Bills Coaching Staff Changes Thread

hellofellowbillsfans

1 hour ago, BillsFanInRaleigh said:

Maybe more to come? 

*blink*

Did NOT see that coming.

1 hour ago, DapperCam said:

I think Frazier doesn’t have a contract, so he doesn’t need fired. Maybe they are clearing out his guys that are still under contract.

People have said this, but I can not find anywhere: where is the info on Frazier's contract or the lack thereoff?

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

That doesn't pop up on google. Also, the Bills would not be announcing a firing--they would be announcing that they are not renewing his contract, which is expired...

Either way I hope he is gone. They should have done it after 13 seconds. IMHO

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Kind of surprised by this simply because everyone talks positively about him when doing interviews.  Then again, you're not going to ***** on a guy in public either.  Anyway, good luck to him, seemed like he did a good job while he was here for the most part.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

*blink*

Did NOT see that coming.

People have said this, but I can not find anywhere: where is the info on Frazier's contract or the lack thereoff?

Joe Marino stated it on the Locked On Bills podcast. That's the only place I've heard it.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

*blink*

Did NOT see that coming.

I can't find anything either. This going to be my 50th yr. as a fan and I cannot remember the Bills going into an off season without having the OC/DC under contract or extended.

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

just a hunch.  why else is he still here?  any examples of him being a good coach without a future HoF on the line?  

I think carving out a 20+ year coaching career out of being a McD yes man is less likely than maybe he has done something right.  Von Miller has nothing but praise for him.  If making up narratives on "a hunch" is your thing then don't let me get in the way.

• Eyeroll 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

what a great culture guy McD is.  Finding scapegoats year after year, but never actually addressing the issues.  He is excuse city.  

Seems a bit premature to call this a "scapegoat" firing when they're probably not even done with the layoffs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, Jauronimo said:

I think carving out a 20+ year coaching career out of being a McD yes man is less likely than maybe he has done something right.  Von Miller has nothing but praise for him.  If making up narratives on "a hunch" is your thing then don't let me get in the way.

so he did a good job this year?   Please expand.  Did you watch the Bengals game against its backup OL, or the Dolphins game.  Who cares if Miller loves him.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Just saw a report that Frazier has been fired. Hope its true.

Where?

It's actually not the McDermott way to fire people.  He prefers to allow coaches to "pursue other opportunities", like McDermott did when Andy Reid fired him.  Heath Farwell, the DL coach a couple years back, etc.

I do believe that it's time for Leslie Frazier and Sean McDermott to get a divorce, though.  If Frazier wants to continue to coach and be considered for HC positions, he needs to go somewhere else and install a top defense there, out of McDermott's shadow where it's ambiguous who is really responsible for various decisions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, HoofHearted said:

The other obvious one was the second touchdown to Hurst when Poyer drove the fast screen to Chase and Hurst ran the stalk and go on him. There were multiple instances of us carrying a player too far vertically and allowing the easy catch and run underneath, or us not switching off routes in a timely manner in our Quarters looks. It was a bad day at the office all around

I saw some interesting analysis on the Hurst TD

Burrow used a hand signal that we though we stole from their NE game which meant tunnel screen to Chase

They had switched it against us so everyone bit on the Chase fake screen

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Von Miller has effusive praise for the cafeteria workers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

I saw some interesting analysis on the Hurst TD

Burrow used a hand signal that we though we stole from their NE game which meant tunnel screen to Chase

They had switched it against us so everyone bit on the Chase fake screen

so, they outcoached us and confused us.   

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Where?

It's actually not the McDermott way to fire people.  He prefers to allow coaches to "pursue other opportunities", like McDermott did when Andy Reid fired him.  Heath Farwell, the DL coach a couple years back, etc.

I do believe that it's time for Leslie Frazier and Sean McDermott to get a divorce, though.  If Frazier wants to continue to coach and be considered for HC positions, he needs to go somewhere else and install a top defense there, out of McDermott's shadow where it's ambiguous who is really responsible for various decisions.

Don't they fire people every year? Fired Rick Dennison after one season too, right?

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Don't they fire people every year? Fired Rick Dennison after one season too, right?

McDermott *did* fire Rico Dennison and the following year Juan Castillo.  But I think the list of coaching assistants who have "pursued other opportunities" is longer.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.