The Bills have a Tre White problem

Back2Buff

5 hours ago, davefan66 said:

We don’t have a Tre White problem.

He will be back to form with a whole offseason.

You have no way of knowing that, any more than the OP has any idea that's washed up now!

It's a wait and see situation.

5 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

Hmmmm..I think he did get a little quicker as the season went on.

He looked SUPER SLOW those first 2-3 games, but I saw a little more burst to end the year.

I think hell get back to his form or at least close to it.

I am fairly confident in Tre for the same reason. Even though he was far from what he was he was trending in the right direction as he played more. Hopefully with some games under his belt and an off season worth of rest and treatment he will be back to his old self in 2023

5 hours ago, BBills_88 said:

The same was said about Harrison Philips after he came back from his season ending injury, it took him damn near 2 years until he was playing normal and making plays. 

The same was also said about Kyle Williams after his serious knee injury.

We have to be patient with White.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, nuiwek said:

I wasnt expecting him to be anywhere close to 100% this year. so id have to give him until next year. that kind of injury/surgery takes a LONG time to recover from

I think fans forgot what these injuries used to be like. They could have been career Enders and now they get mad if they aren’t back to being an all pro in months. 

Cam Akers rushed back from an Achilles injury in like 5 months. He was terrible and fans were calling him a huge bust. However during the last month of the season, he was one of the most productive rbs in football. Guess why? He was finally getting healthy. 

if I was an agent, I might tell may player to sit out 2 years if they have s major injury so they don’t get question. I will put money on White being a pro bowler next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

These injuries take 2 years before you get back to where you were. He will be fine. At the bottom of my list of things to worry about.

I've repeatedly heard this from experts that I trust.  If anything White may be a little ahead of where you would expect him to be at this point.  I fully expect the old T White to be back next season.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No offense, but this post is way off base.  Many of us repeatedly told this board that it can take until the following season before a player comes fully back from this injury.  Yet this delusion persisted that not only was Tre gonna be ready week 1, but he’d quickly get back to his old self.  That was never likely going to happen no matter how many people tried to convince themselves otherwise.

Bills don’t have a Tre problem (at least not yet), they have a problem with inaccurate expectations on Tre from fans this past season.  

Tre may or may not get back to the player he was, but that was never really going to be known until next season.  

So you're predicting that Von will be a JAG next year then?

11 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

You have no way of knowing that, any more than the OP has any idea that's washed up now!

It's a wait and see situation.

Based on others with similar injury, the large percentage have resumed their careers with little or no issues.  He’s a competitor so I feel confident he will do well.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Not to answer for him, but I think expecting Von to a dominant pass rusher next year seems a little far fetched. However, Miller at like 65% would still be our best pass rusher currently. 

Which isn't good enough and also not worth the huge cap dollars he's taking up....

6 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

The whole Tre White situation to start the year was strange at first, but then you seen him get on the field, and you realized why he wasn't playing.  The guy was not very good this year at all.  Some will blame the injury, but how many games you going to give a guy till he is back to playing up to his very large payday?

I think White will never be what he was.  He looked old out there, even after just playing 5 or 6 games this year.  I also think his playing style limits the entire defense on the type of defense we can play.  He does not excel in press man and needs to play off guys.  I personally think this team needs to play more press man.  Tough to transition to that when your "number 1" CB and 16 million dollar man can't play it at a top level.

Problem with White is, you can't get out of his contract.  His dead cap is higher than if he is on the team.

The only option I really see, is if Taron Johnson takes over for Poyer at safety.  Tre moves to nickel corner where he will be less exposed on an island, and you bring in another press man outside CB to pair with Elam.  Elam's strength is press man and it was really head scratching you drafted him and then played him in a zone.

The problem is not age.  The problem absolutely is his ACL injury.

To answer your question, you should probably give him another season to regain form.

After this season, it should be pretty clear our coaches don't want their CBs to play much press-man coverage.  

That's why Elam struggled to get on the field.  Because he really doesn't fit their scheme and system.  

White doesn't limit what they can do.  Sean McDermott and Leslie Frazier do that to themselves.

They aren't moving Johnson.  My guess is that Poyer walks.  They may add a free agent, but it's also possible they plan on Micah Hyde and Damar Hamlin being the starters.  Beane also mentioned that Christian Benford may get a look there next season.

31 minutes ago, FireChans said:

So you're predicting that Von will be a JAG next year then?

I didn’t say that.  I said it often takes players a season to get back into form.  But every player and every injury are different.  Really depends when Von is ready.  

But personally my expectations are low that he will be the same player as he was this year.  

30 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

The problem is not age.  The problem absolutely is his ACL injury.

To answer your question, you should probably give him another season to regain form.

After this season, it should be pretty clear our coaches don't want their CBs to play much press-man coverage.  

That's why Elam struggled to get on the field.  Because he really doesn't fit their scheme and system.  

White doesn't limit what they can do.  Sean McDermott and Leslie Frazier do that to themselves.

They aren't moving Johnson.  My guess is that Poyer walks.  They may add a free agent, but it's also possible they plan on Micah Hyde and Damar Hamlin being the starters.  Beane also mentioned that Christian Benford may get a look there next season.

Hamlin and Hyde play the same position.

I'd call this a salary cap problem.  Tre will eventually be fine, but maybe on the downside of his career. But will his cap hit be worth it?  Will Dawkins'? Morse's? Diggs'?  .... not a large window of being able to pay all these guys and not win a SB.  Beane will have to make some shrewd calls and draft really well to keep our window open.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.