Why isn't Frazier interviewing for Head Coaching positions?

fasteddie

On 1/26/2023 at 9:39 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean did you watch the Bengals and Dolphin games?  It’s a what have you done for me lately league, and his defense was carved up by a depleted Dolphins team and then utterly embarrassed by the Bengals.  Too much focus always on recency bias in this league.  You can be great one day and a problem the next.  

2 weeks ago McD was beloved, untouchable, had some COY support growing, and now has his head being called for.  Josh Allen was a top 2 QB by most standards 2 weeks ago…now he’s suddenly the new Phillip Rivers and people turning on him.  

A lot can change in 2 weeks in the NFL

The defense was sold in the Dolphins game, turnovers and playing aggressive on offense when up by 3 scores was the issue.

I mean did you watch the Bengals and Dolphin games?  It’s a what have you done for me lately league, and his defense was carved up by a depleted Dolphins team and then utterly embarrassed by the Bengals.  Too much focus always on recency bias in this league.  You can be great one day and a problem the next.  

2 weeks ago McD was beloved, untouchable, had some COY support growing, and now has his head being called for.  Josh Allen was a top 2 QB by most standards 2 weeks ago…now he’s suddenly the new Phillip Rivers and people turning on him.  

Is it really recency bias with Frazier, though?  Look at the defensive stats in the last 4 playoff losses for the Bills.

On 1/26/2023 at 4:54 PM, Don Otreply said:

This is a rhetorical question right? 

If you read the op’s post, there’s a big hint as to whether or not it’s rhetorical. I mean you can’t miss it. Let me know if you need help. I’m here for you. 🤪

18 minutes ago, Dopey said:

If you read the op’s post, there’s a big hint as to whether or not it’s rhetorical. I mean you can’t miss it. Let me know if you need help. I’m here for you. 🤪

Thank you for your offer.

Guilty as charged, I was working off the title, 😂

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/26/2023 at 8:12 AM, freddyjj said:

Just remember that Marv Levy lied about his age in 1986 when he was hired by Bills as he was already 61 and thought being >60 would hurt his chances.  Have to believe Polian knew as he and Levy worked together in Montreal in CFL and Chicago in USFL.

Ageism might be the most prevalent form of discrimination in our society today. 

With good reason. Old folks have wisdom and experience, bit very often lack in energy and innovation 

Carved up?!? We would have dominated, if not for Allen and the offense that game. Love that we have Allen.  I’m not an Allen basher, but I’m also not a Josh Allen ball sack sniffer. 
231 yds given up that game 

189 yds passing given up 

42 yds rushing given up.

The defense had 4 sacks and 2 interceptions. 
And these numbers are with the offense giving Miami the ball in turnovers…3 times. 
I see you as one of the better posters here. Level headed and not overboard, but this one just seems odd coming from you. 

8 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Thank you for your offer.

Guilty as charged, I was working off the title, 😂

I learned the hard way about doing that. Trust me. 😂

2 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

With good reason. Old folks have wisdom and experience, bit very often lack in energy and innovation 

So guess it should be interesting to see how millennials and those that follow mindsets change as they will likely have a 70 year old retirement date 

On 1/26/2023 at 7:07 AM, fasteddie said:

I know it's a rhetorical question,  but why isn't our "beloved" D coordinator being interviewed for all of these head coaching positions?

I would think that the Bills would get a clue and see that no team would want him running their organization when he totally got outcoached for the last three playoff years.

Just wondering. 🤔

Because, he's an older DEFENSIVE guy and the Head Coach trend is toward younger, offensive-minded candidates. With the affirmative action guidelines he might be offered token HC interviews but I dont know if he would bite.

On 1/26/2023 at 10:26 AM, BananaB said:

Why haven’t we heard if they are bringing him back or not? I think that’s better question. Most people want a change

I'm guessing Bills leave it up to him 

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

Carved up?!? We would have dominated, if not for Allen and the offense that game. Love that we have Allen.  I’m not an Allen basher, but I’m also not a Josh Allen ball sack sniffer. 
231 yds given up that game 

189 yds passing given up 

42 yds rushing given up.

The defense had 4 sacks and 2 interceptions. 
And these numbers are with the offense giving Miami the ball in turnovers…3 times. 
I see you as one of the better posters here. Level headed and not overboard, but this one just seems odd coming from you. 

I learned the hard way about doing that. Trust me. 😂

All good, let me explain where i was coming from.  

The defense didn’t hold when we needed it to was the point, and we almost lost that game.  Yes I realize our offense hurt them, but the narrative of the game was we barely won by 3 against a low round rookie.  

It wasn’t a good look for either side of the ball.  And the yardage is deceiving, we gabe them a lot of short fields and they also had several wide open drops by guys like Waddle and Hill.  

The defense was being complained about all over the shoutbox and threads.  Looking at the box score stats doesn’t have context of where the D was not holding up when it was needed.  

More importantly though, why are people responding so much about the Miami game?  In the last 3 playoff loss games Fraziers defense has given up:

107 points and 1403 yards in 3 playoff lost games in 3 years.

That is insanely bad, like inconceivably bad.  He needs to be fired.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.