Why isn't Frazier interviewing for Head Coaching positions?

fasteddie

19 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Just remember that Marv Levy lied about his age in 1986 when he was hired by Bills as he was already 61 and thought being >60 would hurt his chances.  Have to believe Polian knew as he and Levy worked together in Montreal in CFL and Chicago in USFL.

Ageism might be the most prevalent form of discrimination in our society today. 

I don’t care about his age you can be 100 for all I care, but you have to be able to adjust

• Thank you (+1) 1

I just want to hear “Down goes Frazier”.  I know that this organization has loyalty and that is a great thing but…not when it is impeding the progress towards the goal that the organization has to win it all.  He seems like an incredible person as a human being but Im sorry that isn’t the criteria that is going to win playoff games. 

Edited by Ayjent
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, SoMAn said:

Why? So they can be the hot prospect who moves on in 2 years? 
With Frazier, we have years of valuable experience and he’s probably following McDermott’s defensive blueprint anyway. Keeping him provides stability and continuity with players who know and understand the system. 
The down side may be that the defense has become predictable to opponents. That may be the best argument to bring in a young defensive-minded assistant to put some fresh ideas into the scheme. 

He might be following the blueprint, but let's not pretend that his stamp isn't the defense as well. The slow to adjust in game management is Fraizer. The defense doesn't adjust, and they don't change up the gameplan, formations, etc...

We need to bring in somebody who is hungry to prove themselves. We have McD to mentor someone like that. If we can have a rookie OC with basically no safety net (not that I agree with it), why can't we try something at DC with a safety net?

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/26/2023 at 7:07 AM, fasteddie said:

I know it's a rhetorical question,  but why isn't our "beloved" D coordinator being interviewed for all of these head coaching positions?

I would think that the Bills would get a clue and see that no team would want him running their organization when he totally got outcoached for the last three playoff years.

Just wondering. 🤔

He's not running our organization either. He was the DC, not the GM. Maybe the Bills are smarter than you think. 🤔

19 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

To be fair, the defense did a decent job against the Dolphins. Turnovers causing short fields was the issue, and they mostly gave up field goals.

The Bengals game was a whole different story.

As for the McDermott & Allen haters, they will always be here.

Even if the Bills win the Super Bowl next season, they will still be angry and saying that we should be winning our 3rd consecutive Super Bowl.

Decent job against a third string rookie QB, banged up OL and without their starting RB 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

He might be following the blueprint, but let's not pretend that his stamp isn't the defense as well. The slow to adjust in game management is Fraizer. The defense doesn't adjust, and they don't change up the gameplan, formations, etc...

We need to bring in somebody who is hungry to prove themselves. We have McD to mentor someone like that. If we can have a rookie OC with basically no safety net (not that I agree with it), why can't we try something at DC with a safety net?

Or, promote from within as they did with Dorsey.
I have absolutely zero knowledge regarding the qualifications of the other defensive assistants, so that may not be a viable option.

I would hope that part of the hiring process for assistant coaches that’s employed by McD and Beane would include having an eye on the future.
i.e. hiring assistants that have the desire and potential for promotion and greater responsibility on their side of the ball. 

Maybe there’s a good candidate within the McDermott ‘coaching tree’.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ayjent said:

I just want to hear “Down goes Frazier”.  I know that this organization has loyalty and that is a great thing but…not when it is impeding the progress towards the goal that the organization has to win it all.  He seems like an incredible person as a human being but Im sorry that isn’t the criteria that is going to win playoff games. 

Classic! Beane would be a BAAAAD MAN!!! 😂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.