Good listen

John from Riverside

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

And yet the Bengals only scored 7 points in the 3rd quarter, and only 3 points in the 4th. 10 second half points. 

On our only TD drive we rushed about as many times as we did for the rest of the game. 

Had we had two more drives like that at any point in the game, it puts us within a FG of tying or a TD of taking the lead... And the Bengals would have had fewer drives that they did, not more. 

Lmao, I think there's something hilarious about saying, "the Bills just needed to put up 14 more points to win" in a game they could only score on two drives.

Game was over after the first Q.

27 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Lmao, I think there's something hilarious about saying, "the Bills just needed to put up 14 more points to win" in a game they could only score on two drives.

Game was over after the first Q.

The only drive they committed to running the ball against the Bengals nickel defense was the only drive they scored a TD on. 

It's similar to the New England weather game in a sense. The winds blowing left to right at like 50 mph and they refuse to set the FG up on the left hash. And lo and  behold Bass misses wide right from the right hash. Now we can't win the game with another FG from the left hash, we have to score a TD into fierce winds. 

They refuse to accept the reality of the situation and adjust accordingly. 

It's also why the Giants won Super Bowl 25 and the Bills lost to a team with far less talent. They exploited the Bills weakness and the Bills refused to take what was being given to them until it was almost too late. 

What I'm suggesting is that the Bills coaching refuses to look at the other team's weakness's to exploit. And had they done so it could have been a more competitive game.

Instead they give their best RB only 6 carries on a sloppy day and let Josh throw 25 incompletions on low percentage passes. 

Coaching certainly was not the only reason the game was lost. But it was the only thing that could have kept them in the game. And coaching failed as miserably as the offensive and defensive execution. 

Edited by Motorin'

I’m very concerned this coaching staff is going to burn Josh out. There’s too much on his plate, he can’t be expected to carry this team every single game and that’s what they ask of him. Dorsey is a problem, he looked every bit the rookie coordinator he is. I don’t care about stats, his offense didn’t pass the eye test since the Green Bay game. He got figured out and made little to no adjustments. Every game is hike the ball and Josh go make a play. Can’t win in the playoffs like that.

Beane was real defensive in his presser and I’m glad. It means he’s feeling some heat for the first time and maybe it will help him make the changes that need to be made. The D-line is a disaster with all his premium draft picks making little impact. If he really believes those players have the talent then he needs to fire Washington because they haven’t developed. Frazier will not have his contract renewed. I refuse to believe Beane is going to look at 3 straight playoff failures where the D gave up 30+ points and not think major changes are coming.

This is the biggest offseason of the McBeane era and will determine our next few years. 

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

The only drive they committed to running the ball against the Bengals nickel defense was the only drive they scored a TD on. 

It's similar to the New England weather game in a sense. The winds blowing left to right at like 50 mph and they refuse to set the FG up on the left hash. And lo and  behold Bass misses wide right from the right hash. Now we can't win the game with another FG from the left hash, we have to score a TD into fierce winds. 

They refuse to accept the reality of the situation and adjust accordingly. 

It's also why the Giants won Super Bowl 25 and the Bills lost to a team with far less talent. They exploited the Bills weakness and the Bills refused to take what was being given to them until it was almost too late. 

What I'm suggesting is that the Bills coaching refuses to look at the other team's weakness's to exploit. And had they done so it could have been a more competitive game.

Instead they give their best RB only 6 carries on a sloppy day and let Josh throw 25 incompletions on low percentage passes. 

Coaching certainly was not the only reason the game was lost. But it was the only thing that could have kept them in the game. And coaching failed as miserably as the offensive and defensive execution. 

They committed to running the ball second drive of the game. Run run pass punt. 14-0.

The offense was a massive problem, but the answer on Sunday was not “feed Singletary 20 times down 14.”

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

They committed to running the ball second drive of the game. Run run pass punt. 14-0.

The offense was a massive problem, but the answer on Sunday was not “feed Singletary 20 times down 14.”

You mean the two runs out of shotgun in 11 formation handing the ball to a stationary RB that didn't work most of the year?

I'm talking about using heavy packages against their nickel D with pulling lineman and pin pull technique. It worked on the first drive in Cinci all the way down the field. But it was never used in Buffalo. 

I'm taking about using an advantage you have until you make the opponent adjust, which then opens up the aspect of the passing game that their nickel is designed to shut down. 

Instead Dorsey spammed the same concepts out of the same formation and got a whole 3 points in the second half. 

But getting physical on offense would have been a bad idea cause we were down 10 with the ball to start the second half. It would have been really dumb to run right at Hendrickson and muscle the ball down the field on the opening drive of the second half and try to establish a physically punishing presence. 

We needed to play softer with more finesse to have a chance... Got it. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.