We don’t Need a WR

Rebel101

I don't mean to be disrespectful here. But this is like saying, "We don't need better defensive personnel. We just need to run the 2000 Ravens defense or the 85 Bears defense."

While i agree we need to incorporate a short and intermediate passing game, we don't have the receivers for that.

5 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

We need an OC who schemes plays where not all the QBs targets are 20 yards down field on 3rd n short. Our receivers are getting separation. The passes have been off, or it’s been a low % pass schemed at the worst time. This team all year hasn’t taken what the defense has gave them and continuously just tried for the big play. Dorsey and Allen=Erratic 

facepalm-dismay.gif

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

BC WR Zay Flowers please...stick him in the slot and let's go.

Cheetah Lite...

It would be ridiculously irresponsible if they didn't use their first two picks in rounds 1 & 2 on OL-men.  

Would love to see them grab the best OT available in round 1, and if he's still there, Patterson (C) in round 2.  

Beane has already been irresponsible and all but entirely ignored the OL on his watch.  It would be one thing if our D was laden with impact players where he did draft, but that's not the case.  If they don't start protecting Allen, then IMO Beane should be fired immediately after the Draft.  Let someone that knows what they're doing come in and clean up his mess and conduct the balance of free agency, which is going to be difficult enough as it is.  

Allen's gonna end up getting hammered and injured, and then we'll be back to another "twenty years."  

14 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

It would be ridiculously irresponsible if they didn't use their first two picks in rounds 1 & 2 on OL-men.  

Would love to see them grab the best OT available in round 1, and if he's still there, Patterson (C) in round 2.  

Beane has already been irresponsible and all but entirely ignored the OL on his watch.  It would be one thing if our D was laden with impact players where he did draft, but that's not the case.  If they don't start protecting Allen, then IMO Beane should be fired immediately after the Draft.  Let someone that knows what they're doing come in and clean up his mess and conduct the balance of free agency, which is going to be difficult enough as it is.  

Allen's gonna end up getting hammered and injured, and then we'll be back to another "twenty years."  

No it wouldn't. Plenty of teams have good players there in the mid rounds

22 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

No it wouldn't. Plenty of teams have good players there in the mid rounds

Based upon what you've seen outta Beane, what gives you even a remote hope that he's capable of drafting good OL-men in the mid-rounds, much less on days 1 or 2?  

I mean name all of the successful mid-round picks of players that ended up being impact starters and not merely replacement starters or starters due to unfilled needs at their positions?  

Let's assume that the "mid-rounds" are rounds 3-5.  

How can anyone say we don’t need a WR? You don’t want to go into the season with Davis and McKenzie after the way they performed this year, they put a lot of faith in them last year and they underperformed. Because of that you can’t rely on Shakir to take a step forward next season. They need to try to upgrade. If those 3 come back improved that is great, just gives us more to work with. But we can’t put too much faith in them after what we just seen. 

10 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

They definitely need a WR2.

Gabe is good as your 3rd/4th option, but he’s not a 2.

Before the season I was a big Gabe Davis hype man, I thought he was gonna be big this year. In my opinion his stats show a better year than he really had, I think he was pretty disappointing, even excluding his drops. He doesn't run great routes, for a big boy he doesn't big boy or high point well and I think he didn't have great effort especially in cold weather games.

If you watch the all 22, there's alot of plays Gabe doesn't work back across the feild for josh especially cold weather games like chicago, there's plays you see josh scrambling and if Gabe is across feild he gives up and stands there. And I know this is extremely common in the nfl, but not if you have josh allen or mahomes. They can do ridiculous things with their arms. Tyreek and kelce are masters at working back across feild to bail out mahomes. We see it 100 times from mahomes he bails, play breaks down, mahomes whips it side arm to kelce coming back across feild. It's really disheartening to see josh run for his life and see Gabe across feild just standing there. I'm not saying it's every single play but I see it alot and it sucks.

No question we need a #2 or the very minimum a reliable slot for josh.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

They definitely need a WR2.

Gabe is good as your 3rd/4th option, but he’s not a 2.

Thank you. It's obvious to everyone. We need a Waddle/ Chase type to compliment Stefon.  Gabe is really a natural WR3 and Shakir would slide into WR4 permanently. But not having a true #2 puts way too much pressure on Diggs & Josh. And on top of everything these incessant deep throws need to be reduced. Never thought I'd ever say that with hand canon as the qb.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I know, just impatient. To bad he is slower than his dad, because he sure can run the entire route tree. 

He’s slower than his dad but much bigger

Ohio State lists him at 6’4… I saw him play a few times and I’d say 6’3… but great size 

He’s AJ Green comp

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He’s slower than his dad but much bigger

Ohio State lists him at 6’4… I saw him play a few times and I’d say 6’3… but great size 

He’s AJ Green comp

Right now I’m banging the drums for Hyatt and Rice. I would love to double dip back to back. Both great WRs with sub 4.4 speed. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.