Bills Coaching Staff Changes Thread

hellofellowbillsfans

14 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Multiple coverage busts from the Safety position against the Bengals in addition to the very obvious lack of scheme knowledge that our depth safeties possessed cost our defense huge this year.

I'm not an X's and O's guy - the only obvious bust I saw was on the opening Chase TD. What else did the safeties mess up that game ? 

1 minute ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I'm not an X's and O's guy - the only obvious bust I saw was on the opening Chase TD. What else did the safeties mess up that game ? 

The other obvious one was the second touchdown to Hurst when Poyer drove the fast screen to Chase and Hurst ran the stalk and go on him. There were multiple instances of us carrying a player too far vertically and allowing the easy catch and run underneath, or us not switching off routes in a timely manner in our Quarters looks. It was a bad day at the office all around.

• Thank you (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Seems like an odd choice.

Given the injuries at the position I thought safeties were one of the few positional groups that didn't let us down over the course of the season or in the Bengals game. 

If he was responsible for claiming that Jaquan Johnson was a capable NFL backup safety then I could see the reasoning.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Hayden Hurst TD where 3 players including Poyer ran down to the fake Chase screen which left Hurst all alone for an easy TD with Poyer trying to get back in time but failing badly.

• Agree 1

Just now, All_Pro_Bills said:

Firing the Safeties coach!  That should resolve all the management and coaching deficiencies in the defense, the offensive line, and a poor draft record.  Can the locker room attendants and laundry crew be far behind? 

It is one of McDermotts boys though. So maybe this is something to show no one is safe.

My best guess based on no actual knowledge is that Steve Wilks is coming with Al Holcomb. I would be good with that. Yeah it's more Carolina guys, but they are far from yes men and they know what McDermott wants. Holcomb had a lot to do with the development of Jeremy Chinn as well as Luke Kuechly. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Seems like an odd choice.

Given the injuries at the position I thought safeties were one of the few positional groups that didn't let us down over the course of the season or in the Bengals game. 

Coverage was very odd this year. 

We played a lot more man. But we didn't play Elam much. It made some sense when Johnson and Hamlin were running the backfield. They were just not an NFL pairing. 

But it kept happening even when it was Poyer-Hamlin with Tre and Jackson.

7 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

My best guess based on no actual knowledge is that Steve Wilks is coming with Al Holcomb. I would be good with that. Yeah it's more Carolina guys, but they are far from yes men and they know what McDermott wants. Holcomb had a lot to do with the development of Jeremy Chinn as well as Luke Kuechly. 

I’d be all for that absolutely 

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It is one of McDermotts boys though. So maybe this is something to show no one is safe.

teams are interviewing for coordinator positions right now. Some good ones out there so if Frazier and Dorsey and still here in next couple of days, they're probably staying

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This would be a nice REALISTIC development (No, Vic Fangio isn't coming here to be a DC).

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.