Electoral arithmetic , the real reason behind "stop the steal"

17 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Crazy how people they fled communism don't want what the left is selling.  

And you had the last reply at nyt.  That's like referencing Breitbart 

B man cited NYT.  clearly didn't read article closely.  the fact remains, D's have won the popular vote for prez for 20 years and the demographics, especially for the EC, are getting worse for the R's.

Edited by redtail hawk

Fact is people are fleeing Dem controlled states and cities.  And why you federalist hate the ec, want to add sc and pr, and anything else to consolidate power at the deferral /presidential level.  

Where one has the least representation

The ec was created to prevent the mob/you 

https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2022/03/net-domestic-migration-increased-in-united-states-counties-2021.html

Edited by Chris farley

10 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Did I miss where Florida got “whiter?”

Lol

Good candidates and an actual plan that makes soft independents feel safe and not that they’re voting for “crazy” Doc Oz or an “extremist” in Arizona.  

Once Hispanics continue to assimilate and realize Ds are anti Christian bigots and communists they come around.  

And deep blue states are getting purple.  

Only low info racist elitist whites that do what CNN tells them remains in places like Michigan, New York, and Pennsylvania.  

Once they die out or retire to Florida they’ll go red.  For a long time.  

Trump has been made so toxic - it’s an absolute miracle Ds have barely won anywhere.  But they lost the House. 

They are losing groomer school boards everywhere.  

Once the GOP is clear of Lockdown Don (already happening) they won’t be able to run on “Orange man bad” anymore.  

Not that that works really.  

Governor Youngkin says hi!

trump is still the fav among R voters.  Many dems, including me, see that as a positive.  He is definitely toxic to R's.  Youngkin won in part because he distanced himself from him.  That is also good.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

That's a tough Argument when the left keeps championing wildly unpopular legislation that's actually hurting normies. 

But maybe if you put more big money into pacs, ballot harvesting the left can find these people that don't actually feel the economy like nursing homes,high schools and colleges. 

And don't forget the free narrative like Biden and college debt reduction..

Edited by Chris farley

35 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

That's a tough Argument when the left keeps championing wildly unpopular legislation that's actually hurting normies. 

But maybe if you put more big money into pacs, ballot harvesting the left can find these people that don't actually feel the economy like nursing homes,high schools and colleges. 

And don't forget the free narrative like Biden and college debt reduction..

demographics.  it's the new, important buzz word and the topic of this thread.

10 hours ago, BillStime said:

Wait - you’re upset that your party doesn’t appeal to the youth vote? Have you maybe asked yourself why?

Have you seen what your party is focused on?

Just look at the Governor of the armpit of America?

That is not a winning ticket - no matter what @Doc and @B-Man tell you.

Seek help 

I sure as Hell am never going to depend on the youth vote todays youth is soft & lazy they think like you that they are entitled just because they live in America & will truly work for nothing and depend on the gov't to take care of them like you do which is why you vote the way you do . 

Which when the S**T hits the fan i expect to have the likes of you to be knocking at the door for hand outs because of the things i listed in the paragraph above .

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, T master said:

I sure as Hell am never going to depend on the youth vote todays youth is soft & lazy they think like you that they are entitled just because they live in America & will truly work for nothing and depend on the gov't to take care of them like you do which is why you vote the way you do . 

Which when the S**T hits the fan i expect to have the likes of you to be knocking at the door for hand outs because of the things i listed in the paragraph above .

Those lazy kids destroyed your red wave.

Happy Friday! 

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

demographics.  it's the new, important buzz word and the topic of this thread.

Let’s say you’re right. Let’s say the changing demographics support the Democratic Party. What’s the end game here? What’s the long term vision? I personally believe it’s pretty much ALL about getting to universal health care. After that, who knows? 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Let’s say you’re right. Let’s say the changing demographics support the Democratic Party. What’s the end game here? What’s the long term vision? I personally believe it’s pretty much ALL about getting to universal health care. After that, who knows? 

Totally agree.  I think the public is more ready for it.  It is needed.  Heard a report on NPR yesterday about the growth of concierge practices.  About 10% of primary care docs are now concierge requiring yearly fees for access.  usually between $2-5k.  Tiered care is going to get more and more obvious.  Don't blame the guys doing concierge at all in this awful corporate heal care system.  In fact, I see one that I helped train.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

B man cited NYT.  clearly didn't read article closely.  the fact remains, D's have won the popular vote for prez for 20 years and the demographics, especially for the EC, are getting worse for the R's.

That is NOT what the NYT article said.

That is what you are imagining, because it has been the narrative for decades.  

Please continue to spout your wishes, yes the Democrats have won the "popular vote" for 20 years, but that doesn't elect U.S. presidents, as you know (I hope)

As the article does state, Latin and Asian voters are no longer automatic democrat party voters, as with African Americans, 

Texas, Florida continue to grow while California, Illinois, and New York are losing voters.  THAT and that alone is why the Left hates the Electoral College.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, B-Man said:

That is NOT what the NYT article said.

That is what you are imagining, because it has been the narrative for decades.  

