No trade Mock Drafts

RyanC883

4 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Depends how well he shows he can move.  He is HUGE, but can he move well enough?  He is probably too tall to move to G.

One of the benefits of being 6’8 is that his wingspan is huge. Meaning, if he even gets one hand on a speed rusher, it’s over. And As a lineman, how athletic do you need to be? Pretty much any D-lineman you put in front of him will get handled, it’s almost not fair.

23 hours ago, FireChans said:

Mayer won’t last til 27. Also, not interested in another highly paid TE to not throw to.

Fine.

Another 3rd round RB will make my head explode. 

Fine.

Fine.

fine.

Overall, would absolutely HATE this draft. 

yeah could only use what the simulator gives.  If we take Mayer and don’t throw to him and Knox I’d lose it.  

Need a RB eventually as Singletary is gone. Try the sim yourself, interested to see your thoughts! 

22 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

We need a true WR2, not another TE, IMO.  We don't hardly throw to the one we have unless it's near the endzone.

If Patterson falls that far in the second round, we'd better take him.  We'd be stupid not to.

I agree.  Was no No 2 WR left at that point.  He was the closest thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

One of the benefits of being 6’8 is that his wingspan is huge. Meaning, if he even gets one hand on a speed rusher, it’s over. And As a lineman, how athletic do you need to be? Pretty much any D-lineman you put in front of him will get handled, it’s almost not fair.

See Spencer Brown.  He is exceptionally tall with long arms too, but so far has not been very good at pass blocking.

I am still hopeful that Brown, who had basically no offseason strength training due to his back, can make a big jump next year - if his back is healthy.

That being said, I would not be opposed to an OT early - especially one who could play G if Brown improves or play RT if Brown doesn’t.

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

See Spencer Brown.  He is exceptionally tall with long arms too, but so far has not been very good at pass blocking.

I am still hopeful that Brown, who had basically no offseason strength training due to his back, can make a big jump next year - if his back is healthy.

That being said, I would not be opposed to an OT early - especially one who could play G if Browns improves or play RT if Brown doesn’t.

Edited by OldTimer1960
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Hate that draft honestly. We already have an overpaid TE, and where is our WR help?  We need a #2 and a slot WR desperately this year.  Te at #1 is no bueno

would have to get War in FA.  I didn’t want to just draft a WR over BPA.  Mayer makes the passing offense better if Dorsey figures out how to call/design plays.  He’s also a great blocker. 

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

would have to get War in FA.  I didn’t want to just draft a WR over BPA.  Mayer makes the passing offense better if Dorsey figures out how to call/design plays.  He’s also a great blocker. 

This is likely going to be the problem with taking WR at 27.  At that spot, you are likely taking a compromise WR for need over better players at other positions.  

Maybe someone like Rashee Rice will show that he deserves a late round 1 selection, but as of now looks like they won’t get a sniff of the two top prospects in Johnston and Addison.  I love what I’ve seen of a couple slot receivers, but can you really take a slot only guy that early and think that is a better plan than an OT or other premium position player that can be more versatile?

• Agree 1

On 1/27/2023 at 4:10 PM, RyanC883 said:

Post em' here.  I'll start: 

Michael Mayer

TE Notre Dame

(BPA, 2 TE sets will be crazy.  Great catcher, great blocker.).  

Jarrett Patterson

OG Notre Dame

(best C in draft.  Can also play G.) 

Israel Abanikanda

RB Pittsburgh

(need another RB, perhaps too similar to Cook?)  

Wanya Morris

OT Oklahoma

(OT is a need, got a strong one here) 

Keeanu Benton

DT Wisconsin

(I know nothing about him.  Needed a DT, and was BPA based on the Pro Football Network simulator) 

Garrett Williams

CB Syracuse

(very athletic CB.  Ball hawking, run-supporting).  

I'm not going to invest much time in this little exercise...but I would talk a safety and a LB/ edge rusher before a DT and CB

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Being tall, as an offense of lineman actually affects you more in the running game

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

Third f***ing year in a row that I say O-Line, O-Line, O-Line.

