Which one was worse ? 13 seconds or Cinci fail ?

Repulsif

which one was worse ?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. which one was worse ?

For me the total failure on Sunday almost dulled the pain of 13 seconds in retrospect. We'll never know, but who's to say if we hung on in that game last year's AFCCG at home wouldn't have looked...a little like what we just saw? I would like to think not, but this is the first time we've really played this version of the Bengals. Maybe they are a uniquely terrible matchup for us. 

But man did 13 seconds suck.

4 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

After listening to Beane defend Brown yesterday among other things and listening to McD say we're a good football team, I have this unsettling feeling they're gonna run it back next year pretty much as is.  Not only that but they'll draft another frickin DE in the first round.

Very possible. Very upsetting. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

After listening to Beane defend Brown yesterday among other things and listening to McD say we're a good football team, I have this unsettling feeling they're gonna run it back next year pretty much as is.  Not only that but they'll draft another frickin DE in the first round.

I think that it depends on whether or not they believe that Tre will ever come back 100%. If they think that he will not, McDermott will probably grab a first round corner. If they think that he will, I predict a safety instead.

13 seconds. I was watching the game when we were about to kick-off, telling those I was with, "alright, what they are going to do or should do is squib it and take off maybe 4-5 seconds, and then there would be 8-9 seconds left". Then he booted it. I proceeded to scream at the tv because none of the secondary defenders were on screen because they played so far back on 1st down. I was sure as **** confident that they would not call a defense like that again...to my dismay... no secondary in sight on second down. In two plays they allow the chiefs to go what 30-40 yards to get into field goal position. Not even challenge them, just here you go fellas take whatever you need. Wasn't there a clip where Kelce went up to Mahomes and say if they run that defense again I'm open for 20 yards and that will get us in FG range? It was so infuriating watching that all play out. That will go down in Bills lore...with music city miracle, with wide right, etc.

With Cincinnati, you could definitely say they were outcoached and outmatched, but you could also say with everything that happened to the team and city since the start of the season, it was just became to heavy of a burden to bear. Physically, emotionally, everything. It would have been story-book to win the whole damn thing this year, but I think we continually saw the writing on the wall get bigger and bigger with each "tragedy" or "hardships". I think they could've beat KC, IF, they beaten the Bengals which I was not sure they could, but I do not think they would have beaten the NFC representative in the Super Bowl to be completely honest.

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Let's keep the masochism going!

Which was worse?

When your surgeon amputated the wrong leg?

OR

When you caught your wife sleeping with your best friend?

Never had a leg amputation, so I cant really compare 

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I think that it depends on whether or not they believe that Tre will ever come back 100%. If they think that he will not, McDermott will probably grab a first round corner. If they think that he will, I predict a safety instead.

I hear you Bill.  Either way, it's possibly another lost opportunity to either protect Allen with a quality OL or get him another WR to pair with Diggs.  I hope we're wrong.

Edited by DCbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

I guess that it depends upon how "worse" is defined.  

To me the Cinci game was worse.  It was resultant from an entire systemic failure of the team.  The O, the D, coaching at all levels, preparation (horrid), execution (a cut above horrid), etc.  

The 13-Seconds was resultant from a failure of the D only, as Allen, Davis, the offense was spectacular, better than the Chiefs, along with a non-systemic failure of the playoff rules, which had nothing to do with our performance.  

At the end of the day, we realized we got screwed, some self-made, some from the O/T rules, but we realized that we played well and that there was hope, the hope that led to us being favorites this year.  

After the Cinci game, there isn't anywhere near the same level of hope.  We're trending downward.  The risks rather than the benefits of the expensive Von Miller contract have played out and we now have an injured player that will be 34 next year, with an injury that often leaves players less than they were prior to that, which is not something we need for a 34-year old player.  We're going to lose some key players and we don't have that many key players to lose.  

The Cinci loss has the greater far-reaching implications and emotional impact.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I wonder if the Bengals game happened last year, we would have AJ Brown.

Great point.  

1a on the offseason list is finding a legit 1b WR to take the double off Diggs

Brown would have certainly had that impact 

Would have been the best 1-2 punch in the game 

With Davis and McKenzie being role players

I do love Shakir as our future slot but we still need that true 2nd WR

Edited by JerseyBills

38 minutes ago, Einstein said:

For me, 13 seconds was WAY worse.

I couldnt stop thinking about it for weeks.

I got blackout drunk and recorded the game, as great of a game as it was for NFL fans, as a Bills fan I still have not been able to bring myself to watch it

59 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Cincinnati was worse...With :13 seconds it was the end of the game and was just a few horrible plays.

With Cincinnati the team never even showed up, it was 14-0 before the offense even got a first down. The Bills sucked from about :13 seconds into the game, until the clock mercifully expired. The Bengals wanted to win and did so with ease.

It's a shame a number of players played so badly in their final game as a Buffalo Bill.

What? LMAO, we basically had our ticket punched to the AFCCG in :13 seconds and it was ripped away at the last second because of stupidity.  We simply got our butts whipped against Cincy.

27 minutes ago, Don Dokken said:

For me the total failure on Sunday almost dulled the pain of 13 seconds in retrospect. We'll never know, but who's to say if we hung on in that game last year's AFCCG at home wouldn't have looked...a little like what we just saw? I would like to think not, but this is the first time we've really played this version of the Bengals. Maybe they are a uniquely terrible matchup for us. 

But man did 13 seconds suck.

Yep, I actually felt relieved after Sunday.

No heartbreaking plays at the end that snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Edited by Billz4ever

Cincy game was worse for me because I'm going to be pessimistic all offseason 

13 seconds stung harder. For weeks. But I really believed the hype about this team especially after the Von signing. 

This L was worse because I bought into the hype and we got dominated.  I had tons of hope and sadness after 13 seconds.  Now I'm just hopeless about the future 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

13 seconds by a light year. I still believe, and always will believe, had we beat kc last year, we would've won the superbowl. The bills had some fugly games last year, but they found their MOJO late last season. We were better than Cincinnati last year and believe we would've beaten them at home 

Offensively, we were on fire that postseason.  Josh was playing like a man possessed and we had our ticket punched to the AFCCG until some coaches that are supposed to be NFL-level defensive minded coaches couldn't figure out how to burn :13 second off the clock without allowing the other team to go 40 yards.

Edited by Billz4ever

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.