Bills Coaching Staff Changes Thread

hellofellowbillsfans

16 minutes ago, Mango said:

Coverage was very odd this year. 

We played a lot more man. But we didn't play Elam much. It made some sense when Johnson and Hamlin were running the backfield. They were just not an NFL pairing. 

But it kept happening even when it was Poyer-Hamlin with Tre and Jackson.

receivers were open all year against us

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

My best guess based on no actual knowledge is that Steve Wilks is coming with Al Holcomb. I would be good with that. Yeah it's more Carolina guys, but they are far from yes men and they know what McDermott wants. Holcomb had a lot to do with the development of Jeremy Chinn as well as Luke Kuechly. 

This makes a ton of sense.  

25 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

My best guess based on no actual knowledge is that Steve Wilks is coming with Al Holcomb. I would be good with that. Yeah it's more Carolina guys, but they are far from yes men and they know what McDermott wants. Holcomb had a lot to do with the development of Jeremy Chinn as well as Luke Kuechly. 

That's of course depending on Wilks not getting the Carolina job. He and Reich both got second interviews there.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/25/steve-wilks-frank-reich-move-on-to-second-interviews-with-panthers/

Edited by FrenchConnection
  • Like (+1) 1

Seems to me that one of the issues in the backfield may be communication. If so that is usually the responsibility of the safeties. Therefore likely coaching of that position was lacking. I wouldn't be surprised if there is more to come including Frazier being moved away from and another internal promotion made with other changes to follow.

9 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

That's of course depending on Wilks not getting the Carolina job. He and Reich both got second interviews there.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/25/steve-wilks-frank-reich-move-on-to-second-interviews-with-panthers/

Wilks should 100% get that job. I still think they go offensive guy, but Wilks deserves it and earned it. Plus he got a terrible draw with Arizona. 

So Taron had his best seasons when he was the nickel coach and he gets fired after 1 year where his players got decimated by injuries? How tf does this dude get the axe and yet Eric Washington, the dude who is blatantly the worst position coach on the staff, still has a job?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Why should Eric Washington be fired?

How’s this even a question? Given the resources invested in it, the DL has been BY FAR the most underperforming unit over the last 3-4 years. Like it’s not even close.

Edited by gobills404
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

So Taron had his best seasons when he was the nickel coach and he gets fired after 1 year where his players got decimated by injuries? How tf does this dude get the axe and yet Eric Washington, the dude who is blatantly the worst position coach on the staff, still has a job?

easy.  He is a McD yes man.  McD has a culture of non -accountability and excuse making.  

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Is that personnel decisions or coaching?

both

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.