Should we trade Ed Oliver?

30 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I thought he was hurt.  

Beane’s comments at his presser seemed to say otherwise.  

Then he proceeded to diminish his trade value by saying we need more out of him.  

Nice work Brandon.  

I’m growing more and more convinced that he’s here to handle the cap.  That’s his forte.  Player evaluation and drafting has been atrocious since 2019 - the exception the Diggs trade.  

The comments or just absolutely ridiculous on this board

You don’t get to 13 and three whatever you have an incompetent GM they can’t draft and player evaluate

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I thought he was hurt.  

Beane’s comments at his presser seemed to say otherwise.  

Then he proceeded to diminish his trade value by saying we need more out of him.  

Nice work Brandon.  

I’m growing more and more convinced that he’s here to handle the cap.  That’s his forte.  Player evaluation and drafting has been atrocious since 2019 - the exception the Diggs trade.  

Well if his role is to handle the cap, he’s done a piss poor job of that too. I just feel like we are going to be dead men walking next season. The book is out on us and we’ll lucky to get a wild card, hopefully the rest of the division sucks too.

Oliver for anything. He played himself out of a contract last Sunday

Edited by uticaclub
  • Haha (+1) 1

Ed is a nice player, but not a 9th pick in the draft nice...watching the defenses from this weekend and then looking at how undersized Ed is, it's not a wonder we can get pushed around a little bit.  The Eagles OL hogs would've squash Ed like a bug had we met in the SB.  We need some beef in the middle. 

I'd trade him if you could find a willing trade participant...

Epenesa, Pbbt, we might be offered a Jugs branded ball bag?

• 1 month later...

I like Ed but I have seen rumors of a  couple second round picks on Twitter, which I like that idea. He has not flourished the way I had hoped and it might be our system. Maybe he is more valuable to someone else and we can spend the money elsewhere. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I like Ed but I have seen rumors of a  couple second round picks on Twitter, which I like that idea. He has not flourished the way I had hoped and it might be our system. Maybe he is more valuable to someone else and we can spend the money elsewhere. 

Hard to believe Oliver with a 1 year 11 million dollar contract is worth a second round draft pick. 

• Agree 4

43 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Hard to believe Oliver with a 1 year 11 million dollar contract is worth a second round draft pick. 

I put on my post it was on Twitter, so it probably is leaked from his agent but I would consider it at that point. 

On 1/25/2023 at 6:02 PM, Gunsgoodtime said:

Yes.  Espenesa too, for whatever you can get.  I would listen to offers on Basham too, although I imagine it would be pretty quiet on all 3 of their calls.  Time to shift the wasted DL picks onto the offense.  If you can get a 7th for that lb you took in the 3rd last year you take it.  

On 1/25/2023 at 6:03 PM, Billl said:

If someone offers a 3rd or 4th round pick for him, that’s a no-brainer. 

How sad that we are trading for a short term loss. Good GMs take those late rounders and trade them for 2nd and 3rd round picks. 

Look at Minnesota, drafted Diggs in the late rounds and got a 1st round pick for him. Why can’t we do that? Why are we so terrible for decades? 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

if a team is dumb enough to give us 2 2nd-rounders, we instantly do that.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Saint Doug said:

This guy has near-zero trade value. While they may not have his pedigree, there’s many Olivers in the NFL. Basically a JAG and no one is going to be excited to pay him that salary. 

He has crazy upside though and brute strength. He’s also very young. It’s possible it clicks for him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

He has crazy upside though and brute strength. He’s also very young. It’s possible it clicks for him.

He’s a decent player, but our cap issues.. Atlanta needs D help. How about Oliver for LB Mykal Walker and we give them a 6th next year. We save about 7-8m off cap. And a potential replacement at LB. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.