Yet here we are trying to solve a run blocking and pass blocking problem with Bijan Robinson, Devin Singletary, Zach Moss, and James Cook.

Ordinarily, I would say that trying to narrow it down to one position in those high pics is a recipe for disaster if the talent is not there but in recent years those high pics that were used on ol have panned out

this is where I am going this year with my first round pick in the second round we need to find someone like Watson of Green Bay

On 1/27/2023 at 4:32 PM, FireChans said:

Mayer won’t last til 27. Also, not interested in another highly paid TE to not throw to.

Fwiw Dorsey was the reason we tried the OJ Howard FA experiment, as he wanted to run more 2TE sets. Never got that chance this year b/c Howard was garbage. Not saying it’d be worth the round 1 pick, but Mayer (if he’s even there, yes) would be a nice added weapon for both Josh and Dorsey. 

Personally I wanna see OL, and early, lots of it.

13 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Ordinarily, I would say that trying to narrow it down to one position in those high pics is a recipe for disaster if the talent is not there but in recent years those high pics that were used on ol have panned out

this is where I am going this year with my first round pick in the second round we need to find someone like Watson of Green Bay

The thing is that Watson went 34th - 25 picks earlier than the Bills 2nd round pick this year.  34th is only 7 later than the Bills 1st pick.  

I am just highlighting that there is a big difference between an early pick and a late pick in the same round.

23 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

The thing is that Watson went 34th - 25 picks earlier than the Bills 2nd round pick this year.  34th is only 7 later than the Bills 1st pick.  

I am just highlighting that there is a big difference between an early pick and a late pick in the same round.

That’s fine, but I’m more looking at a wide receiver in the late first round with Watson type ability

We can find an offensive lineman in the second and hopefully we are back in that up with a quality, free agent one of the few free agents we’re gonna be able to afford this year

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

That’s fine, but I’m more looking at a wide receiver in the late first round with Watson type ability

We can find an offensive lineman in the second and hopefully we are back in that up with a quality, free agent one of the few free agents we’re gonna be able to afford this year

We’ll have to see if any of the prospects show that kind of talent through the Shrine and Senior Bowl games and the combine.  Would love to find a very good outside WR prospect, but if one isn’t there, totally comfortable going OL, especially OT if a better prospect is available.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just putting down my first.  I'm still not sold on WR being a must draft for the 1st-3rd.  I'm seeing a great future for Shakir, and I've not given up on Gabe Davis like some have.  With a retooled O-line, Allen will have more time on his hands as well.  Davis will bounce back I think.  

I went with Corner in the first mainly because of the prospect that was sitting there.  I wouldn't hesitate on Corner in the first if it fell the right way.  I'm way more concerned with White, than I am with Davis.  I'll put it that way I guess.  I did pick a WR, allbeit in the 6th.

I also went with Linebacker higher than most.  Klein's replacement.

Tackle in the second and two picks on OG's.

Depth on the DL and one of the hardest "enforcer" type safeties in the draft (IMO...).  

Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 9.39.29 PM.png

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/28/2023 at 3:56 PM, OldTimer1960 said:

This is likely going to be the problem with taking WR at 27.  At that spot, you are likely taking a compromise WR for need over better players at other positions.  

Maybe someone like Rashee Rice will show that he deserves a late round 1 selection, but as of now looks like they won’t get a sniff of the two top prospects in Johnston and Addison.  I love what I’ve seen of a couple slot receivers, but can you really take a slot only guy that early and think that is a better plan than an OT or other premium position player that can be more versatile?

I completely agree Johnson and Addison will be out-of-reach...But beyond those two...For the Bills at least...Because they already have Diggs, Davis, Shakir, and probably Beasley for a year...I like Jalin Hyatt better than any other WR by a bit...He could have a Wilson/Waddle effect for Buffalo...He's electric...B-)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.