Uni watch

Beast

Everyone remembers Allen coming out of the tunnel with a red helmet on. Is that on for 2023? 90’s era uni’s and helmets?

Also, I don’t think we wore the throwbacks at all this past season. Are they dead and buried?

Something else to talk about I suppose.

• Like (+1) 1

It's definitely been insinuated ever since the league changed the rule where teams are no longer required to wear only one helmet for the full season. That's what was preventing teams like the Bills or the Bucs from using different throwback kits. But yeah it seems like they've been dropping hints for it and I think I heard this season would be the one where they finally do the 90s throwbacks. 

That red helmet Allen wore was never even an official helmet.. I’m gonna go on a limb and say they will never wear those

If they wanted to go back to the 90s red helmet though for a few games it would be cool

My favorite uniforms are the white helmet with the red standing Buffalo

• Agree 6

IIRC, the reason some teams didn’t wear a second helmet & throwbacks / alts this past season was due to supply chain issues and the rather late timing of the announcement by the league office. Paul Lukas of UniWatch has said previously that more teams will be involved next season.

Some of the most looked-forward-to are a Kelly green set from the Eagles, red for the Bills, silver for Seattle throwbacks, creamsicles for TB. These will be for two games a season… possibly three since the 17th game was added.

Houston seems to be approaching for a redesign in 2024, unknown if it will be major or just tweaks.

The Cardinals may be doing a new set for next season depending on whether they initiated a notice to the league & Nike last year (the planning for these things has to be done at least a year in advance and notice must be given to the league a year prior). It’s been far too long with this set of pinstripes and color blocks and red yoke. Please let them go back to a classic look like the Tillman era Arizona flag on the sleeves with the new angry bird logo… rather than a complete redo that Nike has proved they cannot be trusted with.

Rams may be ditching the bone-color duds, and introducing a new yellow jersey, which may be a throwback.

Disappointing that we didn’t bring out the standing buffalo throwbacks for at least one game this year. I’m not sure whether they will have to be retired if the red helmets do re-appear as those would become our alts. Not sure if we could drop our red color rush and have the standing buffalo in their place. Dallas, for example, brought out two throwbacks this past season so it should be *possible*. I, for one, have never been a big fan of the reds / ketchup bottle look.

Edited by UConn James
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.