Should we trade Ed Oliver?

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I tend to agree.

Oliver, Settle and Jones are all on their last year.  It's a tough situation that Beane is in.

If Oliver thinks he is getting big money due to his draft status I think he is mistaken.

Spotrac has his value at $10M and I think that's too high.

I'm not paying him anymore than Gabe. They're both way too inconsistent for 10M/yr.  Trade Ed while he still has some value. 

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Swing that trade if someone is willing to give us a decent return. He's not going to get $18-$20M from us either. Sorry guy, better pack those saddle bags. 

giphy.gif

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, RiotAct said:

if a team is dumb enough to give us 2 2nd-rounders, we instantly do that.

even if he had the year he was supposed to i would do that to transfer value from the defense to offense (extra pick on that side).  its getting to the point where in a few years I could see only 2-3 defensive players taken in the top 20, and only DE prospects.  id personally be ok with never drafting def in the 1st rd again, its an offense driven league with a component of defense

20 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm not paying him anymore than Gabe. They're both way too inconsistent for 10M/yr.  Trade Ed while he still has some value. 

Not knowing how the young people use social media, it sounds like he might not be too happy right now.

Maybe the Houston Texans want him back home for one of their 3rds?

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Except he will be 32 by the end of next season. The smart move on Jones is let him play out next year. If his performance is maintained you see if you can find a way to work a 1 year deal out. But committing more cash now to a guy at that position, at that age, is not smart. 

If you want to extend one of our DTs it absolutely HAS to be Ed Oliver. Despite repeated attempts to re-make that department it is still in flux and he is still their best long term bet. 

I was sitting through a podcast yesterday, where Jones was extended, adding additional fluff years to help our situation

Oliver is going nowhere. Beane is not going to bail on the 9th pick in the draft. He'll give him another year and say his inury held him back this year. Only so many L's Beane will take. Cody, Epenesa, Moss, Bashem and losing Tremaine. He won't add Oliver to the list just yet.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.