Please continue to spout your wishes, yes the Democrats have won the "popular vote" for 20 years, but that doesn't elect U.S. presidents, as you know (I hope)

As the article does state, Latin and Asian voters are no longer automatic democrat party voters, as with African Americans, 

Texas, Florida continue to grow while California, Illinois, and New York are losing voters.  THAT and that alone is why the Left hates the Electoral College.

based on the numbers from 2020 (which are real) this is a pessimistic interpretation in the NYT  

"These are substantial margins, but they are small enough that even decades of demographic shifts wind up costing the Republicans only a couple of percentage points."

But even this pessimism doesn't change the conclusion that the demographic trend favors D's.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, BillStime said:

Those lazy kids destroyed your red wave.

Happy Friday! 

Red, Blue i really don't care who the person running is as long as their thoughts align with where i think the country needs to be that's why i'm registered independent . I vote for the lessor of 2 evils & Hillary is even a bigger POS than Trump was so that's why i voted that way & Joe is just totally lost so there's that .

And now we are finding out Joe is just as bad if not worse than Trump IMHO he always was which he proved with all he has done to the country to this point Joe could care less about the best person for the job he has hired those who don't have a clue & appeal to groups that he wants to vote for him & they follow right along .

So if that is what happens in 2 years and keeps someone (Other than Trump i hope) in office that like Joe hasn't a clue then we will all get exactly what the younger generations stupidity deserves but there again they won't even care and that's the true sad part !!

Entitlement is all they as young people (and you) care about Work is a bad word !

You all just want what you can get for free so you don't have to work for it & that's what Joe & all like him are all about !  I'll almost bet your signed up for all the free bees because you hurt your back yrs ago & like thousands of others fleece the system every chance you get .

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, T master said:

Red, Blue i really don't care who the person running is as long as their thoughts align with where i think the country needs to be that's why i'm registered independent . I vote for the lessor of 2 evils & Hillary is even a bigger POS than Trump was so that's why i voted that way & Joe is just totally lost so there's that .

And now we are finding out Joe is just as bad if not worse than Trump IMHO he always was which he proved with all he has done to the country to this point Joe could care less about the best person for the job he has hired those who don't have a clue & appeal to groups that he wants to vote for him & they follow right along .

So if that is what happens in 2 years and keeps someone (Other than Trump i hope) in office that like Joe hasn't a clue then we will all get exactly what the younger generations stupidity deserves but there again they won't even care and that's the true sad part !!

Entitlement is all they as young people (and you) care about Work is a bad word !

You all just want what you can get for free so you don't have to work for it & that's what Joe & all like him are all about !  I'll almost bet your signed up for all the free bees because you hurt your back yrs ago & like thousands of others fleece the system every chance you get .

lmao - Fox News loves you.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, T master said:

no entitlement here.  I've unwillingly funded it with my work.  and yes, there are takers that give almost nothing back to society.  They are on both political spectrums and they are truly deplorable.  Not supposed to say the truth out loud but it is the truth.  they should be who the anger is directed at. They drag us all down and they too often are left unaccountable by both sides.  Reminds me of a guy who wanted me to support his disability claim for back pain.  I asked what hobbies he enjoyed.  He said fishing (which I also love).  Asked him about his tackle box and he told me he had a huge one.  Described it thoroughly.  Asked him about a boat and he told me he fishes out of his pontoon.  Asked if he carries his tackle box onto his pontoon. "yes".   He was neither young nor unique. No, to the disability claim.  Just say No to cheaters and dumb crooks.  It's a start.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Totally agree.  I think the public is more ready for it.  It is needed.  Heard a report on NPR yesterday about the growth of concierge practices.  About 10% of primary care docs are now concierge requiring yearly fees for access.  usually between $2-5k.  Tiered care is going to get more and more obvious.  Don't blame the guys doing concierge at all in this awful corporate heal care system.  In fact, I see one that I helped train.

So you would rather everyone get poor care than some get great care? You would rather have someone else decide your healthcare needs than do it yourself? In my area we have about 20 dentists of which 4 are top notch, 10ish are good, and the rest are garbage. I pay extra to stay with my top notch guy because I don't want deal with the garbage, why is that a problem to you? 

22 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Thanks for the honesty. I’ve been saying it for years. Nobody is burning down cities so that drag queens can read to kids. The real core issues are universal healthcare…with a side of climate change. I’m not a big healthcare consumer (thank goodness) so I’m on the fence there. Climate change I believe to be fools errand in which people are being manipulated for profit. 

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks for the honesty. I’ve been saying it for years. Nobody is burning down cities so that drag queens can read to kids. The real core issues are universal healthcare…with a side of climate change. I’m not a big healthcare consumer (thank goodness) so I’m on the fence there. Climate change I believe to be fools errand in which people are being manipulated for profit. 

In regards to universal healthcare I implore you to be against it. In any society where something important does not carry a financial incentive to be "better" it will ultimately stagnate at best and likely regress.

1 minute ago, Orlando Tim said:

In regards to universal healthcare I implore you to be against it. In any society where something important does not carry a financial incentive to be "better" it will ultimately stagnate at best and likely regress.

I understand and lean there. But I also know that we are currently not buying healthcare. We are buying health insurance. That’s where the problem is.