Which one was worse ? 13 seconds or Cinci fail ?

Repulsif

which one was worse ?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. which one was worse ?

If I saw this topic monday or tuesday, I would have said, the answer is obvious and I wouldn't even have open this topic

I was stunned and pretty much disgusted with the 13 seconds. I thought they found a new imaginative way to fail, AGAIN.

I thought this was their best chance to get the Lombardi

But I had hope. Because without this fluke, I thought the team was overall great and the following season beginning was "great", smashing everyone, KC included

With the Cinci fail, I wasn't upset during the game, we were playing meh or risky and thought some dices rolled our way during the 8 games streak win

So I thought, we were due this loss, and better happening in divisional than SB, it was a complete one sided game and we had no chance

But the days are rolling, and the more and more I feel ... ANGRY. And it gets worse and worse.

It shouldn't and I don't know why exactly

Perhaps I realized this team has too much holes and/or bad schemes when it counts

Perhaps I realized this team is the verge to be the next '90 Dolphins or '05-10 Chargers, and all of this will be put in a bin

I realized I never posted that much number of messages since I joined, 2001 (or 2003 ?), something like 10-15 in a 4 days span, which is massive for me

What's your take on this and has @HOUSE a psychology degree to help me ?

Edited by Repulsif
  • Like (+1) 1

Just for me personally, I can accept bad communication/coaching after that show the team put on in KC. Against the Bengals, that was just embarrassing after watching them this season with everything that went on or happened. Very lackluster effort it seemed. That’s just based on how much effort was put into this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

After 13 seconds, I had hope that we were a SB quality team that just messed up in the clutch. This time, I have lost hope that this collection of guys has what it takes. Everyone is blaming coaching, but I'm afraid that the players themselves are not up to it. The Bills went all in this year, and have little cap space to make the necessary changes and this years draft doesn't look like a good one. So, this loss was way worse to me. Not to mention, I live in Cincinnati so it's extra painful.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 seconds showed how bad our GameDay coaching is, Cincinnati showed how much worse than just bad they really are.  As a fan 13 seconds was way worse to me.  Cincy just confirmed my feelings after 13 seconds, leaving little hope for next year for me

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Agree 1

13 seconds was way worse. We had that game won. Who lets a team get into FG range starting at their own 25 with just 13 seconds left. The Bengals just kicked our ass. We got beat every way possible. It sucked but what can you do. We lost and we deserved to lose. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 seconds was way worse/

I was actually kind of thankful for the Cincy loss going down the way it did.  It was much easier as a fan, I can admit when a team is just really better on a given day, and Cincinnati deserved every bit of what they have.  They left no doubt who the better team was.

This was like the first 'legit' loss that they just got outplayed since before Thanksgiving last year to Indianapolis.  And only the 3rd one since KC won in Buffalo on that Monday afternoon or whatever in October during Covid with no fans (Indy, Pitt, KC AFCG).  Any other loss has all sort of 'what if' plays, phantom PI calls, Hail Murray, whatever that just leaves you scratching your head and wondering what happened.

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1

Cincinnati was worse...With :13 seconds it was the end of the game and was just a few horrible plays.

With Cincinnati the team never even showed up, it was 14-0 before the offense even got a first down. The Bills sucked from about :13 seconds into the game, until the clock mercifully expired. The Bengals wanted to win and did so with ease.

It's a shame a number of players played so badly in their final game as a Buffalo Bill.

Let's keep the masochism going!

Which was worse?

When your surgeon amputated the wrong leg?

OR

When you caught your wife sleeping with your best friend?

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 seconds was one of the most exciting games ever played, so at least we were buzzing about how great we looked while being losers.

The Cinci loss was sad and pathetic, for me it was the worse loss.

Everyone remembers wide right the same way they will remember 13 seconds.  Cinci was both Cowboys losses, ain't no one talking about those.

Edited by GottaRun

I started to pick Cincy, because this game exposed weaknesses and we now know we're not really contenders. After 13 seconds, I had high hopes in the offseason. 

But I switched to 13 secs for that very same reason. I realize all that excitement and expectations last year were wasted! Plus, you don't lose games like that. It was likely our Super Bowl year. 

Edited by Fleezoid
  • Like (+1) 1

Both were bad but I feel like last year we were 100% going to win a Super Bowl if we win that game because Josh was all worldly and our team was pretty healthy… this year, I feel like we may have won the Super Bowl if we got past Cincinnati, but our team was pretty emotionally drained from everything that happened and pretty dinged up. So all in all last year was worse because we should’ve been hoisting the Lombardi trophy.

11 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Let's keep the masochism going!

Which was worse?

When your surgeon amputated the wrong leg?

OR

When you caught your wife sleeping with your best friend?

When I caught my wife sleeping with my best friend, who also happened to be the surgeon who amputated the wrong leg.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Cinci.

In KC the coaching staff was situationally unprepared and the defense came up short when we needed them to.

In Cinci the coaching staff was completely unprepared to the point where it's conceivable that someone's dog ate the gameplan and both the offense and defense were listless from the get go.  It was worse than the 2018 Jaguars game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.