Good listen

John from Riverside

I heard this live. The last stat about Buf not having a top 40 DL in pass rush win rate in the last 5 weeks is absurd . Groot he said was closest at 43.

That's our biggest problem. Every team left has game wreckers on their DL. Which is mandatory for a SB run. We tried but failed epically in the draft. 

We tried on the ol too. 2 big contracts at LT C. 2 2nd day picks at T. Multiple vets. Just didn't work out. 

At the same time. We were 14-4 and first 3 losses were by 8 points.  Could have went undefeated in the regular season but we all saw the issues down the stretch. 

We're a couple more impact players away from a SB. Have a generational talent at the most important position.  Beane has to have an effective off season and sort this out. 

4 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

First half of the year Diggs was on a record pace.

Second half he had far fewer targets and our offense declined.

Josh’s passer rating was over 120 when throwing to Stef.

Don’t understand why we didn’t feed him. Saw him open plenty of times where he didn’t get the ball. 

Same.  I would be screaming feed 14 every game recently.  

There was a stat where Davis had a 50 something % catch rate between 1-9 yards. 

Diggs was high 80%, as was Jefferson. Shakir looks like he can be a problem in the slot going forward. He's a nice piece 

We need a reliable #2 and let Gabe go back to where he was. A role player. We're closer than that last performance but still need obvious help. I'd draft and sign a WR by rd 2 if there's 1 available 

46 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Yeah but they missed on every DL pick they've made. Multiple bad picks 

Those defensive line pics of under performed with the exception of Groot, who I thought as play pretty well

It doesn’t change the overall picture a GM is not going to get fired whenever the team does well

Now, maybe you feel that a team that didn’t win the Super Bowl didn’t do well I disagree a 13 and three season is an excellent season

On 1/27/2023 at 11:44 AM, RG Murdock said:

Sadly, the Bills cake is already baked. The 4 D-Lineman Beane drafted in the 1st and 2nd round, are either stiffs (Epenesa - Basham), or not reliable disrupters (Oliver - Rousseau). A team just doesn't get away with such horrible picks, at the top of the draft over 3 years. Now the Bills are supposed to just "Find" some better players, with no money to spend? I don't see a quick way out. The O-Line is just as bad. Josh is single handedly keeping this team afloat! People must realize, McDermott and Beane didn't want to rely on Allen so much in 2022. They realized after a few games, that they had no choice!! The bills are who Beane made them to be. Now ONLY time, and brilliant drafting can save them. And given Beane's recent history (The last 3 years), I'm not betting on it. The Bills look to be a wildcard team for the next few years.        

While I think scheme, play calling, and execution are issues that contribute to the Bills problems the biggest issue is poor drafting focused on the defensive side and ignoring obvious needs on the Oline and at WR.  Likewise, I'm not expecting magic to happen which suddenly transforms the Bills drafting.  

Too much depends on Allen and I think this is a 7 win team without him.  They have cap issues and there aren't good players on the roster to replace any free agents that might be lost.

Another problem is the Jets and Dolphins seem to be getting their acts together and another poor draft in 2023 parks the Bills in 3rd place in the AFCE.  Immediate help is needed, not more developmental PS picks in the 3rd round.

21 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I know people want to re-imagine how it went..........because it was a terrible performance.........but once they got down 2 TD's they could not get the stops necessary to put up the 3 more scores than Cinci to win the game.  

And yet the Bengals only scored 7 points in the 3rd quarter, and only 3 points in the 4th. 10 second half points. 

On our only TD drive we rushed about as many times as we did for the rest of the game. 

Had we had two more drives like that at any point in the game, it puts us within a FG of tying or a TD of taking the lead... And the Bengals would have had fewer drives that they did, not more. 

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Those defensive line pics of under performed with the exception of Groot, who I thought as play pretty well

It doesn’t change the overall picture a GM is not going to get fired whenever the team does well

Now, maybe you feel that a team that didn’t win the Super Bowl didn’t do well I disagree a 13 and three season is an excellent season

Any season that ends without a championship is a failure. In fact the farther you go without winning it all is a worse failure because it cripples your drafting for no benefit 

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Part of the problem 

No, that’s just reality

One team wins the Super Bowl every year to sit there and say that every team that doesn’t win, the Super Bowl is a failure is just bull####

Just because you do not accomplish, your ultimate goal does not mean that you have to work on your season as a failure there are milestones to getting to the Super Bowl

Just now, John from Riverside said:

No, that’s just reality

One team wins the Super Bowl every year to sit there and say that every team that doesn’t win, the Super Bowl is a failure is just bull####

Just because you do not accomplish, your ultimate goal does not mean that you have to work on your season as a failure there are milestones to getting to the Super Bowl

Well, glad to know someone around here loves moral victories I guess 

3 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Well, glad to know someone around here loves moral victories I guess 

Yes, every team in the league because they don’t win the Super Bowl has a moral victory every year except one

oh wait not even that because there are some teams that don’t make the playoffs

Edited by John from Riverside

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Ultimately, yes. They failed at the highest level.

But it was still failure.

As bad as Schottenheimer? No. But he couldn't hold a candle to Walsh, Parcells, Gibbs or Johnson.

Because he didn’t win the ultimate prize he’s a failure

I don’t know whether to feel sorry for you or not

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.