty of good OL outside the first.  There's but only a couple elite O-line this year, so there's plenty of talent to be had in the second and even the third.  

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

I see plenty of good OL outside the first.  There's but only a couple elite O-line this year, so there's plenty of talent to be had in the second and even the third.  

If the talent lines up with our picks, remember the Bills’ 2nd round pick is only a few picks from being top of 3rd round and their 3rd is nearly a 4th rounder.  All things being equal, I’d hope for 2 good OL in this draft.  One more OL isn’t going to fix that group.

I agree that WR is a big need.  If they go that way, I’d look at Josh Downs before Boutte.  Rice might be ok.

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

If the talent lines up with our picks, remember the Bills’ 2nd round pick is only a few picks from being top of 3rd round and their 3rd is nearly a 4th rounder.  All things being equal, I’d hope for 2 good OL in this draft.  One more OL isn’t going to fix that group.

I agree that WR is a big need.  If they go that way, I’d look at Josh Downs before Boutte.  Rice might be ok.

Downs is a talent but he's really a slot guy though. Not sure we need that. If none of the top guys are there, I'd rather trade out of the first and get more picks.

4 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Downs is a talent but he's really a slot guy though. Not sure we need that. If none of the top guys are there, I'd rather trade out of the first and get more picks.

Slot is where Boutte played a lot, too.  I agree Downs’ size really limits him to that and Boutte at least has decent size to play out wide, but not sure he did it much.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

That's where I come down as well. 

Slot was a mess last year, with McKenzie not consistent, Shakir playing snaps but never seeing the ball, Beasley having to be called back in at 33 years old. 

Verses the need to push Gabe on the outside. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

That's where I come down as well. 

Slot was a mess last year, with McKenzie not consistent, Shakir playing snaps but never seeing the ball, Beasley having to be called back in at 33 years old. 

Verses the need to push Gabe on the outside. 

Gabe has dominated from the slot when used there hasn't he?

Ideally we draft a true outside WR and acquire another via trade or signing 

Diggs excels from everywhere and should be moved around much more.

Diggs
Trade/Signing  (Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Brandin Cooks, OBJ, etc) 
Top 3 Rounds Rookie

Davis

Shakir

Of course, none of that will happen.....

Edited by Warriorspikes51

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Gabe has dominated from the slot when used there hasn't he?

Ideally we draft a true outside WR and acquire another via trade or signing 

Diggs excels from everywhere and should be moved around much more.

Diggs
Trade/Signing  (Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Brandin Cooks, OBJ, etc) 
Top 3 Rounds Rookie

Davis

Shakir

That would be ideal.  

Mike Evans or DeAndre Hopkins (with the money that was supposed to go to Tremaine Edmunds) and double down with a draft pick Smith-Ngijba, Flowers, Downs. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I’ve never understood this fixation with draft rounds. It’s actually just a long list of players being taken one after the other. The segregation into rounds is really just terminology. Heck, with so many traded picks it’s not even like each team gets only one per round anymore. You simply take who you believe to be the best guy at a position of need when your turn comes up before someone behind you takes him. 

• Like (+1) 1

27. O'Cyrus Torrence -G Florida. If he's there at 27, he's not only the best guard in the draft, the best IOL in the draft,but most likely the best player in the draft at the bottom of the 1st. He simply stonewalled opponents in the Senior Bowl practice.  People weren't getting around him and certainly weren't knocking him backward.  A big hole just got filled at guard with a day 1 starter.

59. Darnell Wright - OT Tenn.  "go big or go home" continues for pick 2. Big, moves well and held up very well at the Senior Bowl.  The only time he was really beaten was by Will McDonald (see below).  He takes over for Brown at RT unless Brown shows marked improvement over last year.

91. Will McDonald - Edge Iowa St.  As painful as it using more resources on an under performing pass rushing group, there is no speed rusher outside of Von Miller.  McDonald is the closest to that.  He was very productive at Iowa St. despite being used as a 5 tech half the time. A wicked spin move and still learning the game.  He got a really late start to football.

130. Trey Palmer - WR Nebraska.  One year wonder or a breakout year at Nebraska after transferring from LSU?  Take your pick.  He's shown the ability to get up, including deep, at the Senior Bowl.  Had the 2nd fastest top speed there, based on the GPS radar gun thingy at 21.75 mph.

139.  Jammie Robinson S FSU.  Liked him before this week, like him ore now.  Loves to make plays no matter where he is on the field.

164. Isaiah Davis RB south Dakota St.  For a bigger back in the stable.  6'0" 220 lbs who ran for more than 1500 yards last year and 15 TDs for the DII national champions.  An arm tackle or a bump won't bring him down.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

There are exceptions

When Henry Ruggs came out, did anybody expect him to flop the way that he did?

On 2/2/2023 at 11:11 AM, OldTimer1960 said:

Henry Riggs didn’t.

I guess it's pretty tough to blossom into a high-end number 1 receiver when you are awaiting jail time for Aggravated Vehicular Homicide.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.