Should we trade Ed Oliver?

Not gonna lie .. I'm kind of feeling this Bears Twitter Easter Egg breakdown of Oliver's IG posts.

Three pictures/videos.. the opponents.. Lions, Packers, Vikings.

Fwiw, they all really want their team to trade for Oliver. 

• Like (+1) 1

He's not good enough to be a whiner.  He's just an undersized starter who gets eaten up on most plays and every once in a while makes an impact play because he shoots a gap.

Stefon Diggs is good enough to whine, Ed Oliver gets shipped out for cap savings and a case of athletic tape if he whines.....see ya Ed...

Edited by JoeF

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm sorry, I guess the roster is complete.

"Ed Oliver for Jerry Jeudy...no way.  I would rather keep Ed's 4 sacks." - 4merper4mer 

“Sacks stats = only thing I understand”. What’sisname

Jerry Jeudy was overrated out of college because he played on a stacked team against inferior competition.  He has done Jack Bupkus in the pros and Denver wants first plus for him.  Brilliant.

Oh,and he is a walking injury…….when he is actually able to walk.

Edited by 4merper4mer

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But any move away from him is almist certainly a significant downgrade. You only do that to get something good back in return. A mid round pick in this ***** draft ain't it. 

I think this depends on how we look at the draft, and the other options on the board.  Say, for sake of argument, we’re dying to add a quality WR.  But we know we can’t get it done at pick 27, and we don’t want to burn draft capital to trade up.  I don’t think this is the case, but perhaps we also feel confident that we could either draft Oliver’s replacement at 27 or sign a replacement in FA to a more economical deal than what Oliver has (Ford, perhaps?).  In that context it might make sense to move Oliver to open cap space and help us acquire something that we can’t get at 27.  What that something is, and who would be willing to take on Oliver for that purpose, is beyond me.  Bottom line, I guess, is that there are a lot of moving parts here and how they perceive their needs and the ability to fill those needs in the draft might dictate their approach to Oliver.  

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

This is a giant load.

He's not only drawing doubles all year, which he was able to beat more often than most, he's also spent multiple snaps this year playing the edge.

And by beating those double teams, he finished with 5 TFL’s and 2.5 sacks? You have a funny definition of ‘beating’.

Also, disrupting and pressures are strawman-like arguments.  That is like saying Gabe Davis almost caught the ball when the reality is he did not catch it. Ed does not finish plays, clearly.

Stop with the rose colored glasses. There were plenty of times he was single-blocked and taken out of a play.

Double teams all year? Not close. Triple teamed is flat out comical.

Most on here would lambaste Beane if he signed a DT tomorrow on a 1 yr - $10m deal that last year produced 5 TFL and 2.5 sacks while being undersized.

Ed is worth 1/2 that. Sure he has 3 good games a year. That should not be acceptable, but if it is for you that is just curious.

• Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

No one is trading for Oliver this off-season.  Best case scenario...he has a really good season with the Bills leading the defense on a deep playoff run, cashes in with another team during 2024 FA, and the Bills get a decent comp pick for losing him. 

The comp pick obsession is out of control.  Get the players you want.  If they so happen get a comp pick great.. if not who cares 

Edited by GolfandBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

“Sacks stats = only thing I understand”. What’sisname

Jerry Jeudy was overrated out of college because he played on a stacked team against inferior competition.  He has done Jack Bupkus in the pros and Denver wants first plus for him.  Brilliant.

Oh,and he is a walking injury…….when he is actually able to walk.

LOL.

He's not in the backfield enough for a top ten 3-tech DT.

Jeudy was overrated because he played on a stacked team against inferior competition?  I guess we shouldn't draft anyone from Alabama, UGA or Ohio State because they are on a stacked team playing against inferior competition.  WTF kind of mindset is that?  

Jeudy has had Teddy Bridgewater and Russell Wilson throwing to him in his career so far....

Edited by Royale with Cheese

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But any move away from him is almist certainly a significant downgrade. You only do that to get something good back in return. A mid round pick in this ***** draft ain't it. 

I think Beane knows that and he is only traded if we get some WR or maybe OL upgrade in return.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL.

Jeudy was overrated because he played on a stacked team against inferior competition?  I guess we shouldn't draft anyone from Alabama, UGA or Ohio State because they are on a stacked team playing against inferior competition.  WTF kind of mindset is that?  

Jeudy has had Teddy Bridgewater and Russell Wilson throwing to him in his career so far....

Noticed you quickly edited the post where you didn’t even remember what you had posted 5 minutes ago and changed your tune.  

Jeudy is and was overrated.  That doesn’t mean everyone from Bama is overrated but we have a little experience with some.  Ruggs also played for the same Bama team.  How’s he doing?  

Your diatribe is to dump Oliver because he hasn’t produced and you’re advocating picking up a guy that ………hasn’t produced but has excuses?

Man I cannot believe all the whining on this board....Beane sucks.....McD sucks...they can't draft, bla, bla, bla. FRAZIER IS GONE! That in itself is worth a high draft pick!

Just a change in scheming, play calling and an increase in blitzing will make a huge difference in our players. Every one take a breath, it's mid March....

and remember, we pick 27th in every rd (except the 5th), and have only 6 picks. Beane is going to have a lot less control on what he can do and no control over the 26 picks ahead of him.  The cap is what it is. He can trade back or dip into next years picks, that's it.  Let's wait and see how things unfold.

There is no telling what can happen. Maybe Carter slides to us and maybe we can move Ed to the Texans , Cards or Colts and get into the 33-36 range. One things for sure, not one poster on this board has a clue what will happen.

Edited by nosejob

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL.

Hey now, maybe he meant Oliver impressed losing to powerhouse programs like Memphis, SMU and Army.

34 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If he gets us a Jeudy, a Hopkins, an Evans or something comparable....it's worth it.  Maybe we go after Poona Ford.

Agree with the bolded. Ford is better as a 1T and even Pete Carroll has said that. He would be a clear step down from Ed.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.