No trade Mock Drafts

RyanC883

On 1/28/2023 at 12:59 PM, Bill from NYC said:

Outstanding, but will Hyatt last until late round 2? 

This site thinks he won't even make it till the second.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Jalin-Hyatt-WR-Tennessee#:~:text=Scouting Report%3A Summary,round pick Alabama's Jameson Williams.

If the Bills love him and he's as fast as they say and there's some confidence he can expand his route tree, take him in the first. Don't overthink it. We'll get two good O-lineman with the 2nd and 3rd picks.

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, Johnny3410 said:

27. O'Cyrus Torrence

OG Florida

59. Cedric Tillman

WR Tennessee

91. Tyler Steen

OT Alabama

130. Ronnie Hickman

S Ohio State

139. Dorian Williams

LB Tulane

164. DJ Turner

CB Michigan

As a life long Crimson Tide Fan, I must say that I am not overly thrilled by Steen, even though a 3rd is not a terribly high risk for a LT.

My thing is that he isn't great  at run blocking or pass blocking and isn't terribly strong, or at least does not seem to be. I am very curious to see his bench numbers with 225 at the combines. He truly was the worst LT that Alabama has fielded in more than 10 years. That said, he is smart and I guess that there is room for improvement.

I will evaluate all of the draft eligible players on the college board before the draft.

On 1/30/2023 at 4:21 PM, Victory Formation said:

Need safety help and we need another starter at LB. I think that the first two rounds should 100% absolutely be offense though.

I may be terrible, but I am really looking at Safety.  Chase and Hurst running wide open for TDs has left an imprint on my mind.  I need a Safety in the top 50.  

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I may be terrible, but I am really looking at Safety.  Chase and Hurst running wide open for TDs has left an imprint on my mind.  I need a Safety in the top 50.  

I've got safety high too, and I don't see why that makes you terrible?

Yes we've been blessed to have a top tandem for many years, but they are both on the wrong side of 30.  That's life in the NFL.

In my latest mock, I went with TWO Alabama safeties....

Edited by Yantha

On 1/27/2023 at 1:56 PM, ngbills said:

PFF Mock:

Anton Harrison

T Oklahoma

(best available at position of need, rookie starter) 

Jalin Hyatt

WR Tennessee

(weapon with speed) 

Steve Avila

G TCU

(another potential OL starter)  

Olusegun Oluwatimi

C Michigan

(Another OL, Morse future replacement) 

Riley Moss

CB Iowa

(Need DB help, first year contributor) 

Deuce Vaughn

RB Kansas State

(Depth in RB room)

Cameron Latu

TE Alabama

(Solid TE2)

Jadon Haselwood

WR Arkansas

(Has size, practice squad)

Now this is more like it.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

You can try to will Jalin Hyatt to pick 59 in your mocks all you want, but he’s not making it there. This is a weak draft and FA class at WR, so guys will get overpaid and overdrafted. 

Jalin Hyatt is worth the #27 at face value anyways. All SEC WRs that ran sub 4.4 and posted at least one 1,000 yard season went in the first round. Not only did they go in the first round, every single example the WR with similar stats went on or are looking like all pros. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

39 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I don't like this mindset. The Bills shouldn't be thinking defense. Fraizer and McD have shown that their defensive scheme doesn't work in the playoffs. Neglect the defense and go all in on the offense! Load up on the  OL and WRs. Give Allen the best chance to outscore teams. That's the only viable way the Bills win. 

12 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Jalin Hyatt is worth the #27 at face value anyways. All SEC WRs that ran sub 4.4 and posted at least one 1,000 yard season went in the first round. Not only did they go in the first round, every single example the WR with similar stats went on or are looking like all pros. 

I think this is a risk that the Bills have to take, but it is a risk. The fear is that Hyatt is John Ross. Ross is also blazing fast and had a single breakout year in college. He also had a limited route tree in college. Ross never adjusted to playing in a pro offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I think this is a risk that the Bills have to take, but it is a risk. The fear is that Hyatt is John Ross. Ross is also blazing fast and had a single breakout year in college. He also had a limited route tree in college. Ross never adjusted to playing in a pro offense. 

I like what he represents, leans into Josh's arm strength. 

But I agree, he's a go-route runner and there isn't much data on how he does against press coverage. 

Diggs runs every route, and is just fast enough to allow deep routes as well. A more polished WR underneath may be a "safer" path. 

Once Hyatt runs a 4.31, he might not be there anyways. 

The other interesting nuiance to this is outside WR verses the slot. Jaxson Smith-Njigba would take over the starting slot role immediately, but the potential ramifications are Gabe is still starting on the outside, and Kahlil Shakir doesn't factor in. 

The Bills tried Davis a full time starter on the outside and it was a failure. Simply entrusting Shakir to the starting slot role next year would be a risk, although he has looked capable in 30% - 40% playing time. 

It may come down to, just take the best WR on the board at 27 regardless of position. 

31 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't like this mindset. The Bills shouldn't be thinking defense. Fraizer and McD have shown that their defensive scheme doesn't work in the playoffs. Neglect the defense and go all in on the offense! Load up on the  OL and WRs. Give Allen the best chance to outscore teams. That's the only viable way the Bills win. 

I kind of agree here. 

Oliver, Rousseau, Epenesa, Basham, Elam, there has been alot of defensive investment. 

Coaches need to get more out of those players. 

The offensive progress stopped because Diggs is the last A talent that has been added. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Henry Riggs didn’t.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.