Mel Kiper is back and you won’t like it

78thealltimegreat

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That was your point?  Then do a better job getting it across next time.  You said nothing of the sort.  

yeah…..my point was, there will we WRs in rd 2 that are similar to the WRs in rd 1-  the value isn’t there unless you want to go up and get Johnson…..and that will likely cost us 2-3 potential starters worth of draft picks.  

We have very few resources except draft picks. Trading them away is a scary proposition.  We need 2-3 Olineman.  1-2 WRs.  Likely need a Poyer replacement.  Maybe an edmunds replacement. Maybe a Morse replacement. Maybe an Ed replacement.  Phillips and Shaq replacements.  And we have how much cap room? But yeah, trade up. 

We had needs last year and traded up…again, my point. 

5 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I understand this but im also not the only one who saw that they could have been used. Take cool for example. It's not a secret that he was open multiply times when We were tossing deep balls on 3rd and 3 type downs. For me it's more the game plan and the stubbornness to not try something else when what you're doing is not working. 

There definitely were not a lot of designed plays for Cook or anyone. 

3 hours ago, whorlnut said:

We had needs last year and traded up…again, my point. 

I still feel like that was a good trade up. I think Elam shows real promise.

The guy that most of us were clamoring for booth, barely saw the field

2 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I see a lot of clamoring for drafting offense.  I hope they strongly consider the buy/trade for another WR.  Get someone like Chark or trade for Hopkins.

For the funds for that, two of Edmunds/Poyer/Oliver would be gone.  This kind of restructure would allow for drafting defense and OL.

We cannot afford Hopkins. We have to be realistic in our expectations of who they bring in. We cannot afford to pay his salary. It’s more than just the draft compensation. Then we have to actually pay him and we’re already paying a number one receiver.

That’s why a number two out of the draft makes so much sense

Been has pretty much already told us this in his press conference no more splash signings no more Von Miller’s

35 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I still feel like that was a good trade up. I think Elam shows real promise.

The guy that most of us were clamoring for booth, barely saw the field

We cannot afford Hopkins. We have to be realistic in our expectations of who they bring in. We cannot afford to pay his salary. It’s more than just the draft compensation. Then we have to actually pay him and we’re already paying a number one receiver.

That’s why a number two out of the draft makes so much sense

Been has pretty much already told us this in his press conference no more splash signings no more Von Miller’s

To be fair, he said that last year too.

10 hours ago, Gregg said:

They need to build around Allen. Focus on the OL this draft. Allen is taking too many hits/sacks. Better OL means better run game (with the RB's not Allen doing the running) and better pass protection. Give Allen more time to throw and that will help create more big plays in the passing game. 

Agreed. It’s so simple yet McBeane refuse to do just that. Will this be the year?  Hopefully, but I sure wouldn’t hold my breath on it. 

2 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Agreed. It’s so simple yet McBeane refuse to do just that. Will this be the year?  Hopefully, but I sure wouldn’t hold my breath on it. 

They need to build a team that if God forbid Josh Allen was not under center we could still win games does anybody have any confidence that that would’ve happened this year I don’t

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

They need to build a team that if God forbid Josh Allen was not under center we could still win games does anybody have any confidence that that would’ve happened this year I don’t

Agreed. Look at San Fran. They get down to their 3rd string QB and all they do is keep winning. That is a complete team. Buffalo is nowhere near that. If the Bills lost Allen in game one of next season, I don’t think they’d do better than 7-10. And probably not even that good. 

WR is going to be tough this year, the FA market is rough, the draft class is ok. But I'd say finding solid starters at guard and RT can be done in FA if the money can be shifted around. Finding a FA WR2 and affording it will be very difficult, above average WRs are getting paid big money. There's alot of WR needy teams. Which tells me there will be some reaching in the draft. 

21 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Hey I will always have respect for Mel one of the few analysts who went to the wall for Josh….

but in his first mock draft he has the Bills taking Auburn DE Derick Hall who is actually really good….

but if the Bills don’t help Josh either on the line or at WR or even TE…this board may create a meltdown that looks like something out of the movie I Am Legend 

I laughed, but just for the title presented to our crowd!  😂 

10 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I agree.

But I'll be so disappointed if the Bills don't find some significant help for OL this offseason.

they would not be so foolish as to not address OL this year. They MUST get help either in the draft or free agency some mean uglies to protect #17 or the fan base will be Livid.  And rightfully so.

17 hours ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Not after what beane said about brown in his review. 

I hate to say it but yea we are kind of screwed on the DL now that Miller got a bunch of money and the Bills have missed on 2 high picks basham and Epanesa. This is the problem when you draft for need and don’t know how to evaluate offensive talent. This might actually be the year a DL who is actually good is available and it also happens to be a need. In past years it just seemed like they wanted to stack young DLs because we were all set on offense and may have missed a lot of great opportunities to pick the best player that may have been on offense. 

I’m thinking more a replacement for Morse than a tackle if went went for a first round OT. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.