Will we win the division next year?

Success

We are a wildcard team at best next year. We’ve hit out the ceiling with this regime and the rest of the division/conference knows how to beat us. The only thing the Bills have going for them is that Josh Allen is better than everyone and will find ways to win

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

We are a wildcard team at best next year. We’ve hit out the ceiling with this regime and the rest of the division/conference knows how to beat us. The only thing the Bills have going for them is that Josh Allen is better than everyone and will find ways to win

That “only thing” being Josh Allen is a very nice “only thing” to have and until the rest of the east can find a QB to challenge him, he will continue to win the division year after year barring injury.

• Like (+1) 2

The Pats have an OC and McCorkle. Who knows what they'll do.

The Jets have a great team but no QB. So they don't have a great team.

Miami built a team with twice as much talent as Brian Flores' teams but the same number of wins.

Yeah I think we're good. We still have Frazier though so the Division Round/AFCCG is our ceiling. 

33 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

The AFC east showed it can beat us already this year. I feel like next year we could regress & it could get alittle iffy. 

We were 3 plays and 8 total points away from being undefeated in the regular season.  

Everyone needs to let that sink in before posting threads about firings or are we still good/ can we still do it. 

Can the Bills get better? SURE.

Can they get worse?  SURE.

But let's slow down. 

Edited by loyal2dagame
  • Like (+1) 3

I would say at this point, yes.  Simply due to the fact that the teams in the AFC east are the same as they were at the end of the season (i.e. free agents haven't left/been added, no draft yet, etc.).  So just based on that I would say if all 4 teams fielded the same teams they did at the end of this season (obviously there will be changes on every team), then yes, the Bills win the AFC east.

It's too early to say as we don't know what moves will or won't occur in the next 3 months.

5 minutes ago, teef said:

as of now i tend to think so.

So…..how about now???    😋

We still have the best QB in the division, and they will work to shore things up around him. As @What a Tuel points out, 15-3 over the last few years would indicate our chances are rather good, even if we had a goofy loss or two last year. That Miami game in the oven is not something I consider seriously. You could call it 15-2. 

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

The AFC east showed it can beat us already this year. I feel like next year we could regress & it could get alittle iffy. 

We won the division by more games than any other division leader.  We will be fine.  No, really.  We will. Step back from the ledge.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

Going to be a lot more difficult this year, i would give us 50/50.  Jets still don't have a viable QB, Mac Jones will get better with a real OC but not by much and Tua is extremely frail. Unfortunately I think the Bills regress in 2023, too many holes not enough cap space.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

Let's see how FA and the draft play out for all four teams. I will say this the Dolphins are not that far off. I don't know what they will do with their QB situation given Tua's health. Also, if the Jets get Rodgers, then they can definitely challenge the Bills for the division. I actually prefer the Jets D over the Bills D. I don't see NE challenging the Bills right now, but things could look different when the season starts.

On 1/26/2023 at 4:10 PM, Success said:

Patriots - their D was better than ours this year, and one of the top D's in the NFL. If we had that D last week, we'd be playing this coming Sunday.  Now, they have an ACTUAL OC coming in, to coach a QB who will never be elite, but isn't as bad as we always say.

Jets - I thought they should have made the playoffs this year. And that was with bad QB play for most of the year.  They are going for a vet - Rodgers, Jimmy G., who knows.  Their D is already one of the top units in the league, and they have some great young players.  I think Saleh is the real deal.

Dolphins - obviously, the greatest threat.  If Tua was healthy all year, things might have played out very differently over the past few weeks. They are a very good team, on both sides of the ball.

I think the AFC East could be historically good as a division.  It will be such a fight - I'd still pick us to come out on top, but there will be a few close games that will likely decide it in the end.

Thoughts?

If people can’t take their unbiased hat off and take an honest look at where we are at and where our divisional opponents are then I don’t know what to tell them.  

Everything you wrote is spot on.  I would add the Pats are a very good rushing team too.  A real OC and some off-season upgrades to receiving group CBs make them a legit playoff contender.  

The other thing people don’t think about (outside the division) is that Cincy still has a rookie QB deal, and will have a lot of cap space this year to get even better.  

Bills face KC and Cincy this next season again and still have the 6 divisional games, all of which (when healthy) could prove to be legit playoff contenders and tough opponents next year with the right offseason.

And along with all that, Bills have some real glaring holes to address like OL and WR while on a tight cap.  And we are looking at losing some key players potentially to FA (Poyer, Edmunds, Devin) that will create more holes.  Then there is Morse, he is a candidate to potentially retire between age and concussions.  And finally, our two highest paid defensive players are coming off ACL injuries (Tre and Von).  

We will be a double digit win team still, but the divisional title is far from a sure thing IMHO.  We need to find the right pieces in FA and land some good finds in the draft to increase the odds we remain the big dogs of the AFCE.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.